NFL 2023 Season Discussion Thread (Current Champs: Kansas City Chiefs)

Dad 2 M & M

Story should break at any minute now….

Apparently Matt Ryan to the Colts is done

Falcons get a 3rd round pick….can’t wait to see full details…..how much cap hit/dead money??

@MattC

Dad 2 M & M

In response to Buffalo's Divisional round loss to KC - Rule Change for Overtime in Playoffs (Playoffs, not regular season)

Buffalo is thought to have the League's best D and couldn't stop KC at all in the final minutes

As the story reads, if game is tied after both teams get their initial possession, then the game reverts Sudden Death. One question would be is there ANOTHER coin toss?

Dad 2 M & M

Falcons resign Grady Jarret $51m over three years with $34m guaranteed.

Can't wait to see the details as I suspect it will be heavily front loaded, with a bulk of the money being paid next year (Falcons were to have almost $100m in cap space next year, and already gave $30m to Jake Matthews for next year alone)

Not too thrilled about the news as it was time to move on from our last TERRIBLE contract

JPPT1974

Tony's father succumb to a heart attack and Tony sadly and tragically may have inherited that gene. But really guy was an entertaining type of player and person. Only 55-years old. RIP!

mf1972

my best friend is a life long cowboys fan, & he’s finally admitting dallas isn’t going to win anything with prescott as their qb.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
my best friend is a life long cowboys fan, & he’s finally admitting dallas isn’t going to win anything with prescott as their qb.
I have a bunch of fan friends who I’ve been telling that for 6 years

Just doesn’t have it. The Jones were 100% right when they resisted extending him for big money….but then they got scared and did it the next year. Yet another in a long line of personnel mistakes.

They drill holes in the ground, they’re not gms

Minnesota disney fan

I live in Minnesota so am a reluctant Vikings fan, LOL. They have always disappointed me. BUT this year, with a new coach, things just might change. I try not to get my hopes up too high for them, though. One can only take so much disappointment!
Love Josh Allen and the Bills!

Dad 2 M & M

I live in Minnesota so am a reluctant Vikings fan, LOL. They have always disappointed me. BUT this year, with a new coach, things just might change. I try not to get my hopes up too high for them, though. One can only take so much disappointment!
Love Josh Allen and the Bills!
Would table your hopes on that team whose fan base celebrates organised crime too….

They lost EVERY game, like 100% of games that were decided by a single score last year….if they can blow out the other team you’re in good shape….otherwise shaky…Defense (that stellar D) was so bad in the Divisional Round the NFL HAD to change Overtime rules fir the upcoming Playoffs

Dad 2 M & M

I have a bunch of fan friends who I’ve been telling that for 6 years

Just doesn’t have it. The Jones were 100% right when they resisted extending him for big money….but then they got scared and did it the next year. Yet another in a long line of personnel mistakes.

They drill holes in the ground, they’re not gms
100% right to resist, followed by caving after he was injured

Name a team with a mammoth QB contact that has a roster that isn’t filled with holes? There are a couple, but cap purgatory is in the near future….

How competitive/roster full of holes were the following (after signing huge QB contracts in 2017-2020):

-Atlanta (Ryan)
-Pittsburgh (Rothlesberger)
-Seattle* (Wilson)
-Green Bay* (Rodgers)
-Minnesota (Cousins)
-Dallas (Prescott)
LA Rams (Goff)
Philly(Wentz)

*QB raised Cain wanting better players on roster

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
100% right to resist, followed by caving after he was injured

Name a team with a mammoth QB contact that has a roster that isn’t filled with holes? There are a couple, but cap purgatory is in the near future….

How competitive/roster full of holes were the following (after signing huge QB contracts in 2017-2020):

-Atlanta (Ryan)
-Pittsburgh (Rothlesberger)
-Seattle* (Wilson)
-Green Bay* (Rodgers)
-Minnesota (Cousins)
-Dallas (Prescott)
LA Rams (Goff)
Philly(Wentz)

*QB raised Cain wanting better players on roster
Not sure what all this about…but you seem well researched.

Just saying DAK isn’t a winner…but that’s just based on watching 10+ times a year cause I’m bored and Troy aikman was always there so they keep showing them 😎

Dad 2 M & M

Not sure what all this about…but you seem well researched.

Just saying DAK isn’t a winner…but that’s just based on watching 10+ times a year cause I’m bored and Troy aikman was always there so they keep showing them 😎
And now his contract (like many other QBs) is commanding such a high percentage of his team’s cap they can’t put much talent around him…..

Dad 2 M & M

Right…gotcha

So you’re saying the cowboys are in “Wentzelvania” now?
Uh…..you heard of the NFC South?

Atlanta
Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa

New Orleans won the Super

EVERY other team in the NFC South has been to the Super Bowl TWICE since Dallas last went

Atlanta and Carolina are two of the perennial bottom dwellers….

Tampa has Won it TWICE since Dallas last went

So yeah….Dallas is fill in the blank

Minnesota disney fan

Would table your hopes on that team whose fan base celebrates organised crime too….

They lost EVERY game, like 100% of games that were decided by a single score last year….if they can blow out the other team you’re in good shape….otherwise shaky…Defense (that stellar D) was so bad in the Divisional Round the NFL HAD to change Overtime rules fir the upcoming Playoffs
Um, what do you mean agbout organized crime. You lost me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Uh…..you heard of the NFC South?

Atlanta
Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa

New Orleans won the Super

EVERY other team in the NFC South has been to the Super Bowl TWICE since Dallas last went

Atlanta and Carolina are two of the perennial bottom dwellers….

Tampa has Won it TWICE since Dallas last went

So yeah….Dallas is fill in the blank
I’m originally from Pittsburgh, hoss…

And we have a saying: “the cowboys are Americas team…but they gave themselves that name”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom