Newbies to Orlando Choose These Parks...

luv

I'm very surprised. Most people who've never been to Orlando want to see the castle. They might not know that Disney and Uni are different tickets or that Disney has four parks and Uni has two...but most want to see the castle.

They'll have fun, though. :)

Bairstow

I'm very surprised. Most people who've never been to Orlando want to see the castle.

Don't worry. They will.

hogwarts-castle-appr.JPG

Walt Disney1955

As much as I love Universal and all it has to offer, I have to say that regardless of what age I've been since going to a Disney park (and that's from 10 to 32) I've always felt Disney was the better experience overall. Had a better feel, had more memorable rides. I thought this at 16 even. Even at that age I liked Disney better.

Fable McCloud

See, now, my parents are not die-hard Disney, and our first trip was when I was 22. I had a blast, to the point that for my 25th birthday I treated myself to a trip. I'm 28 now, and I could spend all my time at MK. I love all the parks, and have never been to Universal. I did have some interest, as I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and so is my boyfriend, but if I'm going to Orlando, you can bet I'm going to Disney. I know what to expect, how I'll be treated and know how things work there. It's like coming home.

Walt Disney1955

It is a little strange for people to snub one park and not the other especially if you've never been there. If you have 4-5 days then I can see, you might want to hang around Disney. But if you go and have 10 days or a couple weeks, yeah, you don't want to miss Universal either. They are different but still memorable in their own way, each park.

HannaBanana

Each to their own in the end but I am surprised out of the Disney Parks they don't choose DHS over the others or even if you could Busch Gardens.

KCheatle

I think you have to hit up MK when the kids are young to build that attachment. We didn't stray from Disney property when I was little. Once we grew a little older, Disney became more of our home base as we ventured off to Seaworld, US, the ocean, etc. We always connected with Disney, though, because it was where we started. I think the same thing is starting to happen with my family as this next vacation we are planning to leave property (gasp!) to go to US/IOA and possibly Seaworld. But, we'll stay in a Disney resort the whole trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom