NFL 2018 Discussion Thread

SteveBrickNJ

I partially pick with who I want to see win, too. If it was a competition like a pick'em league, I would go a little more straight forward with the picks. But here it's just for fun. I really don't think about the picks too much.
That makes sense. I get your point of view/ your approach.As for me....I wanted the Eagles to win. I knew the home team Bears had the edge....so I chickened out and said nothing.

PUSH

Original Poster
That makes sense. I get your point of view/ your approach.As for me....I wanted the Eagles to win. I knew the home team Bears had the edge....so I chickened out and said nothing.
I never predict the playoffs when the Packers are in it. Because I always believe they'll win it all, and I don't want to jinx anything.

JPPT1974

Bears if they had Robbie Gould as kicker he would had made it, bet they wished they did not get rid of him. But someone on the Eagles, Hester partially blocked the kick so it is not all of Cody Parkey's fault for the Bears. But really in a sense, Eagles coach Pederson jinx it with icing him, Parkey should not had made the "practice" kick there or he would had made it and won the game.

PUSH

Original Poster
Cardinals hire Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury as their head coach.

Buccaneers hire Bruce Arians as their head coach.

PUSH

Original Poster
I’m still not sure how I feel about it.
He was one I would have been okay with for the Packers. He got a below average Dolphins roster a lot more wins that I think they should've gotten in his three years in Miami.

And speaking of coaches, I love Matt LaFleur as the Packers choice. He seems like a bright, young mind, and he's had success with RGIII, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Jared Goff.

NYwdwfan

He was one I would have been okay with for the Packers. He got a below average Dolphins roster a lot more wins that I think they should've gotten in his three years in Miami.

And speaking of coaches, I love Matt LaFleur as the Packers choice. He seems like a bright, young mind, and he's had success with RGIII, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Jared Goff.
I think I’d be skeptical about whomever they hired. (Did I get that gramatically correct?) It’s the Jets - they tend to always choose poorly.

SteveBrickNJ

Dallas Coach Jason Garrett is being criticized. Former WR Terrell Owens states that Garrett is the problem. T O tweeted about Garrett's 2-8 playoff record.
On a different subject......As a fan, you sometimes have an intuition re your favorite team.
My intuition is that the Eagles will NOT be able to beat the Saints tonight.:(
I hope I'm wrong though. :cool:

PUSH

Original Poster
The Chargers did not come out to play today. I was rooting for them to win the Super Bowl. I've always considered them to be my second favorite team for some reason.

SteveBrickNJ

How about those Eagles!?!?!? Off to a great start at 14 - 0

Moments after I post about "off to a great start" the Eagles suffer 2 defensive lineman getting injured. I'm a jinx :(
Here I am using edit to come back to this post at 8:17pm.
My thought is: "Oh well. They gave the Saints a scare. New Orleans made some good adjustments in the 2nd half. It helped a bit that the Eagles experienced some defensive injuries. I'm surprised that the Birds could not put any points on the scoreboard in the 2nd half."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom