NFL 2020 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
With the 32nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU.

Dad 2 M & M

So the schedule comes out tonight, and it has been leaked the first 4 games will be NFC/AFC games.

Quote below

The opening weeks of the schedule will feature out-of-conference games, John Clayton confirmed to Touchdown Wire’s Doug Farrar this has been a league discussion.
Clayton has heard this from multiple league sources over the last few weeks. The idea is to start with the out-of-conference games so if they need to shave the season off at the start, those games are the least important in a competitive sense.

These games ARE important as they are Common opponents and are the third tie breaker when deciding Division Championships.

The NFC South plays the AFC West this season, with the following:

Atlanta and Carolina play Oakland and Denver at Home, and are away for KC and Los Angeles Chargers
Tampa and New Orleans play the reverse, KC and Los Angeles Chargers Home with Oakland and Denver away.

They'd have to either cancel all 4 games, or schedule the games in "pairs":

Week 1 Atl/Oak, Car/Den, NO/LAC, Tampa/KC - All Home games
Week 2 Atl/KC, Car/LAC, NO/Oak, Tampa/Den - All away games
Week 3 Atl/Den, Car/Oak, NO/KC, Tampa/LAC - All Home
Week 4 Atl/LAC/, Car/ KC, NO/Den, Tampa/OAK - All Away

above is ONE scenario of Week 1-4........that way they could cancel two games at a time, vs having to cancel all 4 and STILL have a balanced Division schedule

Dad 2 M & M

And, if my previous post IS correct, AND the NFL recent scheduling holds, the first game of the season will have KC hosting Atl or Carolina, OR at Tampa or New Orleans.

My guess would be KC @ Tom Brady to open the season

PUSH

Original Poster
And, if my previous post IS correct, AND the NFL recent scheduling holds, the first game of the season will have KC hosting Atl or Carolina, OR at Tampa or New Orleans.

My guess would be KC @ Tom Brady to open the season
Looks like this rumor is false. I am hearing the Packers have an NFC North game in week 2.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just went through an NFL season, predicting the wins for every game. So these predictions will be way off, but it's fun to run through the process. Here's my results:

AFC North
1. Ravens (12-4) (1st seed)
2. Steelers (10-6) (5th seed)
3. Browns (6-10)
4. Bengals (5-11)

AFC South
1. Colts (11-5) (3rd seed)
2. Texans (9-7) (6th seed)
3. Titans (7-9)
4. Jaguars (4-12)

AFC East
1. Bills (9-7) (4th seed)
2. Jets (7-9)
3. Patriots (6-10)
4. Dolphins (4-12)

AFC West
1. Chiefs (12-4) (1st seed)
2. Raiders (9-7) (7th seed)
3. Chargers (6-10)
4. Broncos (5-11)

NFC North
1. Packers (12-4) (2nd seed)
2. Vikings (9-7) (7th seed)
3. Bears (8-8)
4. Lions (7-9)

NFC South
1. Saints (12-4) (1st seed)
2. Buccaneers (10-6) (5th seed)
3. Falcons (5-11)
4. Panthers (4-12)

NFC East
1. Cowboys (11-5) (3rd seed)
2. Eagles (8-8)
3. Giants (7-9)
4. Redskins (4-12)

NFC West
1. 49ers (11-5) (4th seed)
2. Seahawks (10-6) (6th seed)
3. Cardinals (9-7)
4. Rams (7-9)

Wild Card Playoffs
Pittsburgh @ Buffalo (PIT wins)
Houston @ Indianapolis (IND wins)
Las Vegas @ Baltimore (BAL wins)

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (TB wins)
Seattle @ Dallas (DAL wins)
Minnesota @ GB (GB wins)

Divisional Playoffs
Indianapolis @ Baltimore (IND wins)
Pittsburgh @ Kansas City (KC wins)

Dallas @ Green Bay (GB wins)
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans (NO wins)

Championship Playoffs
Indianapolis @ Kansas City (KC wins)

Green Bay @ New Orleans (NO wins)

Super Bowl
Kansas City vs New Orelans (NO wins)

Katelynbird

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Colts in the AFC South and I just don't see it. Yeah they have added an aging Philip Rivers and he is good and I suppose adding the two rookies Pittman and Taylor are good, but they are still rookies. The Texans lost Hopkins and I think that is going to hurt big time. The Titans still have the meal ticket in Henry and they will stick to that plan. Tannehill will still manage the game and it will be up to what the receivers can give. I still think the Titans by far have the best run game and I still give them the advantage in what this in my opinion is going to be a tight 3 team race.

PUSH

Original Poster
Everyone seems to be jumping on the Colts in the AFC South and I just don't see it. Yeah they have added an aging Philip Rivers and he is good and I suppose adding the two rookies Pittman and Taylor are good, but they are still rookies. The Texans lost Hopkins and I think that is going to hurt big time. The Titans still have the meal ticket in Henry and they will stick to that plan. Tannehill will still manage the game and it will be up to what the receivers can give. I still think the Titans by far have the best run game and I still give them the advantage in what this in my opinion is going to be a tight 3 team race.
I think the Colts were on the verge of being one of the best teams in the league before Andrew Luck retired. I think a good QB will be the difference maker for them. Jonathan Taylor is a stud, and I think he helps their running game a lot as a rookie.

For years I have seen the Titans as a team that just doesn't have playmakers. Henry has become one, but you need more than one. I think the Tannehill resurgence is a fluke. We've seen it before with Case Keenum and Nick Foles. One good season after backup-quality play the rest of their careers. I also know that even with Henry, a running back's career can change at any moment, especially for the big, physical pounders. Eddie Lacy was one of the best backs in the league for the first 2 or 3 years of his career, then all of a sudden hit a wall (and no, it's not because he got fat). That ground and pound game really wears on runners.

The Texans have seemingly lost a lot of good talent over the past couple seasons, but Deshaun Watson is a franchise QB, and you can never count him out.

And all of these predictions will probably look foolish in the end, and the Jaguars will probably end up winning the AFC South. Just because that's how things go.

Katelynbird

I think the Colts were on the verge of being one of the best teams in the league before Andrew Luck retired. I think a good QB will be the difference maker for them. Jonathan Taylor is a stud, and I think he helps their running game a lot as a rookie.

For years I have seen the Titans as a team that just doesn't have playmakers. Henry has become one, but you need more than one. I think the Tannehill resurgence is a fluke. We've seen it before with Case Keenum and Nick Foles. One good season after backup-quality play the rest of their careers. I also know that even with Henry, a running back's career can change at any moment, especially for the big, physical pounders. Eddie Lacy was one of the best backs in the league for the first 2 or 3 years of his career, then all of a sudden hit a wall (and no, it's not because he got fat). That ground and pound game really wears on runners.

The Texans have seemingly lost a lot of good talent over the past couple seasons, but Deshaun Watson is a franchise QB, and you can never count him out.

And all of these predictions will probably look foolish in the end, and the Jaguars will probably end up winning the AFC South. Just because that's how things go.
I don't think Tannehill is a fluke. He was in Miami and they were asking him to play a game he was not going to succeed in. In Tennessee he is a game manager and he succeeds in that. I agree they need a receiver like AJ Brown to step up even more than what he did last year and he wasn't bad last season. Henry is going to dominate. If he ran over a team like Baltimore last season who is known to stop the run he is the real deal. You are probably correct though the Jaguars will probably win the division. :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Let's try this again in the right thread!

I've seen a couple NFL.com articles where analysts list the top 5 players they've played with. I've seen Deangelo Hall and Joe Thomas do it. It got me thinking about who my top 5 players are for my team since I started being invested in the NFL.

My team is the Packers, and I would say my first year of truly being invested in the NFL was 2008, Aaron Rodgers' first year as a starter. So here are my top 5 players that have played for the Packers since then:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB
2. Charles Woodson, CB
3. David Bahktiari, OT
4. Nick Collins, S
5. Josh Sitton, G

Honorable mentions: Jordy Nelson, WR

Now who are your top 5 players from your team since you started being invested in them?

NYwdwfan

Let's try this again in the right thread!

I've seen a couple NFL.com articles where analysts list the top 5 players they've played with. I've seen Deangelo Hall and Joe Thomas do it. It got me thinking about who my top 5 players are for my team since I started being invested in the NFL.

My team is the Packers, and I would say my first year of truly being invested in the NFL was 2008, Aaron Rodgers' first year as a starter. So here are my top 5 players that have played for the Packers since then:

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB
2. Charles Woodson, CB
3. David Bahktiari, OT
4. Nick Collins, S
5. Josh Sitton, G

Honorable mentions: Jordy Nelson, WR

Now who are your top 5 players from your team since you started being invested in them?
NY Jets - started really watching football around 1980:

1. Darelle Revis, CB
2. Curtis Martin, RB
3. Mark Gastineau, DE
4. Freeman McNeil, RB
5. Wesley Walker, WR

Joe Klecko should probably be above McNeil and Walker but those two were my favorite players growing up. Walker was a wide receiver that was blind in one eye. Think of how that affects depth perception. Honorable mentions go to Wayne Chrebet WR (undrafted out of Hofstra), Kevin Mawae C, Al Toon WR and Mo Lewis LB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom