NFL 2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Gene Steratore is retiring as an NFL official. He's always been my favorite ref. Very articulate, and he explains things very well. Even the obscure rules.

PUSH

Original Poster
Kam Chancellor has announced his retirement from the NFL. He says it's due to his injury he suffered last season.

PUSH

Original Poster
Vikings OL coach and former Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano passed away unexpectedly at the age of 56.

Dad 2 M & M

Anyone ever purchased a M & S Jersey? Falcons had a special 1/2 off for PSL Owners, so I bougt a 1992 Deion Saunders Replica.....and received a "Legacy" Collection Throwback......and wasn't aware they are made in China now..... Made in China.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Tomorrow night is one of my favorite nights of the year. It's Fantasy Draft Night! And the people in my league usually take defenses and kickers too early, so I'm able to capitalize on that. Several people tend to fill out their starting lineup before drafting extra RBs and WRs.

PUSH

Original Poster
Here are my picks by round, I had the 7th pick:

1. DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
2. Leonard Fournette, JAC
3. Joe Mixon, CIN
4. Tyreek Hill, KC
5. Alex Collins, BAL
6. DeShaun Watson, HOU
7. Carlos Hyde, CLE
8. Delanie Walker, TEN
9. Pierre Garcon, SF
10. Allen Hurns, DAL
11. Jamison Crowder, WAS
12. Jamaal Williams, GB
13. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
14. Aaron Jones, GB
15. Justin Tucker, BAL
16. Titans D/ST

Pretty happy with my draft, especially my RBs.

PUSH

Original Poster
Aaron Rodgers signs a 4-year contract extension worth worth $134 million. He receives a record $57.5 million signing bonus and will receive $80 million by March.

The Packers also traded backup QB Brett Hundley to the Seahawks for a 6th round draft pick, likely making DeShone Kizer the #2 quarterback on the roster. It is also expected that the Packers will keep undrafted rookie QB Tim Boyle on the 53-man roster.

OneofThree

Aaron Rodgers signs a 4-year contract extension worth worth $134 million. He receives a record $57.5 million signing bonus and will receive $80 million by March.

The Packers also traded backup QB Brett Hundley to the Seahawks for a 6th round draft pick, likely making DeShone Kizer the #2 quarterback on the roster. It is also expected that the Packers will keep undrafted rookie QB Tim Boyle on the 53-man roster.

He's definitely earned it and I would never begrudge him getting paid but, it's also going to make it that much more difficult to surround him with the help he needs to win anither title.

PUSH

Original Poster
He's definitely earned it and I would never begrudge him getting paid but, it's also going to make it that much more difficult to surround him with the help he needs to win anither title.
His last deal was team-friendly with how the contract was structured. There were never any "spike" years like other big contracts. Just from hearing the initial details, it sounds like this will be similar. He expressed interest in getting a deal done that works for both parties. Sure, they can't be like the Seahawks from a few years ago when Wilson was on his rookie 3rd round deal, but what team has that luxury?

People say Tom Brady was taking pay cuts for the Patriots, which isn't really true. He pushed out his number to future years to relieve pressure on the cap. In doing so, the team converted it to guaranteed money. So he was still getting paid the same amount, just at different times. And instead it was then guaranteed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom