No big upcoming attractions after TRON?

JustAFan

No need to wait for D23. I've got the next big thing straight from my bus driver. Expect an announcement coming soon of a 5th gate dedicated to the amazing (hold on ... looking up name) Olivia Rodrigo. Follow for more. Like, comment, and subscribe. ✌️

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We've heard in the past that an expansion to Pandora was being considered. And there is unused space allotted for potential expansion.
I doubt the sequel will be a success... Much less, successful enough for a land expansion. But that is a topic for another thread..

WondersOfLife

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The first one was the highest grossing film of all time.
Who talks about it? Who casually brings it up in conversations anymore? Who remembers the stories? Who remembers the character names?

It’s irrelevant. It was only impressive because of the technology that was used. Otherwise it was a boring movie. I’m sure a sequel might break some good numbers purely out of curiosity. But if they don’t get better writers, it’s going to flop.

Patcheslee

Who talks about it? Who casually brings it up in conversations anymore? Who remembers the stories? Who remembers the character names?

It’s irrelevant. It was only impressive because of the technology that was used. Otherwise it was a boring movie. I’m sure a sequel might break some good numbers purely out of curiosity. But if they don’t get better writers, it’s going to flop.
DD13 didn't know what the first movie was until we watched it before visiting in 2017. It got her amped up for the ride because she liked the visuals. Once in awhile she'll ask about a 2nd movie. The biggest problem is there was an 8 year gap between movie and Avatar area. By then the movie momentum was lost.

JusticeDisney

Well, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. But the box office says your opinion is wrong.

JMcMahonEsq

You think a motion picture with James Cameron behind it, which is the direct sequel of one of the highest grossing films of all time, which will have Disney/ABC one of the largest media conglomerates in the the world behind it…is going to be a flop?

WondersOfLife

You think a motion picture with James Cameron behind it, which is the direct sequel of one of the highest grossing films of all time, which will have Disney/ABC one of the largest media conglomerates in the the world behind it…is going to be a flop?
I dont think it’ll match the release of the first film by any means.

tpoly88

I’m kinda thinking something will be announced with AK and Dinoland…we have county fairs and carnivals that are better…I know it’s been a short time, but man, I miss Joe Rhode
Was there this past Sunday and no one in Dino land. Dinosaur was a 10 min wait. It’s a shame that a whole part of the park is unused. Need to do something here. At least a few more rides kids can enjoy.

WondersOfLife

You think the film needs to be the all time leader at the box office to matter? Ok, lmao!
If it cannot maintain the draw it originally received, I would consider it a dying franchise.

I feel the same towards Marvel and Star Wars on some of those films.

JusticeDisney

If it cannot maintain the draw it originally received, I would consider it a dying franchise.

I feel the same towards Marvel and Star Wars on some of those films.
No offense my friend, but this film is the highest grossing movie of all time and you have now referred to it as dying, irrelevant, boring, and poorly written, among other things. Now, don’t get me wrong, I totally respect your right to have whatever opinion you want to have, but I’m starting to think that James Cameron kicked your dog or something. Lol!

WondersOfLife

No offense my friend, but this film is the highest grossing movie of all time
Not anymore
and you have now referred to it as dying,
Yes
irrelevant,
Yes
Yes
and poorly written,
Yes
among other things.
No :)
Now, don’t get me wrong, I totally respect your right to have whatever opinion you want to have, but I’m starting to think that James Cameron kicked your dog or something. Lol!
Don’t know who he is. The movie was boring and it’s dated and irrelevant now. It should have gotten a sequel YEARS ago back when it mattered.

JusticeDisney

Not anymore

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Don’t know who he is. The movie was boring and it’s dated and irrelevant now. It should have gotten a sequel YEARS ago back when it mattered.
Well, if you don’t even know who James Cameron is, that helps us put into proper perspective your opinions with respect to how awful the highest grossing film of all time is.

Anyway, I think you are spot on when you say how nobody will care about the Avatar franchise. I mean, look no further than how empty Pandora always is and how short the lines are for FOP. Oh wait…..

JusticeDisney

Not anymore

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Oh, and for the record, it is in fact still the highest grossing film of all time, so when you say it isn’t anymore, well ya kinda make yourself look a bit silly. No worries though, we all do that from time to time, myself certainly included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom