NFL 2014 Off-Season Discussion Thread

jw24

New uniforms for the Buccanneers!

1800427_10152083016301263_858159736_n.jpg

Better than Seattle and Jacksonville, still not sold on them though. The numbers look like a digital clock.

Are they trying to be the Maryland Terps of the NFL? I know Maryland's uni deal is with Under Armour but the colors and designs do look similar on the jerseys. On a side note, I just hate it when a team tries to incorporate too many colors in their uni. The Miami Marlins, for instance, why the heck there is yellow and blue when they wear orange and black for the most part?

Lee

Adventurer
I dislike the Seahawks uniforms. I'm more of a traditional uniform guy. Packers, 49ers, Bears, etc.

I think the Eagles uniforms look very outdated as they just scream 90s. The Patriots need some work, too. Along with the Titans.
Patriots just need to turn back the clock. An updated version if their classic unis would be awesome.

PUSH

Original Poster
Are they trying to be the Maryland Terps of the NFL? I know Maryland's uni deal is with Under Armour but the colors and designs do look similar on the jerseys. On a side note, I just hate it when a team tries to incorporate too many colors in their uni. The Miami Marlins, for instance, why the heck there is yellow and blue when they wear orange and black for the most part?
I don't get why they tried to bring the creamsicle color back a little bit. Another team with too many colors mixed with just a bad uniform is the Jaguars. I feel like these "futuristic" uniforms are either hit or miss, with more misses than hits.

jw24

I don't get why they tried to bring the creamsicle color back a little bit. Another team with too many colors mixed with just a bad uniform is the Jaguars. I feel like these "futuristic" uniforms are either hit or miss, with more misses than hits.

Seems all of the NFL teams from Florida have gotten a uni charge for the worst.

Lucky

Watching the MLB Network today I saw interviews of Rex Ryan, Joe Namath and Russell Wilson (in uniform at the Texas Rangers camp).

Zweiland

Better than Seattle? No, sir.
NO unis in any sport are better than Seattle.

I liked the previous red/copper Bucs uniforms better than that....thing...up there.

My Titans are certainly due for a change.
This. I don't understand why so many people hate Seattle's unis. I'm not so sure about any sport, but they're the absolute best in the NFL in my opinion.

PUSH

Original Poster
This. I don't understand why so many people hate Seattle's unis. I'm not so sure about any sport, but they're the absolute best in the NFL in my opinion.
I haven't heard of one person who dislikes Seattle's uniforms. Aside from me, obviously. I think we can all agree that they are better than these, though.

Matt+Hasselbeck+Carolina+Panthers+v+Seattle+JrGqH-XTyRAl.jpg

They were just so boring. And then there's these...

seahawks41.jpg

I do like the helmets of their current uniforms, though. Overall I'm just not a huge fan of the "futuristic" uniforms. I much prefer the traditional style.

Zweiland

I haven't heard of one person who dislikes Seattle's uniforms. Aside from me, obviously. I think we can all agree that they are better than these, though.

Matt+Hasselbeck+Carolina+Panthers+v+Seattle+JrGqH-XTyRAl.jpg

They were just so boring. And then there's these...

seahawks41.jpg

I do like the helmets of their current uniforms, though. Overall I'm just not a huge fan of the "futuristic" uniforms. I much prefer the traditional style.
That's strange, because I've actually heard quite a few people say they dislike them. I BM.

jw24

I'm ambivalent about Seattle's unis. I mean, when I saw the Seahawks new Nike's unis, I thought, "How many elements they took from Oregon Ducks football? Let me guess...A lot!" Why Oregon? Because they are most known for their wacky colorful uni combinations and Nike's HQs are in Oregon, as well. (Seattle is geographically closest to Nike HQ's out of all the NFL teams.) Therefore, people will say, "They copied Oregon" so they're unoriginal/not cool. I prefer the original Seahawks jersey personally. The Steve Largent/Ricky Watters ones.

ap00081901288.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm ambivalent about Seattle's unis. I mean, when I saw the Seahawks new Nike's unis, I thought, "How many elements they took from Oregon Ducks football? Let me guess...A lot!" Why Oregon? Because they are most known for their wacky colorful uni combinations and Nike's HQs are in Oregon, as well. (Seattle is geographically closest to Nike HQ's out of all the NFL teams.) Therefore, people will say, "They copied Oregon" so they're unoriginal/not cool. I prefer the original Seahawks jersey personally. The Steve Largent/Ricky Watters ones.

ap00081901288.jpg
I do like those ones, too. However I am not fond of the logo from that uni. And the 49ers uniform in that picture is ugly.

jw24

I do like those ones, too. However I am not fond of the logo from that uni. And the 49ers uniform in that picture is ugly.

I agree about the Hawks logo. The one they have now is more menacing. I was okay with that 49ers jersey. The early to mid 2000s was when I started getting into football. (Not gonna lie, football was an acquired sport when I was younger!) Although I'm sure purists of the Joe Montana era would disagree. I guess I know now you're not a fan of the "3D" numbers.

PUSH

Original Poster
I agree about the Hawks logo. The one they have now is more menacing. I was okay with that 49ers jersey. The early to mid 2000s was when I started getting into football. (Not gonna lie, football was an acquired sport when I was younger!) Although I'm sure purists of the Joe Montana era would disagree. I guess I know now you're not a fan of the "3D" numbers.
Don't worry, I started first getting into football around the end of Favre's career with the Packers. It was very much acquired for me too. Now I think I have better knowledge of the NFL than the average NFL fan. At least I'd like to think so.

And I prefer the "2D" numbers to the "3D" numbers. I think the 3D thing seems kind of 90s-ish and outdated. I just love something about the traditional numbers. Outlines can be nice, too, assuming they are used correctly.

Case A
patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-21-687x495.jpg

Case B
jp-losman-buffalo-bills.jpg

afar28

Late to the thread but huge giants fan here. After the debacle which was last season hoping for a return to the playoffs in the next after a solid offseason and draft

PUSH

Original Poster
View attachment 47509 Brett Favre looks like he's aged a lot recently..
I think it's just the beard. He explained why he grew it on NFL Network once, but I can't remember why. Also, he's looked 20 years older than he actually is since he turner 30ish. When he was with the Vikings he looked like he was in his 50s or 60s.

I've never seen his arms that muscular, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom