NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

Well I guess Montreal and Carolina have decided they would like to be the villains of hockey. No idea what is going on in this league.

LSLS

I'm interested to see how the Lightning use some of the guys they have signed. We lost our grit line so what are they building for the 3rd and 4th lines?

Corey perry, colton, and maybe cirelli could be the third line. 4th will have bellamare, maroon, and then one of the rookies until one of them pushes colton down. Stick stamkos back at center with barre-boulet and killorn.

Love Ft Wilderness

Corey perry, colton, and maybe cirelli could be the third line. 4th will have bellamare, maroon, and then one of the rookies until one of them pushes colton down. Stick stamkos back at center with barre-boulet and killorn.
I posted before I heard about Corey Perry. Funny how we beat him twice in the final (Dallas then Montreal) so he decided to join us this time. Your line up sounds intriguing. I guess we'll see how it all works out.

LSLS

I posted before I heard about Corey Perry. Funny how we beat him twice in the final (Dallas then Montreal) so he decided to join us this time. Your line up sounds intriguing. I guess we'll see how it all works out.
Yeah one thing for sure, tampa isn't done yet. They have too many waiver exempt players.

Slpy3270

NHL national TV schedules released.

Note that TNT has the most games on TV, but there will be less games allocated to TV than last year because of the ESPN+ deals.

Also, Liam McHugh, another NBC guy, has joined Turner to host NHL's studio coverage. Very obvious they want an "Inside the NBA" feel.

Slpy3270

So NHL on ESPN thus far....

It's an OK return after 17 years, and thank God we aren't being subjected to NBC's torturous analysis (looking at you, Pierre).

But OMG Sean McDonough is an awful PxP announcer. Someone needs to tell him he's not commentating a football game like he normally does.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So NHL on ESPN thus far....

It's an OK return after 17 years, and thank God we aren't being subjected to NBC's torturous analysis (looking at you, Pierre).

But OMG Sean McDonough is an awful PxP announcer. Someone needs to tell him he's not commentating a football game like he normally does.
He’s actually one of the better all sports play by play Guys…

but I hear baseball and he’s a little wordy

Slpy3270

That's one sick studio. That it's in my capital city makes it even better.

Oh, and Charles Barkley will be a special guest on tonight's pre-show.

Vegas Disney Fan

Seattle looked better than I expected last night, as a knights fan that was more stressful than I thought it would be.

Fun game to watch though, fast paced and a lot of action.

Slpy3270

Lightning/Pens and Knights/Kraken averaged 983K and 783K viewers, respectively.

A modest yet solid start for ESPN take two considering the MLB competition. I have to imagine ESPN+ numbers at least pushed L/P over a million.

Slpy3270

13 mins in to TNT's NHL studio show and already there's an Inside the NBA vibe.

I can't believe that in the 17 years NBC had the league, they didn't bother giving two s about covering it.

Slpy3270

Eddie and Kenny were doing picture-in-picture analysis with Wayne Gretsky as the Rangers score two goals.

Yeah, really dumb. Forgivable, but dumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom