Newest Disney Vacation Club resort announces expansion

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the geek labs

Disney Vacation Club leaders announced during Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa's opening ceremony on May 27 that the resort will expand by another 276 units.

The first phase of the resort already is three-quarters sold out, and construction crews currently are building the second phase. The third phase of 276 units will be available in 2007 and will increase the resort room count to a total of 828 accommodations.

"The Guest response to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa has been so overwhelming, we have decided to add a third phase of development to the resort," said Walt Disney World Resort President Al Weiss. "Guests increasingly want opportunities for ownership in our unique vacation experiences, and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is our latest entry in this exciting new market. We bring together unparalleled Guest service, outstanding attractions and accommodations second to none to create an experience that is perfect for every member of the family. Our member families have made a long-term commitment to Disney, and their dedication is a testament to the enduring appeal of the Disney brand to all generations."

BeachClubVillas

Originally posted by tigsmom
Thats a good thing, right? :lol: Its nice to see that things are picking up though of all of the DVC offerings I think I like this one the least. (based upon reading, picture, etc. Things may change when I see it in person next month.)
I wish we had gotten into the DVC when we had the extra $.

I agree with you tigsmom, I think I like this one the least too. I'm glad we bought into it at the Beach Club. I'm sure Saratoga is going to be amazing when they finish it, but from the pictures I've seen now, it still looks like a construction site! It's good to hear the DVC is getting more and more popular though!

PhilharMagician

This doesn't sound all that good to me. Saratoga Springs was suppose to be the largest of the DVC resorts when phase 2 was completed. Now they want to add another 1/3rd more accommodations to this resort.

What is the transportation infrastructure going to be like?

Is there going to be overcrowding at the main pool. It happens at the Beach/Yacht?

How am I going to be able to get my Downtown Disney view room with so many other members?:rolleyes: :lol:

It is good that all of these rooms are needed. With this and the Pop Century expansion underway, means that Disney will hopefully even step it up more to provide us with new and updated attractions in the near future.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom