Nineteen Eighty-Four: An Imagineering Competition (trial run)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
bigbrother.png

Welcome one and all, to a trial run for my Big Brother themed Armchair Imagineering competition..."Nineteen Eighty-Four"! The rules and structure will closely follow that of the CBS reality show, with smaller scale Imagineering tasks making up the majority of the challenges.

Twelve houseguests will enter the trial run "Nineteen Eighty Four House" and be watched by Big Brother twenty-four seven. The catch to this game is that it's every man for himself, and based entirely on voting and strategy.

At the start of each round, a 48 hour Head of Household (HoH) competition will be held. The winner of the comp will have 24 hours to nominate two houseguests for eviction. Afterwards I'll pick three names out of a hat on video (for authenticity's sake ;) ) that will compete with the HoH and two nominees in a 48 hour comp for the Power of Veto (PoV)

Whoever has the PoV can take one nominated houseguest off the block, or choose to leave the nominations the same. The PoV winner will have 12 hours to make their decision. Afterwards, the HoH will have another twelve hours to name a replacement nominee if needed.

Afterwards the two nominees will give speeches for why they think they should stay in the house, and the houseguests will vote for who they want to evict. The two nominated houseguests cannot vote and the HoH only votes in the event of a tie.

Afterwards we'll immediately jump into another 48 hour Head of Household competition to start off the next round. And of course since Big Brother's motto is "Expect the Unexpected", you can certainly bet on some twists happening!

Will you rise to the challenge and take part in the trial run for what might be the FUTURE of Armchair Imagineering competitions? It must be noted that we don't expect to get this game off the ground on an official TAFI level until 2017, but were planning on doing several trial seasons to iron out all the kinks. I will be your one and only judge for the first go around unless someone has a specific interest in judging with me.
it
Sign ups start NOW. Competition begins Friday, July 24th and will run about six to eight weeks.

RMichael21

As a fellow BB and reality show fan, I'd love to play this. But, I'm going to be busier in the next few weeks (and with SA on top of that), I really don't have time for this. Maybe if this pops up again in the future, I'll play. ;):)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
As a fellow BB and reality show fan, I'd love to play this. But, I'm going to be busier in the next few weeks (and with SA on top of that), I really don't have time for this. Maybe if this pops up again in the future, I'll play. ;):)

Depending on how well this trial run does I definitely would like to do at least five trial seasons building up to an official TAFI season in 2017.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom