New York to Canada cruise, visa/eta requirements

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Evening all

I will be taking a cruise from New York to Canada. I am a British citizen and have the ESTA for US entry. It seems Canada have a similar thing called eTA, but this is only needed for arriving by air. So just wanted to check that arriving by boat there is no need for this, and just a normal British passport will get entry to Canada for the day ?

Also, do you have to go through passport and immigration questions when disembarking, or is this sorted out before boarding in NYC? (in the past I have flown from Canada into USA and the US immigration was done before departure so I wondered if there was a reciprocal arrangement)

Cheers
TT

ChuckElias

Hi Techie,

I urge you to check with Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO), which is a division of the Home Office. It's highly unlikely that a US citizen, even a trained US travel agent, would know the answer to your question.

My own experience as a US citizen is that passengers must pass through Customs when disembarking. I don't know if there are additional "passport and immigration questions" for non-US citizens.

I'm sorry that I can't provide more of an answer to your question. But I really feel that your best bet is to contact HMPO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom