NFL 2020 Offseason Discussion Thread

SteveBrickNJ

@21stamps , today on our way to Kentucky we drove past your Bengals Football Stadium. I will post a photo...View attachment 483773
Cincinnati had a bad car accident on I 75 and 3 lanes had to merge to one. The back up was horrible...but eventually we made it to Kentucky...
20200714_135324.jpg

21stamps

Cincinnati had a bad car accident on I 75 and 3 lanes had to merge to one. The back up was horrible...but eventually we made it to Kentucky...View attachment 483780

Unfortunately, this is a way too common sight on 75. There’s also construction, which doesn’t help.
Drive safely. If you’re still there, make sure to look in your rear view mirror when going up the hill.. it’s a beautiful view.. though better when coming from the opposite direction, just after the break in the hill.

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh God.

I've seen several rumors going around the internet today. I am waiting for more official information. But everything I'm hearing is that Dan Snyder is a disgusting human being.

PUSH

Original Poster
Training camp is on. Teams were sent an email with reporting dates this morning. Rookies to begin next week, and veterans to report the week after.

PUSH

Original Poster
Mark Murphy, the president of the Packers, has said he doesn't expect more than 10,000 or 12,000 fans at games this season. That still seems like a very large number of people. Especially when they all arrive and exit at the same time. Spacing might not be a problem in an 80,000 seat stadium. But everything else is. He has already said if fans attend, they will be required to wear masks.

Lilofan

Mark Murphy, the president of the Packers, has said he doesn't expect more than 10,000 or 12,000 fans at games this season. That still seems like a very large number of people. Especially when they all arrive and exit at the same time. Spacing might not be a problem in an 80,000 seat stadium. But everything else is. He has already said if fans attend, they will be required to wear masks.
If I attended a game at Lambeau in December I would be more than wearing a mask in those weather conditions.

Prince-1

With the pre-season cancelled how sure are you that the entire season won’t be scrapped? I’d say it’s looking more likely.

PUSH

Original Poster
With the pre-season cancelled how sure are you that the entire season won’t be scrapped? I’d say it’s looking more likely.
I don't think it will be scrapped. The loss of preseason games actually gets the NFLPA and the league closer to an agreement. That's been one of the biggest holdups in getting camps started. The NFLPA wanted zero preseason games, and the owners wanted two. The NFLPA wasn't budging, but now they have a large piece that they wanted.

There's too much money on the table for them to not attempt to have a season. I think we'll have one in some capacity. I can't say whether that's a full season, or an on-again-off-again season, or some players opting out. But I do think there will be one.

Prince-1

I don't think it will be scrapped. The loss of preseason games actually gets the NFLPA and the league closer to an agreement. That's been one of the biggest holdups in getting camps started. The NFLPA wanted zero preseason games, and the owners wanted two. The NFLPA wasn't budging, but now they have a large piece that they wanted.

There's too much money on the table for them to not attempt to have a season. I think we'll have one in some capacity. I can't say whether that's a full season, or an on-again-off-again season, or some players opting out. But I do think there will be one.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the season will start in some fashion and will shut down once a large amount of players start contracting the virus.

PUSH

Original Poster
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that the season will start in some fashion and will shut down once a large amount of players start contracting the virus.
As it stands right now, 95 current players have it or have had it. The report did not say how many have recovered or how many are active cases. Part of the negotiations has involved heavy testing. It sounds like players will be tested daily, and they may need multiple negative tests to even be allowed in team facilities for the first time once camp starts.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Vikings are finalizing a multi-year extension with HC Mike Zimmer.

As a Packers fan, I absolutely hate the Vikings. But I really respect Mike Zimmer. He's such a classy coach, and he always fields great defenses.

PUSH

Original Poster
The NFL and NFLPA have reached an agreement on adjustments to the CBA. Some highlights...

• No preseason games
  • Practice squads expanded from 10 to 16
  • There will be opt out options for players. Players in a high risk category will receive a $350,000 stipend and their contracts will toll. Players not under high risk category who voluntarily opt out will receive a $150,000 stipend and their contracts will toll.
  • Training camp will consist of 20 days of a ramp-up period, and a maximum of 14 padded practices.
  • The league will spread any revenue shortfall over four years, beginning in 2021.
  • The salary cap will be a minimum of $175 million in 2021.
  • The 2020 salary cap has not changed.
  • Rosters must be trimmed to 80 players (from 90 currently) by August 16th. No more than 80 players will be allowed in the building at one time.
  • If any games were to be missed, players with guaranteed money in their contracts will be paid, but that money would come later. Either next year, or in the next year that he is a free agent.
But that means football is officially back!

PUSH

Original Poster
I just created a new thread for the 2020-21 season. Feel free to transfer over to that thread since the offseason is now coming to a close. Here's the link!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom