Nighttime shows gone wrong...

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Has anyone ever seen a showing of Wishes, IllumiNations or Fantasmic where a whole bunch of things went wrong? I was last there early September 06 and overall Fantasmic was pretty bad. e.g.
- the pyro from Mickey's fingers failed to go off
- one of the water screens didn't work at all
- the dragon didn't spit a fireball, and the lake didn't catch fire at all
- there was no boat at all in the finale; the characters just came out onto the stage and danced :(

Also, we watched IllumiNations once and the sound system was completely screwed up. The audio kept cutting out, and totally ruined the show.

I appreciate that things can and will go wrong with shows like these - just interested to know if anyone else has seen such things go wrong.

PS. This is my first thread.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The boat missing from Fantasmic! isn`t something wrong; this is one of the alternate sequences when the boat isn`t available due to maintainence or other issue. Sadly the Dragons fire is best seen in Disney PR. Occasionally you`ll see a blast of flame. Most times a small spurt. The flames on the water are ignited gas jets; they work independent of the dragons flame. Sounds like you got unlucky.

Quite often no nighttime show runs with 100% of everything working. They are just so technical (and pyro in particular has so many variables). I`ve seen RoE missing the 2nd and 3rd ALF launches, Fantasmic! running the Malificent finale variation after the Dragon failed to fully extend and the original IllumiNations where non-firing pyro was all released for safety at the end of the show; one night there was quite a lot during the GE exit spiel. Almost an extra show!

Tim G

Has anyone ever seen a showing of Wishes, IllumiNations or Fantasmic where a whole bunch of things went wrong? I was last there early September 06 and overall Fantasmic was pretty bad. e.g.
- the pyro from Mickey's fingers failed to go off
- one of the water screens didn't work at all
- the dragon didn't spit a fireball, and the lake didn't catch fire at all
- there was no boat at all in the finale; the characters just came out onto the stage and danced :(

Also, we watched IllumiNations once and the sound system was completely screwed up. The audio kept cutting out, and totally ruined the show.

I appreciate that things can and will go wrong with shows like these - just interested to know if anyone else has seen such things go wrong.

PS. This is my first thread.

Ok... so take them to court... :lookaroun

barnum42

Hello to South Wales from over the Bridge, though I spend a lot of time in the Rhondda :wave:

Most live shows will have something go awry in them, so there is nothing unusual there. Illuminations is the night show I've seen the most and it seems to be pretty regular that a pyro is missing or goes bang out of sequence. But as a percentage of the total, it's very small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom