Next WDW ticket price increase: When?

I am Timmy

Now that tickets are date priced, I'm wondering when I should buy my 10 day park hopper tickets for my December trip. I usually buy a package so I don"t buy tickets separately. However, this trip I got a great RO price so now I'm looking at tickets. For December. In March. While it's strange to me, I know there are plenty of you out there that have done this and probably keep track of the time line for increases. Especially now that the opening date for GE has been released. Should I be buying them by June, or tomorrow? Looking at 3 adult tickets. AP doesn't work for us.

Club Cooloholic

Now that tickets are date priced, I'm wondering when I should buy my 10 day park hopper tickets for my December trip. I usually buy a package so I don"t buy tickets separately. However, this trip I got a great RO price so now I'm looking at tickets. For December. In March. While it's strange to me, I know there are plenty of you out there that have done this and probably keep track of the time line for increases. Especially now that the opening date for GE has been released. Should I be buying them by June, or tomorrow? Looking at 3 adult tickets. AP doesn't work for us.
Hope you got them already, not major increase but 5 bucks https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/03/12/is-disney-world-too-expensive-now.aspx

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Original Poster
Ok, so i got them trough UT - bought 3 adult 10 day PH starting Dec.10th for $1624.11. On DW website they are $1914.90 now, so thanks pjkdog for scaring me into buying them early! If you're in DW Dec. 8-24, I owe you a drink!

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Original Poster
All I did was choose the ticket I wanted, decide between date based (I know the date I wanted it to start, these are cheaper) and flexible, then put in the number of tickets I wanted (3). I paid for it, and was almost immediately sent the email with the order number. It's just one number, and when you log into MDE to link it, the all the tickets associated with that number show up. Then you pick each person to attach to each ticket, and they are linked! Not sure how it works when I show up onsite, but I already have magic bands from a trip a few months ago - I will probably just use those. I think I will need to activate them once I'm onsite, either at my resort or at a park. I will be checking more into this.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
All I did was choose the ticket I wanted, decide between date based (I know the date I wanted it to start, these are cheaper) and flexible, then put in the number of tickets I wanted (3). I paid for it, and was almost immediately sent the email with the order number. It's just one number, and when you log into MDE to link it, the all the tickets associated with that number show up. Then you pick each person to attach to each ticket, and they are linked! Not sure how it works when I show up onsite, but I already have magic bands from a trip a few months ago - I will probably just use those. I think I will need to activate them once I'm onsite, either at my resort or at a park. I will be checking more into this.
I used UT tickets last month. Didn’t have to do a thing to activate them when we arrived onsite. Tickets are automatically linked to every band in your MDE (unless you personally have deactivated a band). Nothing is “stored” on you band; the band merely points back to your MDE account where your tickets are.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Original Poster
I used UT tickets last month. Didn’t have to do a thing to activate them when we arrived onsite. Tickets are automatically linked to every band in your MDE (unless you personally have deactivated a band). Nothing is “stored” on you band; the band merely points back to your MDE account where your tickets are.
Thanks! I had my last trip in Dec. How would I know if those bands are still activated? Would my linked tickets automatically attach to them?, Sorry, never had tickets not attached to package before!

Upvote 0

anchorman314

Thanks! I had my last trip in Dec. How would I know if those bands are still activated? Would my linked tickets automatically attach to them?, Sorry, never had tickets not attached to package before!
If you log into MDE and go to the "My MagicBands and Cards" page, you'll see a list of all MagicBands and ticket media associated to each person you "manage". Next to each, you'll see a notation of "Active" or "Inactive". Assuming you didn't previously inactivate a MagicBand, everything should still be active.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom