NFL 2015 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
This thread is to talk about anything related to the NFL during the offseason. Now that the 2014 season is behind us, I thought we should move past the old thread. This thread will take us through the Scouting Combine, Free Agency Frenzy, the Draft, and minicamps. I will most likely start a thread dedicated specifically for the 2015 season around the time training camps start up.

As in the past, feel free to share who your favorite team is! Even though I know who a lot of you guys like, it's still a nice way for newcomers to gauge what kind of fans we have around here! I'm a diehard fan of the Green Bay Packers.

Kick back, relax, and enjoy the journey through the offseason! Feel free to post whatever NFL-related thoughts come to your mind!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm a Cowboys fan. If the Cowboys are not playing I'm rooting for the under dog. For the longest that was the packers. Then had to move to the Bucs during the Favre days. Shoot, I remember the Patriots way back in the day when they were horrible and had horrid uniforms. Pretty much every team I pulled for in the playoffs this year lost.

PUSH

Original Poster
And with my first news post of the new thread, I am here to report that Earl Thomas will have surgery on his shoulder, and he will be out 6 to 8 months. If it's the latter, he would miss the entire first month of the regular season.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And with my first news post of the new thread, I am here to report that Earl Thomas will have surgery on his shoulder, and he will be out 6 to 8 months. If it's the latter, he would miss the entire first month of the regular season.
He would be back in time for the month of pink awareness.

acishere

It is Sunday. I am sitting in front of my TV. I cannot find any football games on. Why are there no football games on?! WHY?! :bawling:

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
Breaking news from Packersland. Mike McCarthy has given up his play-calling duties. Offensive coordinator Tom Clements will now be associate head coach and take over the play-calling duties. WRs coach Edgar Bennett will be promoted to offensive coordinator.

I can't wrap my head around this. McCarthy is one of the best play-callers in the league. He called the plays for the number 1 scoring offense in the league this year. I have faith in Tom Clements and our offensive players, but the chemistry McCarthy and Rodgers had has been phenomenal. I get that people might be upset that McCarthy called for a conservative game in Seattle at the end, but the circumstances called for it. It's just shocking.

Lucky

"Now that we're brand-new NFL owners, what big move should we make that tells everyone what we're all about?"

"I know - let's sign Richie Incognito!"

"Yeah, brilliant!"

jw24

Brandon Bostick was cut by the Packers. I'm not that surprised to be honest. He wasn't productive at all on the stat sheet and his blunder in the NFC title game was almost certainly the coup de grace for his playing career with the Packers.

PUSH

Original Poster
Brandon Bostick was cut by the Packers. I'm not that surprised to be honest. He wasn't productive at all on the stat sheet and his blunder in the NFC title game was almost certainly the coup de grace for his playing career with the Packers.
He has a lot of potential as a big-play TE, but it became obvious this season that he wasn't going to develop much more. He was buried on the depth chart all season, even early on when a TE had yet to step up and make any kind of contribution to the team. He was a player that a lot of Packers fans saw as a raw talent with nothing but upside. He just didn't develop. I do feel bad for him, though. He's gotten a lot of backlash for that onside kick, but it wasn't just him. He is just the easiest target.

PUSH

Original Poster
In honor of President's Day, NFL Network did a revealing of the QBs they would put on Mt. Rushmore, and because I'm bored, I'll do the same.

1. Johnny Unitas - he invented what a modern day QB is today. He was the first true passer.
2. Tom Brady - he's the best QB of all-time, consistently leading very average offenses and making them top tier.
3. Joe Montana - prior to Brady's last Super Bowl, I had him as the best QB of all-time. He has led some of the best teams in NFL history, and one of the best dynasties of all-time.
4. John Elway - prior to the last Super Bowl, he held the record for most starts in the Super Bowl by a QB, and that's no coincidence. Winning the back-to-back Super Bowls to end his career are the only reason he's up here. Had he not won one of those, his legacy would not have been as great.

Honorable Mentions:
1. Brett Favre
2. Terry Bradshaw
3. Peyton Manning
4. Dan Marino

Lucky

Jay Gruden named ArgieThree as Washington's starting QB going into next season.

Because he clearly outperformed their other QBs.

Or because Gruden's bosses aren't ready to admit yet that they shouldn't have given up 4 high draft picks to take Griffin.

One of those two reasons.

PUSH

Original Poster
Jon Gruden named ArgieThree as Washington's starting QB going into next season.

Because he clearly outperformed their other QBs.

Or because Gruden's bosses aren't ready to admit yet that they shouldn't have given up 4 high draft picks to take Griffin.

One of those two reasons.
Jon Gruden is coaching for the Redskins? :confused:

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers continue their cuts of players whose promise never came to reality. ILB Brad Jones has been cut. It will save them approximately $3.75 million towards the cap this season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom