Next Disney promo

b94ronman

Original Poster
Friend of mine who is a travel agent told me today that the next Disney vacation promo will be 'kids stay and play for free'.....didn't ask all the details but starts in early January.....sounds similar to the one that ran not long ago....should be announced any day. Hope she's correct....not that I think it's a great promo.....just so I don't end up posting something that doesn't happen, then again this is the rumor forum....I think free dining would be a better deal, which I already took advantage of for this coming sept/oct.......I guess it depends on the length of your stay and how many kids you have though.

b94ronman

Original Poster
Not sure on this......but most rooms are based off adults so kids are always free to stay....the cost would now be 'park admission'......which depending on how many kids you have....is where it all breaks down...I have 2....saves me about 500 bucks.....but I stay for 10 nights...free dining saves me 1500 bucks easy....there is no way the stay and play would work for me.....but maybe for some who stays a shorter amount of time, it would benefit them.....

ToTBellHop

Fourthed!

Admittedly, this has worked for MANY different vacation enterprises, though. And their current marketing campaign is certainly focusing on families and surprising your kids with a vacation, so it would certainly make sense to add to this commercial "by the way, the kids can come for free!" I would imagine each child would require a paying adult, though (or, at least each booked room would require a paying adult). Otherwise, are two parents with 6 kids going to be able to get two rooms to hold all 8 people and only have to pay for themselves? Creative parents would place 4 of these kids in one room and then get that room for free. Seems like something they'll want to avoid, so the only thing free will be, as mentioned above, park tickets.

Brian Noble

Also, remember that "kid" in Disney-speak is 9 years or younger.

This is a pretty clever promotion. It includes the word "free", so people go gaga for it. But, it's a less generous discount than "free" dining for most families, especially if they put in a reasonably large minimum stay/ticket purchase.

COProgressFan

Seems plausible..

I thought the weatherman was cutting back on discounts?

They have been spouting this lie now for well over a year. But the discounts continue in full force.

I wonder if anyone will call Iger out on this at the annual shareholder meeting (extremely doubtful). I think his goal is to tell that to the analysts and media, and then hope they don't catch on or follow up later.

And again, I love a great discount as much as the next guy, but in the long run it is not necessarily a good thing for the parks.

DisneyJoe

They have been spouting this lie now for well over a year. But the discounts continue in full force.

Discounting has continued, yes. The depth of the discounts have been decreasing.

IF this is the next discount, you are most likely looking at (my personal guess):

- a minimum 3-night stay - at full room rack rate
- 1 adult for each child
- the child must be age 3-9
- only the base ticket would be free
- so value for a 3-9 year old, with a 10-day base ticket, is $254.54, or a discount of $25.45 per day per eligible child. Even if they do a 4 day ticket, its $222.59/4 = $55.65 per day per eligible child.

NYwdwfan

Could it possibly be park tickets and kid's mealplan? I guess that would bring it to about $35 a day per kid...definitely not a money saver.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I wonder if anyone will call Iger out on this at the annual shareholder meeting (extremely doubtful). I think his goal is to tell that to the analysts and media, and then hope they don't catch on or follow up later.

And again, I love a great discount as much as the next guy, but in the long run it is not necessarily a good thing for the parks.
Actually they haven't. Sure there have been plenty of promotions running but they have been riddled with blackout dates and little to no availability at the more popular resorts. For the first time I had 2 separate clients traveling at rack rates simply because the resort they wanted was not open for any promotions during their travel dates.

DisneyJoe

Actually they haven't. Sure there have been plenty of promotions running but they have been riddled with blackout dates and little to no availability at the more popular resorts. For the first time I had 2 separate clients traveling at rack rates simply because the resort they wanted was not open for any promotions during their travel dates.

Agreed. I just booked 4 rooms, 9 adults and 3 kids, in May at Port Orleans Riverside with no discounts due to blackout dates on the current offers.

Even if this rumored new promotion applies to them, it would only benefit 2 of the 3 kids, assuming it only applies to ages 3-9.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom