NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

Timmay

The number 1 offense last year is already off and running, even without MacKinnon tonight. Avs 3-0 up on Chicago in the first 10 minutes. Oh yeah.

Slpy3270

So, besides that forgivable "picture-in-picture analysis during two goals" snafu at Rangers/Capitals, TNT's coverage of NHL surpasses anything NBC did in the last 15 years.

LSLS

So, besides that forgivable "picture-in-picture analysis during two goals" snafu at Rangers/Capitals, TNT's coverage of NHL surpasses anything NBC did in the last 15 years.

My yelling at a computer screen surpasses nbc.

But yeah. Super impressed with TNT so far. Espn was good as well. I will say I HATE the spider cam they were using. Cool for before puck drop, but it's too difficult following the play with that one.

Slpy3270

TNT numbers out.

Rangers vs. Capitals: 817,000
Blackhawks vs. Avalanche: 522,000

Lower than ESPN, unsurprisingly (Costa Rica vs. USA was a banger), but still numbers NBCSN could only dream of.

(Since the numbers are lower than what AEW usually draws, I wonder if TNT will start charging higher rates for the slot.)

Hockey is really the only professional sport I watch and follow as I just feel it is so much more exciting to watch the any other sport. Whether it be on TNT or ESPN or NBC Sports Washington for the Capitals games it still is an exciting game.

LSLS

It is amazing how quickly my love for hockey has taken a nose dive with the blackhawks scandal and the pretend slap on the wrist bettman is giving it. Guy needs to be gone now for this.

LSLS

Eh, I'm really embarrassed to watch hockey at this point. Between the Beach scandal, Arizona playing in an arena smaller than the ECHL and OHL, the west being the biggest joke I've ever watched, just horribly incompetent refs, and the fact that NHL writers obviously know very little/don't watch a ton of the sport (see the awards this year), it's hard being a fan.

LSLS

Wouldn't shock me one bit if it was a rematch. Tampa really missed Point in that series....

Tampa also had like 8 guys with significant injuries. Cirelli had a messed up shoulder, then dislocated the other, Hagel had a broken foot, Perry had a shoulder, Bellemare had a knee issue, Paul had a messed up shoulder (can't think of the rest right now). Honestly, I don't think Colorado makes it back unless they significantly upgrade in net and defense. I was pretty unimpressed with them. They made the finals because they got 2 AHL goalies and 42 year old Mike Smith (also, how awful is the Pacific?), and then got a Tampa team who came off the 2 shortest offseasons in NHL history (back to back), with tons of injuries, who had to play against a combined like 466 points in the playoffs, and still, it took them getting ALL the bounces, all the bad calls going their way (FYI, not saying they won because of the refs or anything, bad calls were aplenty these playoffs, they just seemed to always benefit Colorado throughout most the playoffs, and especially that series), and two OTs just to win it in 6.

Love Ft Wilderness

As a Lightning fan, I'm proud of the team this season. But now I have moved on looking forward to the next one.

So far, losing Derek Lalonde to the Red Wings (congrats to him!) and Ryan McDonough to the Preds has been very sad. I've said earlier this season that I expected changes to the team due to contracts and salary cap. But change is good, and I can't wait to see how the team looks in the end.

The signing of Nick Paul was wonderful news. That guy impressed me so much since we picked him up.

Next up is the draft and more signings. Hoping no more trades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom