NFL 2020 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Welcome! This thread is dedicated for all 2020 offseason NFL discussions. This thread will take us through free agency, the scouting combine, the draft, OTAs, minicamp, and training camp.

Have fun and make sure to respect everybody's opinions! :)

SteveBrickNJ

I am checking out the XFL game on Fox right now. Do you think enough people will care so it will actually come back next year?
20200208_143644_HDR.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

I'm pleasantly surprised by the good turnout of fans. I still recall watching Herschel Walker on TV playing for the NJ Generals in the mid 1980s in the summer. That was fun and must have been brutal in the summer heat.
I enjoyed seeing that team play once at Giants Stadium. I also saw the Philadelphia team once as well. The Phila Stars I think was their team name?

NYwdwfan

Rivers and the Chargers parted ways. He is now a free agent. I find it interesting that the biggest offseason news is from the top 3 quarterbacks from the same draft with completely divergent paths. Rivers - cut. Roethlisberger- re-signed. Manning - retired.

PUSH

Original Poster
Rivers and the Chargers parted ways. He is now a free agent. I find it interesting that the biggest offseason news is from the top 3 quarterbacks from the same draft with completely divergent paths. Rivers - cut. Roethlisberger- re-signed. Manning - retired.
Not a free agent yet, right? He will be when the new league year starts. At least that was my assumption. I think his contract is expiring.

NYwdwfan

Not a free agent yet, right? He will be when the new league year starts. At least that was my assumption. I think his contract is expiring.
I guess technically he’s just an unsigned player at this point until free agency opens in March.

PUSH

Original Poster
I guess technically he’s just an unsigned player at this point until free agency opens in March.
I just wasn't sure if he could sign with anybody right now. My gut tells me Chicago. Not sure why. Maybe because I've seen Trubisky play?

Club Cooloholic

I don't love this. There are some years that a team rakes up more wins than another equally or more talented team just based on their schedule. The Patriots have been great, but also have benefited from having the Jets, Dolphins and Bills(finally decent) in their division, you couple that with a turn against another weak conference and it just doesn't seem fair to hand such a huge advantage to just one team.

DisneyFreak

I'm pleasantly surprised by the good turnout of fans. I still recall watching Herschel Walker on TV playing for the NJ Generals in the mid 1980s in the summer. That was fun and must have been brutal in the summer heat.
I enjoyed seeing that team play once at Giants Stadium. I also saw the Philadelphia team once as well. The Phila Stars I think was their team name?

If you guys miss the old USFL, then this is a must read. Fascinating book! I loved my Chicago Blitz until they swapped franchises with the Arizona Wranglers. Also, it was the Philadelphia Stars and then they relocated to Baltimore after the 2nd season.

1582213152410.png

PUSH

Original Poster
The NFLPA has voted to approve the new CBA. That means as early as this coming season we could see 14 playoff teams, and as early as 2021 we could have a 17-game regular season.

I'm not a fan of that.

Lilofan

The NFLPA has voted to approve the new CBA. That means as early as this coming season we could see 14 playoff teams, and as early as 2021 we could have a 17-game regular season.

I'm not a fan of that.
And the pot smoking players can rejoice! Will only get fined instead of suspended due to positive drug test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom