djronnieb

Original Poster
So I went to MGM and also took the DVC tour and here's what i have to report:

MGM:
-Muppet fountain still has a wall around it saying, "something new coming soon"

-Attendence was pretty light

-No other work seen

DVC, monorail and other park updates:

I took the DVC tour because I am interested in becoming a member and I was waiting for the bus to take us from MGM to the DVC property and while waiting I was talking to the manager and first of all I asked him out of the blue what was up with the monorail, he flat out told me they looked into expanding it about 3-4 years ago, but the cost would have been well over $100 million just to expand it to MGM alone and they wanted to connect all the parks including downtown disney and the resorts. And they have no plans to expand it, because it would take way too long for them to recover the cost of building it. Next I asked him what was coming to MGM, if anything and he mentioned the million years of dreams, which we all know about. The other thing he said was that MGM would not be getting anything major as far as he knew, besides WWTBAMPI being replaced by a "buzz light year type ride" sometime in 2007. And he also said their major focus for MGM is "plusing" the current rides, including a complete referb of GMR, which would include all new effects and added scences sometime in 2007 or 2008. He then said that MK would be receiving a musical show sometime next year, but provided no further info on that. He also said that over the next few years there will be nothing major built in any of the parks besides "plusing" and "major referbs" of most the attractions and about 5-6 small new attractions being added over the next 2-3 years.

Once we got to the DVC and the sales guy finished telling us everything, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if AKL would be receiving a DVC and he said yes and also there are plans to build 3 new DVC around the property in the very near future. That's all I could get from him.

I think I've covered everything, please ask any questions I'll try to answer them.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ImagineerAndy

What the heck is WWTBAMPI?
Nothing against you my friend, but this guy sounds 'pretty informed', did you look down at your leg, to see if it was being grabbed, or pulled?

ImagineerAndy

Ah, yes of course, millionaire!
However, I don't think that this Buzz Lightyear ride is going into MGM, it's too similar to Buzz's Space Ranger Spin over at MK. I've heard all the news about this Midway Mania, but it's more to do with this new technology about shining a light and it reacting with the 3D image. I believe its going to be Muppet Themed however, but most likely Pixar as it's a big push at the moment.
Hmmmmmm...ponder ponder

MickeyTigg

So I went to MGM and also took the DVC tour and here's what i have to report:

MGM:
-Muppet fountain still has a wall around it saying, "something new coming soon"

-Attendence was pretty light

-No other work seen

DVC, monorail and other park updates:

I took the DVC tour because I am interested in becoming a member and I was waiting for the bus to take us from MGM to the DVC property and while waiting I was talking to the manager and first of all I asked him out of the blue what was up with the monorail, he flat out told me they looked into expanding it about 3-4 years ago, but the cost would have been well over $100 million just to expand it to MGM alone and they wanted to connect all the parks including downtown disney and the resorts. And they have no plans to expand it, because it would take way too long for them to recover the cost of building it. Next I asked him what was coming to MGM, if anything and he mentioned the million years of dreams, which we all know about. The other thing he said was that MGM would not be getting anything major as far as he knew, besides WWTBAMPI being replaced by a "buzz light year type ride" sometime in 2007. And he also said their major focus for MGM is "plusing" the current rides, including a complete referb of GMR, which would include all new effects and added scences sometime in 2007 or 2008. He then said that MK would be receiving a musical show sometime next year, but provided no further info on that. He also said that over the next few years there will be nothing major built in any of the parks besides "plusing" and "major referbs" of most the attractions and about 5-6 small new attractions being added over the next 2-3 years.

Once we got to the DVC and the sales guy finished telling us everything, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if AKL would be receiving a DVC and he said yes and also there are plans to build 3 new DVC around the property in the very near future. That's all I could get from him.

I think I've covered everything, please ask any questions I'll try to answer them.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

To tell you the truth....there isn't much in what he told you that we couldn't have gotten with a good seach these boards.

manutdfan1

If all this is true im excited and disapointed. I was hoping we would be getting another major ride soon. but im also excited about the "5-6 small rides" because hopefully there going to animal kingdom and mgm. Because i personally think they need 5-6 small rides. The musical going to MGM is a really good thing and it will most likely be alladin. That will be good because i think mgm needs some good and better shows and from what i heard alladin is really good. The DVC resorts will be good but i personally wish they would build that venitian resort. And hopefully that confirms the new ride going to where wwtbam was at. Also the plussing of the rides is something ive really wanted them to do. Maybe that will include star tours as well, i really want that to get updated. Thanks for the info!!!!

mhead

Ah, yes of course, millionaire!
However, I don't think that this Buzz Lightyear ride is going into MGM, it's too similar to Buzz's Space Ranger Spin over at MK. I've heard all the news about this Midway Mania, but it's more to do with this new technology about shining a light and it reacting with the 3D image. I believe its going to be Muppet Themed however, but most likely Pixar as it's a big push at the moment.
Hmmmmmm...ponder ponder

The OP does not say it is a Buzz Lightyear ride it says it is a Buzz Lightyear TYPE of ride.

bhg469

The DVC resorts will be good but i personally wish they would build that venitian resort.

Im a little upset by the news about adding all these DVC resorts. It really seems like disney is slowly forgetting about the people who can only go once every other year. We usually stay at a moderate but the choices are slim.

LudwigVonDrake

The OP does not say it is a Buzz Lightyear ride it says it is a Buzz Lightyear TYPE of ride.

Plus who says they can't have more than one "Buzz Lightyear Type" ride? In the MK alone, they have three "Dumbo style" rides (including Dumbo) and one in the AK :)

MickeyTigg

Im a little upset by the news about adding all these DVC resorts. It really seems like disney is slowly forgetting about the people who can only go once every other year. We usually stay at a moderate but the choices are slim.

You're kidding....budget resorts have at least 7000 rooms and don't moderates have about 5000 rooms if not more?

Though I do question how many resorts they need....personally, I think they have 1 too many.

Unplugged

I wouldn't be concerned if I were you. Being a DVC member, as my family goes every year, we now stay exclusively at DVC resorts. This ensures the space is available in the moderate resorts (which we used to stay at). Since the DVC additions are new rooms added and most DVC buyers are repeat customers, my thoughts should be fairly accurate.

So, Disney hasn't forgotten about all of you in the traditional resorts, they are simply expanding space for those of us looking to "plus" our stays. I think you're vacations are plenty safe. :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wouldn't be concerned if I were you. Being a DVC member, as my family goes every year, we now stay exclusively at DVC resorts. This ensures the space is available in the moderate resorts (which we used to stay at). Since the DVC additions are new rooms added and most DVC buyers are repeat customers, my thoughts should be fairly accurate.

So, Disney hasn't forgotten about all of you in the traditional resorts, they are simply expanding space for those of us looking to "plus" our stays. I think you're vacations are plenty safe. :wave:

As a DVC owner, I totally agree.

darthjohnny

Interesting news, but a lot of times, cast members rarely know what they are talking about. They mostly get info the same way we do, through rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom