NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

As a Lightning fan, I'm proud of the team this season. But now I have moved on looking forward to the next one.

So far, losing Derek Lalonde to the Red Wings (congrats to him!) and Ryan McDonough to the Preds has been very sad. I've said earlier this season that I expected changes to the team due to contracts and salary cap. But change is good, and I can't wait to see how the team looks in the end.

The signing of Nick Paul was wonderful news. That guy impressed me so much since we picked him up.

Next up is the draft and more signings. Hoping no more trades.
I'd expect to see blashill come in as an assistant. I can't imagine rutta is back with them bringing in Meyers. So the real question I have is if palat is taking a discount. Paul signing was perfect. Get a decent LHD to fill out the third pair, enjoy your longest offseason in 3 years, and they will be a favorite again

Love Ft Wilderness

I'd expect to see blashill come in as an assistant. I can't imagine rutta is back with them bringing in Meyers. So the real question I have is if palat is taking a discount. Paul signing was perfect. Get a decent LHD to fill out the third pair, enjoy your longest offseason in 3 years, and they will be a favorite again
I looked up Blashill (as I didn't know the name) and that would be interesting to get another Yzerman selection. I agree with you on Rutta. My fingers are crossed on Palat. I'm hoping that Cooper being his only coach may factor into his decision so that he agrees to a friendly contract.

I went through hockey withdrawals after the final since I watched every game the past 3 busy seasons (and many before that). I was just used to having something to watch every other night. I want the Bolts to rest up and heal so that that they WILL be a favorite.

LSLS

I looked up Blashill (as I didn't know the name) and that would be interesting to get another Yzerman selection. I agree with you on Rutta. My fingers are crossed on Palat. I'm hoping that Cooper being his only coach may factor into his decision so that he agrees to a friendly contract.

I went through hockey withdrawals after the final since I watched every game the past 3 busy seasons (and many before that). I was just used to having something to watch every other night. I want the Bolts to rest up and heal so that that they WILL be a favorite.

Blashill was the coach in Detroit, and is one of Cooper's best friends. Just makes a ton of sense Cooper would give him a role. I'm trying my best to get excited for the draft, but like I said, my NHL love took a MASSIVE hit this year. To the point I missed a good chunk of playoff games this year, which I haven't done in decades. And not even because I was super busy, I just wasn't that into it. Bettman did some great work building the league, but he's a real detriment at this point.

Love Ft Wilderness

Draft is over and Lightning fans seem to be very excited about a young pick in Isaac Howard. I hope that maybe he plays in a preseason game so we all can get a look at him.

Hearing Ondre Palat's camp hasn't come to any agreement with the team and may be headed to the free market.
Summer in the NHL is always interesting. I always wonder what new names and numbers I'll need to memorize.

How's everybody else's teams looking?

LSLS

Draft is over and Lightning fans seem to be very excited about a young pick in Isaac Howard. I hope that maybe he plays in a preseason game so we all can get a look at him.

Hearing Ondre Palat's camp hasn't come to any agreement with the team and may be headed to the free market.
Summer in the NHL is always interesting. I always wonder what new names and numbers I'll need to memorize.

How's everybody else's teams looking?
Howard was an incredible pick. Edmunds also could be a total steal. Tampa killed this draft. I thought columbus did really well too. Same with Buffalo, and Montreal. I thinks sharks were the questionable draft. Hawks are a total train wreck, and no franchise deserves it more. Hope some of their picks refuse to sign there as well

LSLS

I hate Gary Bettman so much at this point. There is not enough talent in the league with 32 teams, multiple teams losing money, and we don't even have enough minor league teams for every NHL team, so lets expand it out to 34. Basically, he has done an AWFUL job growing the sport like every other sport has, so his only answer to ensure money is coming in is to keep bringing in expansion fees.

LSLS

The league is also expanding replay to include some penalties now. I can honestly say that I do not know a single person in favor of expanding replay. I'd say nearly every one of them wants replay reigned in. The replay system is too long, it rarely impacts a goal (talking things like offsides), and it makes it seem like there is clear bias by the league. Look know further than last night with Tampa/Boston. The league says they overturned because they saw clear evidence of white between cirelli's skate blade and the line before the puck went in, but on all the broadcast angles, that was not seen. And it was not shown by the league. It was just "Well the league has more cameras to look at." Why is that? Why not show the exact reason? So after 3 minutes, play is back on, goal is called off, and Tampa fans think the league is "clearly" out to get them and help the Bruins (which of course doesn't help since the refs never talk to the media, and Colin Campbell has been shown to have bias and try to impact refs). And now we are doing this with out of play penalties and high sticking. I remember the 9 minute review a few years back for puck out of play, and you are telling me we are going to do more of this? Such an insanely out of touch league.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom