Newly developed Disney tech! With video!

Ignohippo

Pretty cool but I don't see any theme park applications.

Too bad, Steve Jobs has passed. With him still at Apple, I could see Apple and Disney working together with this tech to build some great things.

Looks to me like something Disney would license out. Since they don't create gaming devices, consumer electronics, furniture, etc. I really don't see how Dis would use this.

Philo

Very cool.

I think there are applications in the parks though. We're talking years away but wouldn't it be great if the ride knew if you we're gripping on to the harness / lap bars tight or had your hands in the air? In a Poohs Honey Hunt style ride they could customise what you see on screens or how fast the ride spins?

What if the rooms in the hotels used this on the taps or for the TV?

Lot's of options for interactive games in queues too!

pilka214

Original Poster
We know that the idea of implementing RFID for a more individualized experience is being tested and used in parks. Simple gesture technology such as this, working through a smartphone or other device, would allow countless interactive features to be incorporated into every aspect of the park going experience. Attractions no longer are just about sitting and enjoying a story but truthfully living within a story..

I think it opens up some absolutely fascinating possibilities within the next generation of attractions!

Getting your own Avatar on pandora anyone??

bhg469

Pretty cool but I don't see any theme park applications.

Too bad, Steve Jobs has passed. With him still at Apple, I could see Apple and Disney working together with this tech to build some great things.

Looks to me like something Disney would license out. Since they don't create gaming devices, consumer electronics, furniture, etc. I really don't see how Dis would use this.

Steve jobs wasn't an inventor so his passing, though sad will have no impact on in park technology. If apple does come up with anything it will be for sale in a store before Disney can use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom