NHL 2023/24 Official Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Vegas Golden Knights)

LSLS

Even Sean Avery didn’t lick people!

Sean Avery would have received a 30 game ban. I legit have no idea how Marchand escapes everything. Lost in the lick nonsense is that the 2nd time in as many games he clipped a player (which is where the scrum that he licked came from), and this one was REALLY bad. He went out of his way to take a guy's knees out. Dude essentially ended Salo's career (and got a 5 game suspension) like 5 years ago with the exact same play, yet somehow as Marchand develops more history, his discipline gets smaller.

NYwdwfan

Sean Avery would have received a 30 game ban. I legit have no idea how Marchand escapes everything. Lost in the lick nonsense is that the 2nd time in as many games he clipped a player (which is where the scrum that he licked came from), and this one was REALLY bad. He went out of his way to take a guy's knees out. Dude essentially ended Salo's career (and got a 5 game suspension) like 5 years ago with the exact same play, yet somehow as Marchand develops more history, his discipline gets smaller.
It's pretty disgraceful. And nasty. Although I think I said nasty already.

LSLS

On the plus side, Marchand is gone, Pens are gone. Part of me wants the Jets to win just to really mess with the league even though I picked the Preds.

WDW Guru

Caps have won the Stanley Cup and it's insane here in the DC area. I was at the outdoor viewing party for the game outside the arena and I've never felt an experience like that in my entire life. Really makes me love this team we have and the city were in even more.

Lucky

TV broadcasters

CA61D4A1-33DF-43F7-835D-127AFABD2B98.jpeg

Radio broadcasters present and past

F7AC0BCA-BD2C-4FF5-870D-4F21DC5A412A.jpeg

94159080-221C-4BEA-AD31-75AF995A8FF0.jpeg

Olie Kolzig

C48308EA-4E0B-4B34-ABE8-7FE1A14830EA.jpeg

TJ Oshie
652E4EF5-7219-4108-A51E-25C54431540B.jpeg

Braden Holtby

40755C74-F10B-4F4C-B66F-318DE3578035.jpeg

Orpik, Backstrom, Ovechkin and Leonsis

CF1D324D-73E6-4A8D-A0AF-68092EA13DBB.jpeg
8D4ACCF4-6C59-4CA0-A517-FE26B41291FB.jpeg

Last edited:

Lucky

Barry Trotz will not be returning as coach of the Capitals. Not clear yet how much it’s about $ or about changes he wanted to make on his staff.

LSLS

So, really cool how they released how every writer voted this year.

https://www.thephwa.com/news_article/show/928847

What I have learned. Adrian Dater and Charlie O'Connor should have their credentials pulled. If you picked your Norris Trophy with no Hedman or Doughty but did include Doug Hamilton 2nd and Jacob Slavin (Dater), or no Doughty and Subban while having Hamilton, Giordano, and Josh Manson (O'Connor), you do not have the credibility to vote.

I'd also suggest the Lady Byng needs don away considering the number of people who put Connor McDavid in their votes (Jeremy Rutherford had him 1, seriously?). This is a guy who got an abuse of official penalty this year.

Lucky

Las Vegas won’t share in the $650m expansion fee for Seattle but also won’t be in the expansion draft. Everyone but them will lose a good player.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom