Night at the Museum Ride at Disney Parks?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's a shame that Disney doesn't emphasize themed eateries more. I could see a NatM type TS with replica artifacts scattered throughout the restaurant. Possibly with some CM interactions/shows. Think Adventurers Club.

Considering the nostalgia surrounding AC and the fact that this type of environment plays to Disney's strength (guest experience/interactions) - whether it's with NatM, another franchise, or something similar to AC - IMO Disney is missing the boat here. Not to mention the fact that these types of places are people eaters.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The restaurant thing is a cool idea but probably won’t happen. It’d also make a really cool Poseidon’s Fury style experience, too.

Fitting it in any of the parks would be a challenge in my opinion though. I dont even see it fitting at HS. Maybe if Disney opened their own FOX theme park.

erasure fan1

It's a shame that Disney doesn't emphasize themed eateries more. I could see a NatM type TS with replica artifacts scattered throughout the restaurant. Possibly with some CM interactions/shows. Think Adventurers Club.

Considering the nostalgia surrounding AC and the fact that this type of environment plays to Disney's strength (guest experience/interactions) - whether it's with NatM, another franchise, or something similar to AC - IMO Disney is missing the boat here. Not to mention the fact that these types of places are people eaters.
While I don't think the movies have a snowballs chance getting a ride. A restaurant in the studios would be a great way to start leveraging the fox properties. And night at the museum would be a good one. There are all sorts of themed sections representing different sections of a museum you can have. And within those sections different things will "come to life" at different times... It is a great idea. Unfortunately, since it is a great idea, it's unlikely to ever happen.

WondersOfLife

If anyone is a big dreamer about this kinda stuff... I recommend downloading Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, or Planet Coaster, and creating this attraction for yourself in your own theme park. (-:

Absolutely fantastically addicting tycoon games for theme park enthusiasts.

PostScott

If anyone is a big dreamer about this kinda stuff... I recommend downloading Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, or Planet Coaster, and creating this attraction for yourself in your own theme park. (-:

Absolutely fantastically addicting tycoon games for theme park enthusiasts.
RCT3 and PC are so much fun, I grew up with RCT3 and really enjoyed playing PC

MickeyLuv'r

The idea for a ride or themed dining has potential.
My main...concern? caution? (not sure what word choice fits best) is that Disney would have to be very thoughtful when choosing what museum artifacts and personas to include.

Right now, America isn't feeling particularly enthusiastic on the subject of celebrating our history, or even which Americans we want to call heroes. For that matter, we are even debating who should be allowed to tell the story.

History is a little risky right now for a big company like Disney. All it takes is one scandal, and suddenly the Johnny Depp animatronic investment doesn't look very favorable.

Disney has had multiple ups and downs when they added celebrities to attractions.

WondersOfLife

RCT3 and PC are so much fun, I grew up with RCT3 and really enjoyed playing PC
Same. I've found it so hard to get into PC the same way as RCT3. I know all the tricks with RCT3, but PC is soooooo detailed. I use it for exploring other peoples' creations, and I used RCT3 for making my own stuff.

WondersOfLife

All it takes is one scandal, and suddenly the Johnny Depp animatronic investment doesn't look very favorable.
Somehow though, the Jack Sparrow character himself is proven to still be so ever popular. I'd argue on a Indiana Jones level popularity (with the early 2000's generation).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd sooner see them turn Hall of Presidents into National Treasure: Page 47 before a Night at the Museum attraction... or restaurant.

Goofy213

A NatM restraunt would be a great replacement for Star Wars Launch Bay. Studios needs another table service restraunt. On our last trip in March there was no table service available in Studio's, so we ended up park hopping over to Epcot for each meal.

mergatroid

The idea for a ride or themed dining has potential.
My main...concern? caution? (not sure what word choice fits best) is that Disney would have to be very thoughtful when choosing what museum artifacts and personas to include.

Right now, America isn't feeling particularly enthusiastic on the subject of celebrating our history, or even which Americans we want to call heroes. For that matter, we are even debating who should be allowed to tell the story.

History is a little risky right now for a big company like Disney. All it takes is one scandal, and suddenly the Johnny Depp animatronic investment doesn't look very favorable.

Disney has had multiple ups and downs when they added celebrities to attractions.
Agree, what's acceptable now changes very fast.

WondersOfLife

A NatM restraunt would be a great replacement for Star Wars Launch Bay. Studios needs another table service restraunt. On our last trip in March there was no table service available in Studio's, so we ended up park hopping over to Epcot for each meal.
But it just wouldn't make sense in HS... and that's really saying something, given HS's loose theming, lol.

There really just needs to be a Fox theme park in general.

HonorableMention

There was going to be a Night at the Museum ride at Genting SkyWorlds when it was originally Fox World Malaysia. There were a ton of issues with the Disney deal and this park and they lost a lot of the IP they could use, but the ride might still open when the park is open to the public

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
There was going to be a Night at the Museum ride at Genting SkyWorlds when it was originally Fox World Malaysia. There were a ton of issues with the Disney deal and this park and they lost a lot of the IP they could use, but the ride might still open when the park is open to the public
Apparently it has already been built at Skyworlds. I think with Disney doing an animated film and a rumored 4th film , musical, and tv show Disney has a lot in store for the franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom