Next Universal Park

woofboy111

Original Poster
Everyones heard rumors of a new Disneypark (in about 10 years), but what about a new park for Universal. They own all of that land, why don't they do anything with it. They already have Universal, which is their equivilant to MGM, they have Islands Of Adventure, which is their version of the Magic Kingdom, and they have Wet and Wild which is their water park. Any ideas of whats coming next????

:)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111
Everyones heard rumors of a new Disneypark (in about 10 years), but what about a new park for Universal. They own all of that land, why don't they do anything with it. They already have Universal, which is their equivilant to MGM, they have Islands Of Adventure, which is their version of the Magic Kingdom, and they have Wet and Wild which is their water park. Any ideas of whats coming next????

I dont see them doing anything soon with a new park. They need more stuff to do in the current ones now. I do love there parks. But it will be intresting to see what and if there 3rd park will be.

markymark

I wondered if they might try to do a Jurassic Park theme park. I also think that they could make a park to be even more like the MK, I personally think that there isn't THAT much for younger, smaller children at IOA.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Universal has a huge plot of land that they plan construction on it starting in 2007. It may be new hotels, a water park, or a new theme park but with the limited success of Islands of Adventure, I think they will wait.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Universal has a huge plot of land that they plan construction on it starting in 2007. It may be new hotels, a water park, or a new theme park but with the limited success of Islands of Adventure, I think they will wait.

mark is right! There isnt much to do for little kids there. Pretty much everything is a thrillride at IOA. I would do some expanison On the studios 1st then IOA make the parks a full day. Plus they need to hire somebody to redue there fireworks show there. heak I can do better then that. lol

wdwrules

i agree with jay-rod that they should update universal studios before they decide to do anything else to ioa or another park. i heard that they were going to add 2 rides to the jurassic area and then start planning a new park.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

mark is right! There isnt much to do for little kids there. Pretty much everything is a thrillride at IOA. I would do some expanison On the studios 1st then IOA make the parks a full day. Plus they need to hire somebody to redue there fireworks show there. heak I can do better then that. lol

I agree with you about the fireworks thing. At IoA, the show has to be the worst I've ever seen. 4th of July fireworks shows at local parks (I'm thinking of Red hot and boom at Cranes Roost Park...Other locals should know what I'm talking about!) do stuff better than that show. It also kind of copied Epcots show, in it's idea at least (the story is "the creation of light). I think one way to make it better would be to play the music to from the rides that they have at IoA, like they do at Universal. At least then, you would have something to relate with, even if the fireworks themselves do nothing special, and look like the same ones you could buy at a fireworks stand around 4th of July.

I'd have to say that Universals show is better than IoA, but not great, and it has some major problems. At least for this park, the music selections work with the park's theme. But, at this park, the fireworks do the sme thing over and over again, in different sequences. If you're standing in front of a barge, you could feel the ashes from the fireworks exploding on you as well, which I would consider is a bad thing!

The parks also play their fireworks with a five minute difference between them, and they are right next to each other, so you kind of get confused which fireworks are from which park, once the otherone starts up.

I'd have to say that who ever Universal has in charge of their fireworks needs to be fired, because all fireworks shows that they have ever had, have never been good. That boat stunt show that Universl used to have was bad, and their shows now are nothing special...They definily need to hire some new people, that have enough Imagination to come up with something unique for their parks shows. (lazers would be a good edition anyway!)

JAY-ROD

I agree with you about the fireworks thing. At IoA, the show has to be the worst I've ever seen. 4th of July fireworks shows at local parks (I'm thinking of Red hot and boom at Cranes Roost Park...Other locals should know what I'm talking about!) do stuff better than that show. It also kind of copied Epcots show, in it's idea at least (the story is "the creation of light). I think one way to make it better would be to play the music to from the rides that they have at IoA, like they do at Universal. At least then, you would have something to relate with, even if the fireworks themselves do nothing special, and look like the same ones you could buy at a fireworks stand around 4th of July.

I'd have to say that Universals show is better than IoA, but not great, and it has some major problems. At least for this park, the music selections work with the park's theme. But, at this park, the fireworks do the sme thing over and over again, in different sequences. If you're standing in front of a barge, you could feel the ashes from the fireworks exploding on you as well, which I would consider is a bad thing!

The parks also play their fireworks with a five minute difference between them, and they are right next to each other, so you kind of get confused which fireworks are from which park, once the otherone starts up.

I'd have to say that who ever Universal has in charge of their fireworks needs to be fired, because all fireworks shows that they have ever had, have never been good. That boat stunt show that Universl used to have was bad, and their shows now are nothing special...They definily need to hire some new people, that have enough Imagination to come up with something unique for their parks shows. (lazers would be a good edition anyway!)

I agree 100 percent!!!

JBloom1029

i kind of agree with the regular fireworks shows but I was there for the fourth of july show and it was absolutely amazing and some of the best ive ever seen.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by JBloom1029
i kind of agree with the regular fireworks shows but I was there for the fourth of july show and it was absolutely amazing and some of the best ive ever seen.

maybe they shoulddo that one everynight then! lol

MrPromey

... and they have Wet and Wild which is their water park...

How long have they owned Wet n' Wild? I wasn't aware that they had anything to do with that...

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Every ride at Islands of Adventure either scares the s*** out of you and/or gets you totally drenched, which especially great when its raining almost all the time during the summer. :mad:

woofboy111

Original Poster
Re: Re: Next Universal Park

Originally posted by MrPromey

How long have they owned Wet n' Wild? I wasn't aware that they had anything to do with that...

I think they bought it around the time when they opened IoA. I don't remember exactly though.

MrPromey

Are you sure the own it? I know they offer that special ticket thing but it also includes Seaworld (and I think Bush Gardens) which isn't owned by them... It doesn't seem like too smart of a move for them to buy that park being right there on I-drive, especially when they are trying to build up their resort base around the parks in their attempt to become the Compact car of the Disney, like resort. Having that park over there encourages them to go off property.... WnW is a rather old park anyway. I would have thought that even Universal could have done better starting from scratch....

markymark

Originally posted by MrPromey
Are you sure the own it? I know they offer that special ticket thing but it also includes Seaworld (and I think Bush Gardens) which isn't owned by them... It doesn't seem like too smart of a move for them to buy that park being right there on I-drive, especially when they are trying to build up their resort base around the parks in their attempt to become the Compact car of the Disney, like resort. Having that park over there encourages them to go off property.... WnW is a rather old park anyway. I would have thought that even Universal could have done better starting from scratch....

I am with you here! I didn't think Universal owned WnW, and it was just included in the Flex ticket thing. Also I think that WnW is bloody awful, I am sure that Universal would do a better job than that.

woofboy111

Original Poster
I thought it was kind of weird too, but I am 100% sure that Universal owns wet and wild (look on Universal's website). I know Wet and Wild is kind of a bad waterpark compared to the Disney ones, but remember that Universl didn't build it. I believe that wet and wild was once a chain that had a few different waterparks, and then they put all of them up for sale. The one in Orlando was the only park that was able to keep the Wet and Wild name, and the other ones either closed up or changed their names. If Universal was to build a new waterpark, I'd guess that it would be a lot better.

About it being on I-Drive instead of in the Universal complex...If you follow that road that runs a long side Wet and Wild (not I drive), and then runs to where universal is now the other way, it will take you to where Universal owns another big chunk of land (nothings built yet). If you think about it, when Universal starts building some more parks, hotels, ect on this land, they could built some kind of monorail going down this road and it will pass by all of their propertys, including wet and wild...at least that's what my theory is (based on facts)!

<SRH>

I think I read somewhere that Universal was going to dump some money into Wet'n'Wild and remodel it. They were going to theme it more.

MrPromey

Looks like Universal was just interested in a quick and easy way of entering into the water park business. I bet the paid a pretty penny to get Ogden Parks to sell them just that single park. I'm guessing the name won't be Wet n Wild for a lot longer on it...

woofboy111

Original Poster
I'm actually pretty sure that the deal that Universal made was that they get to keep the wet and wild name, and all of the other waterparks owned by that company would have to be changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom