no 24hr party this year?

mouse_luv

The only way you'll get one of these again is probably if Disney decides how to turn it into another ridiculous upcharge event. I can only imagine how many $ it would be.:rolleyes: Get out your wallet OP! :hilarious:

mm121

apparently it wasnt a big enough draw for hotel room/park ticket $$$$ to bring it back year after year.

at least enough to justify the additional cost

Did they do it just that one time for leap year? or did they do it more than that?

ToTBellHop

apparently it wasnt a big enough draw for hotel room/park ticket $$$$ to bring it back year after year.

at least enough to justify the additional cost

Did they do it just that one time for leap year? or did they do it more than that?
They did it a few times. It was originally envisioned to be a yearly thing to show off new attractions, which is why we continue to see a pattern of new content opening in late May, but the actual event wasn't as profitable as hoped (not many people were actually booking vacations to do this). As comes to no surprise to us, only locals would make a special trip for this. Vacationers come exactly when they plan to come. And locals will also come just to see the latest rides, so commercials for Pandora and spots on local news will be just as effective without the headaches.

Dizney Crew

Curious were the crowd levels that large in the early morning hours? I can't imagine from mid till the sun came up that many people were in the park, especially families with small kids. And were all the attractions opened? Or just select rides, again I can't see everything being opened all night. As a local this always sounded like a cool event, was hoping to experience it now that we have AP's, oh well not losing sleep if they don't bring it back.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The only way you'll get one of these again is probably if Disney decides how to turn it into another ridiculous upcharge event. I can only imagine how many $ it would be.:rolleyes: Get out your wallet OP! :hilarious:
Well, if four hours is $129, 12 hours would be three times that, right? $387... plus tax...

I remember the very first one back in 2012. You'd think that maybe it wasn't as bad when they first did it, or that it would get better over the years. Nope. 2012 was horrible. This was before FP+, so the paper FP's had run out by 7 PM. Almost every single restaurant and food cart was closed, so we couldn't eat anywhere. There were so many children there who really shouldn't be awake for 16 hours at a physically draining place like Disney. Incredibly crowded too, with minimum hour long waits for everything. I hated it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom