New Years Trip....what to do?

adr315

I will be going to WDW Dec 30 to Jan 3, and i was wondering, what park should i go to? I can only go to ONE park. The problem is that my family are DVC members, but dont go to parks very often. I am pretty much indecise between MK and MGM (i went to Epcot last year, and Animal Kingdom the year before). I havent been to MK or MGM in 4 years (i havent been on Rock N Rollercoaster yet) and will be going to MK next year for grad night, plus "one man's dream" , Fantasmic, and Millionaire interest me.....should i stick with MGM or go to MK? any help appreciated , thanks

PS: what new years eve events happen at the parks?

Maria

I´m not sure of the events fro NYE, but if you have been to Epcot and haven´t been on RnRC, Fantasmic, and ToT....then you have to go to the Studios!!!! Plus, it´s the center of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration! Stick to the Studios and Happy New Year! :)

Upvote 0

adr315

Original Poster
thanks

Thanks Maria....luckily, im not THAT outdated, seeing as ive been on TOT dozens of times. Im leaning towards MGM, and will probably end up going there. Any more help would be appreciated. peace

Upvote 0

Scooter

If you only go to ONE park this year then Disney Studios is definitely the one to be at. Because of Disney's Birthday it in the center of attention of all the parks this year.

I have never been that crazy about Disney/MGM Studios in the past, but when I went last October, because of the celebrations going on it was wonderful!. :animwink:

The One Mans Dream is a must see exibit. Just to go there and see Walts desk where he drew his cartoons and his office furniture and other personal items was magical. It gave me goosebumps.

And while some may find the giant Sorcerers Apprentice hat a little obnoxious, it's awe inspiring if for no other reason than it's size. It's a great photo op spot as well.

You just HAVE to do the RocknRoller Coaster!! It's one of, if not THE best ride in the World... and when you get off the ride...stop and look behind you at the faces of the people getting off the ride. They all have this excited and glad to still be alive look.:eek:

Upvote 0

Tapestry2000

I agree - go on the Rock n Roller Coaster! it's awesome!

I spent new Years Eve 1999 in the Magic Kingdom and it was wonderful, but I'm sure the MGM events are just as good as the ones in the MK, if not better :) Have fun!

Upvote 0

Tapestry2000

Oh yeah - make sure you get to whichever park you go to EARLY! I can't stress that enough, lol! You have to get there early otherwise the parking lots will fill up. If you're staying on the property, then that shouldn't be a problem ;)

One final thing - GO SEE FANTASMIC! :D

Upvote 0

dizpins14

Magic Kingdom and MGM will be packed but Magic Kingdom more so. The only thing that has been added to MK is the Aladdin ride and compared to Millionaire, Fantasmic, and Rock N' Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith you couldn't pay me to go to MK for that one ride. There is not much to see with regardes to Walt's birthday celebration but what are you going to do.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I think MGM will seem more packed. While actual attendance will be lower (they all will fill to capacity), it's a much smaller park, so plan on it being packed WHEREVER you go...except Animal Kingdom b/c they...don't have anything...which is kinda a downer, cuz everyone liked the night safaris...in terms of rides, MGM is my favorite...and you get to see Sorcery in the Sky...granted Reflections of Earth is better,you can see that any night:)...Not often they play Sorcery in the Sky. MGM is the place to be!
Kyle

Upvote 0

General Grizz

Originally posted by adr315
I will be going to WDW Dec 30 to Jan 3, and i was wondering, what park should i go to? I can only go to ONE park. The problem is that my family are DVC members, but dont go to parks very often. I am pretty much indecise between MK and MGM (i went to Epcot last year, and Animal Kingdom the year before). I havent been to MK or MGM in 4 years (i havent been on Rock N Rollercoaster yet) and will be going to MK next year for grad night, plus "one man's dream" , Fantasmic, and Millionaire interest me.....should i stick with MGM or go to MK? any help appreciated , thanks

PS: what new years eve events happen at the parks?

Well, I know the most is going on at Pleasure Island...

BUT...

If you're at the Magic Kingdom, visit the Carousel of Progress. No, it will be CLOSED at the time, but after 4:00, they will be handing out noise-makers, hats, and other goodies. Ride your favorite attraction and at 12:00, start making noise!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom