NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

Time to fire Cooper. Time to get rid of Vasy, Stamkos, Kucherov and basically everyone who’s been with the team for more than 2 seasons. There is a culture of losing. It’s time to tank and completely rebuild the team. Hopefully we lose game 4 so they don’t have to embarrass their pathetic posteriors in front of the home crowd again. Why should we the fans care about winning if the players obviously don’t?

Now that is ridiculous. You are getting rid of a 23 year old who may be the best goalie in hockey and bringing in who exactly? I get anger, but temper it. The team is soft. For the good cooper can do, it honestly feels like he can't manage in game, nor can he fire a team up, and he has to much investment in certain players (palat, Johnson, killorn for starters). They need a shakeup, but you dont destroy your core to do it. Elite goalies and 130 point scorers dont grow on trees. Briesbois has a difficult job this offseason. He needs to clear some significant cap and has a bunch of ntc he needs to do it with.

EricsBiscuit

Now that is ridiculous. You are getting rid of a 23 year old who may be the best goalie in hockey and bringing in who exactly? I get anger, but temper it. The team is soft. For the good cooper can do, it honestly feels like he can't manage in game, nor can he fire a team up, and he has to much investment in certain players (palat, Johnson, killorn for starters). They need a shakeup, but you dont destroy your core to do it. Elite goalies and 130 point scorers dont grow on trees. Briesbois has a difficult job this offseason. He needs to clear some significant cap and has a bunch of ntc he needs to do it with.
You’re right about most of it but. Vasy is definitely not the best goalie. The problem is the core chokes in the playoffs. Stammer’s line has been silent.

LSLS

You’re right about most of it but. Vasy is definitely not the best goalie. The problem is the core chokes in the playoffs. Stammer’s line has been silent.

If you asked me to take one goalie from the league, I probably take Vasi. Who do you have over him? Especially if you factor in age and contract. He's been bad these playoffs, but before this year, he has had outstanding playoffs. This is legit the first time I have EVER seen him rattled (and I have watched him since before he was drafted). He gets left out to dry ALL the time by some pretty putrid defense (which is inexcusable considering who they have on the back end), and somehow he has become flustered.

You are right, Stammer's line has been silent. Then again, you put together a line that has not played together all regular season, I don't know why you are shocked they haven't been good (FYI, Point, who is getting a total pass by most, has been completely silent while playing like 6 more minutes a night). Biggest game of the season, and you play your 45 goal scoring captain 15 minutes? If you tell me they need major moves, I'd agree. Like I said, perfect world, Palat/TJ/Cally/Killorn are gone (possibly Miller as well). However, Yzerman has tanked them with all those NTCs, so not sure there is much of a chance any of that happens. They better get rid of a couple contracts somehow, otherwise you will see the end of Point in Tampa which kills them.

EricsBiscuit

If you asked me to take one goalie from the league, I probably take Vasi. Who do you have over him? Especially if you factor in age and contract. He's been bad these playoffs, but before this year, he has had outstanding playoffs. This is legit the first time I have EVER seen him rattled (and I have watched him since before he was drafted). He gets left out to dry ALL the time by some pretty putrid defense (which is inexcusable considering who they have on the back end), and somehow he has become flustered.

You are right, Stammer's line has been silent. Then again, you put together a line that has not played together all regular season, I don't know why you are shocked they haven't been good (FYI, Point, who is getting a total pass by most, has been completely silent while playing like 6 more minutes a night). Biggest game of the season, and you play your 45 goal scoring captain 15 minutes? If you tell me they need major moves, I'd agree. Like I said, perfect world, Palat/TJ/Cally/Killorn are gone (possibly Miller as well). However, Yzerman has tanked them with all those NTCs, so not sure there is much of a chance any of that happens. They better get rid of a couple contracts somehow, otherwise you will see the end of Point in Tampa which kills them.
Hopefully Vasy can bounce back. Point scored the majority of TBL’s goals against CBJ during the regular season. It was the Kuch, SS, BP line that generated most of the goals for the Bolts this season and they were silent. Point and Stamkos only scored today. It was a very pathetic series from the Bolts. They only realized in the third period that they better get in gear. It was too little too late. I’m not blaming the refs. I’m blaming the TBL’s complacency. There’s no better way to p iss off your fan base than to do what the TBL just did. I’m not going to any Lightning games from now on (went to about 5 this season) until they prove they can win in the playoffs. The Rays have my money now.

LSLS

Hopefully Vasy can bounce back. Point scored the majority of TBL’s goals against CBJ during the regular season. It was the Kuch, SS, BP line that generated most of the goals for the Bolts this season and they were silent. Point and Stamkos only scored today. It was a very pathetic series from the Bolts. They only realized in the third period that they better get in gear. It was too little too late. I’m not blaming the refs. I’m blaming the TBL’s complacency. There’s no better way to p iss off your fan base than to do what the TBL just did. I’m not going to any Lightning games from now on (went to about 5 this season) until they prove they can win in the playoffs. The Rays have my money now.

Look no further than coaching. We had one legit top left handed dman this series with the hedman injury. We didnt go all in with him until period 3 of game 4. That is a coaching staff that never even considered desperation. I hate baseball, and pretty much all other sports since the ufc became a joke, so I will go see round 2 in Columbus since that place looked amazing for a game and stew about what a waste my time and commitment was to this fraud of a team.

EricsBiscuit

Look no further than coaching. We had one legit top left handed dman this series with the hedman injury. We didnt go all in with him until period 3 of game 4. That is a coaching staff that never even considered desperation. I hate baseball, and pretty much all other sports since the ufc became a joke, so I will go see round 2 in Columbus since that place looked amazing for a game and stew about what a waste my time and commitment was to this fraud of a team.
I like baseball. But yes in any case the coaching is the root of the problem. The worst part is they just extended Jon cooper.

LSLS

Colorado wins in OT. Tampa can join the record books again. Flames are down 3-1. This can be the first year ever that the top teams in both conferences go out in the first round of the playoffs. Despite what Cooper states, there is not that much parody.

Lucky

Division winners all eliminated first round.

Barry Trotz won a Stanley Cup with those guys last year, going 4-0 when a series went to game 6 or 7. Todd Reirden: first round exit, 0-2 in games 6 and 7.

LSLS

Not just any one call in the playoffs, but it seems pretty random in general when embellishment is called.

Well lindell was one of the most embarrassing things I've seen. That should have been only 2 for him, and he should have gotten 3 minors for it. Personally I'd like to see it where the dive negates the other penalty.

LSLS

I honestly dont remember the last time I have been less interested in the playoffs. The reffing has been a train wreck, the teams have been boring, it's been an embarrassment. They bury the whistles completely in round 1 to eliminate every high skilled/scoring team, and then decide we need teams getting 8 power plays a game? Just awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom