NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

Paper straw fan

To be fair, I’m not local to Green Bay or a team fan (I do like GB, but they’re not ‘my’ team) so I don’t see and hear everything. He’s been a great player but yeah, he could have handled some things w McCarthy better (or his family) and he’s frozen out players on offense before for seemingly personal reasons.

But even at his now advanced football age, I’d take that every day and thrice on Sunday over Jameis Winston on his absolute best behavior.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
To be fair, I’m not local to Green Bay or a team fan (I do like GB, but they’re not my team) so I don’t see and hear everything. He’s been a great player but yeah, he could have handled some things w McCarthy better (or his family) and he’s frozen out players on offense before for seemingly personal reasons.

But even at his now advanced football age, I’d take that every day and thrice on Sunday over Jameis Winston on his absolute best behavior.
I think the whole McCarthy thing comes down to both McCarthy and Rodgers being frustrated with how things were going, and I don't blame either of them. Although again, I believe it was an exaggerated story.

I do not know much about his personal life as all the reports came from his brother, Jordan, who was on the Bacherlorette at the time, so that should say a lot. But last I heard the relationships had healed. Total speculation here, but it may have had something to do with Olivia Munn when they were dating.

And as for the frozen out players thing, I have never heard anything about that. Was it wrapped up in those Greg Jennings comments? Because anything coming from Greg Jennings' mouth I take and throw away. He was not at all pleased with the Packers dumping him, and I think this is his way of getting back at the organization (after his failed attempt with the Vikings). Jennings seems to be wanting to take the Skip Bayless approach to the media world, and he's successful when he talks about Rodgers. Not about any other topic, though.

Club Cooloholic

Rodgers has been a bit much himself. I mean people play along because he’s the franchise QB, but he’s shown some serious Uber- Diva behavior himself. It just seems instead of coming out and saying what’s bugging him, he does this passive aggressive thing. The Packers organization will do what they can to downplay it of course, as teams always prefer to deal with things in-house (until they cut a guy, then there’s always a ‘leak’ about how so and so didn’t play hurt)

He’s made me a ton of money in fantasy in my life though, so I’ll still pull for him a bit.
Years ago I took him in the 3rd round when everyone waited on qbs....won me my league.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers and Raiders are playing in Winnipeg tonight, and they had some issues with the field. The goal line is actually the 10 yard line. They are playing with 80 yard fields. No kickoffs. Matt LaFleur is not having any starters play now. Very weird.

PUSH

Original Poster
Luck was booed off the field as the news broke during their preseason game. I get that. But I also understand him retiring due to mental health. Tough situation all around.

Club Cooloholic

Luck was booed off the field as the news broke during their preseason game. I get that. But I also understand him retiring due to mental health. Tough situation all around.
I think it's more a physical issue. Rehabbing his body constantly, the injuries just lingering, maybe he feels like crud and is done.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I can sorta sympathize with the Colts fans in a way, the regular season is a few weeks away and the timing couldnt be any worse. I think that if he had done this at the start of training camp, the backlash wouldnt be as severe.

PUSH

Original Poster
I understand the initial anger and frustration from Colts fans. You just saw your team go from Super Bowl contenders to quite likely out of the playoffs. But on the same hand, there was no need to send Luck out like that. I get that his career has been disappointing due to the injuries, but it's not fair to force him to stick with something that makes him mentally exhausted. I don't think he strategically planned this announcement for now. But once he's made this decision, there's no point in riding out another season if he's not fully committed to the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom