Newly single, need advice

meekoman

Planning on a trip in October or November, but, will be going as a newly single guy. I've been to WDW over 35 times, but, I'm feeling kind of intimidated by going alone. I guess I could use some advice from folks who have gone as a single person for the first time.

meekoman

Original Poster
I'm single and have gone solo several times! I love it! I can do what I want when I want. I also do the family style ADR's like Teppan Edo or Biergarten so you are sitting with other people and can hold conversations with people other than yourself (lol) I talk to people on the buses, in line....at shows or wherever. Made tons of "friends" at the CLP.

Nobody judges. I do however get the occasional odd look when standing in line for pictures with the characters :D I don't care. I pay my money and go to have a blast just like everyone else and photos are part of the deal! :p
I've never had an issue getting photos with the characters. Fav thing to do.

Upvote 0

meekoman

Original Poster
Stay single. Enjoy single. Live for the rest of us. Let independent Meekoman run free.
Yes, it will be different. It will take some getting used to, but, I won't be restricted by anyone being too tired to get up early for park opening, or staying until park closure this time. Thank you for the kind words.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Christmas decorations give you yet another thing to do. I could spend a day resort hopping looking at all the decorations. I don't think you would be bord going solo. I would love the chance to go without my family but I don't think they would allow that. :)

Upvote 0

HollyAD

I have seen lots of singles around WDW. Have fun and be inviting. Don't be afraid to talk to others around you. I actually enjoy talking to strangers even when I am with my family. You never know who you will meet. If you are worried about eating alone, find a spot with bar seating. My husband went to Kiminos alone and sat at the Sushi bar. He said it was very good and fast too. It's also cheaper when you are paying for one! When my family goes off to do something without me, I enjoy exploring. I love to explore the different resorts and do a little research. Sounds d I know, but I have discovered things I never knew about. I wouldn't normally take the time to walk around and go resort hop if i wasn't alone.

Upvote 0

Shellieb1

Planning on a trip in October or November, but, will be going as a newly single guy. I've been to WDW over 35 times, but, I'm feeling kind of intimidated by going alone. I guess I could use some advice from folks who have gone as a single person for the first time.
I love going as a single person and have gone 5 times to the World by myself. I find it very relaxing to be able to do what I want, when I want and how I want. I get to stroll through the Parks and take my time without someone telling me what to do or when to do it. If I want to eat at 8pm I can or have a drink at noon I can. I love it. I usually stay at PO Riverside as this way when I get back from the Parks I can go to Downtown and hang out until the early hours. I find that most Castmemembers seem to be more willing it talk longer to one person to and I have had many an enjoyable discussion with them. Getting on rides is great as I usually tell the CM on duty that I would like the best seat on a ride and I will usually get it 99% of the time. Dining is fun to so don't be afraid of it. They do have a tendancy to put single people in bad spots though like behind a post etc so if that happens to you when they show you the table just tell the CM and they will get you a better one although you might have to wait a few minutes. I envy you and can't wait until I go on my next solo tour of the World. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

I'm (very) single & I've gone solo a BUNCH of times - love it!! You can do whatever you want, whenever you want. I'm not one to strike up conversations with strangers, but I found myself doing it a lot when I was on solo trips. Also try Dine with an Imagineer (if you haven't done it already - SO much fun!)

Have fun ;)

Edit - I'll be there with my girlfriends 10/14-10-23

Upvote 0

FettFan

WDWRadio podcast addressed this issue. Lots of places for interaction, mostly restaurants. For instance, if you have lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe, just ask to sit at the bar. You can interact with fellow-guests, swap stories and such, and it won't be as big of a drag. :)

Upvote 0

Redsky89

I go allot single. Its has its advantages and disadvantages of course. I say use the time alone to really take your time and observe whats around you. When I used to go with my ex girl or when I go with friends I tended to be talking or distracted walking from point A to point B. Going alone gives you a chance to really take in whats around you.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I go solo all the time and just love it -- you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, in any order you want, as many times (or none) as you want. Its like the ultimate vacation -- you have to compromise with absolutely nobody. I LOVE going by myself.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

I go solo all the time and just love it -- you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, in any order you want, as many times (or none) as you want. Its like the ultimate vacation -- you have to compromise with absolutely nobody. I LOVE going by myself.
Absolutely!! I just went solo for the first time a few weeks ago. I was only solo for 2 nights but ditto to everything you said!! I loved it!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok...I have no issues with a single trip to WDW...but, I really don't see it as a place to "meet and greet" for a mate...

Maybe back in they heyday of Pleasure Island which drew in locals to thin out the crowd, but frankly, I wouldn't even attempt to approach a woman at Disney.

Why?

1) They are probably attached to someone else
2) If not, they are the adult child of someone else and there with their parents who probably would frown on the activities involved.
3) If 1 or 2 doesn't apply, they are probably part of a "girls trip" (with squeals and giggles and all), which...no offense ladies...generally involves a "besties / bff" thing that won't go over well if a man attempts to invade upon during the trip. It just won't end up going over well.
4) If 1 - 3 don't apply, then she's most likely a single mother there with her kids. Nothing wrong with being attracted to, hitting on, or dating a single mother, but on a trip like that? Yeah...not kosher. She needs to be focused on her kids. If she wants to act single and mingle, then she should have left the kids with the grandparents and gone to Vegas.
5) Yeap, if it's not one of these things, then she's a CM or a local. And, since the venues have been limited significantly, I doubt she is either. But, if you do find this, then bully for you! Go for it!

I, myself, would avoid the questionnaire and either go yourself and enjoy yourself (which, I would very easily enjoy a single trip at WDW to do what I want, when I want), or try a different venue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok...I have no issues with a single trip to WDW...but, I really don't see it as a place to "meet and greet" for a mate...

Maybe back in they heyday of Pleasure Island which drew in locals to thin out the crowd, but frankly, I wouldn't even attempt to approach a woman at Disney.

Why?

1) They are probably attached to someone else
2) If not, they are the adult child of someone else and there with their parents who probably would frown on the activities involved.
3) If 1 or 2 doesn't apply, they are probably part of a "girls trip" (with squeals and giggles and all), which...no offense ladies...generally involves a "besties / bff" thing that won't go over well if a man attempts to invade upon during the trip. It just won't end up going over well.
4) If 1 - 3 don't apply, then she's most likely a single mother there with her kids. Nothing wrong with being attracted to, hitting on, or dating a single mother, but on a trip like that? Yeah...not kosher. She needs to be focused on her kids. If she wants to act single and mingle, then she should have left the kids with the grandparents and gone to Vegas.
5) Yeap, if it's not one of these things, then she's a CM or a local. And, since the venues have been limited significantly, I doubt she is either. But, if you do find this, then bully for you! Go for it!

I, myself, would avoid the questionnaire and either go yourself and enjoy yourself (which, I would very easily enjoy a single trip at WDW to do what I want, when I want), or try a different venue.

I do not fall into any of those categories! o_O

Upvote 0
I'll be there May 2-8 if anyone's there those dates. Staying at AKL, running the Everest Challenge the 3rd than park hopping rest of those days :)

I'll be there 5/3 - 5/6.
Doing Epcot on the 3rd, drinking around the world with a group of people.
Epcot on the 4th during the afternoon, and evening EMH at MK.
DHS on the 5th (afternoon/evening).
Not sure about the 6th, either AK or resort hopping.

The more the merrier, always interested in meeting new people. Let me know if you're interested in joining us/me for anything. I think there are others here who will be there during the same/similar dates.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom