New Year's Eve Announcement?

JustInTime

Not sure how many other boards you read, but check some out... Some people actually WERE thinking Disney was announcing a new ride, details about Avatar, additional plans for Fantasyland, a new theme park... The list goes on... And when someone tried to post that the announcement was exactly what we got, they were largely ignored... So again, the online Disney fanboy is their own worst enemy...

That is exactly what I am saying. It's the community's fault. We had the answers right in front of us. I still can't stop laughing. :ROFLOL:

disney fan 13

Not sure how many other boards you read, but check some out... Some people actually WERE thinking Disney was announcing a new ride, details about Avatar, additional plans for Fantasyland, a new theme park... The list goes on... And when someone tried to post that the announcement was exactly what we got, they were largely ignored... So again, the online Disney fanboy is their own worst enemy...

who wants to bet how many people are popping themselves right now in the head

ChristianG

Why would Disney announce a fifth theme park on a commercial? Seems like something they would announce themselves..
People need to stop getting their hopes up, because honestly, Disney's Marketing team is a complete failure with announcements... people should have gotten that by now...

Captain Chaos

That is exactly what I am saying. It's the community's fault. We had the answers right in front of us. I still can't stop laughing. :ROFLOL:

See, we managed to wind up on the same page... Just took a few zig zags to get there LOL... And what you said falls into the category of DISNEY ONLINE FANBOY, er, COMMUNITY ARE THEIR OWN WORST ENEMY...

Captain Chaos

I don't think it was. I think it set the tone for they type of expo D23 is supposed to be.

Once again, fan's fault. Not Disney's. It was a good expo.

I'll say why feel it was a fail as I cannot speak for everyone else... I watched online as Lou Mongello streamed the Parks announcement presentation... Staggs is boring... He presented NOTHING of substance... He rehashed everything already known about the stateside parks... He was monotone... And despite concept art about DLS, the presentation was boring and just fell flat... In fairness, Disney did seem to hit a grand slam during their Movie Studio presentation... I'm trying to be fair and balanced...

The original D23 gave up major announcements (Ok so the online community already knew about them via leaks) but still... We got some good hype... Disney seemed to be setting up D23 as a major convention on the same level as ComicCon or the video game conventions (forgive me, I forget the name of it, I know G4 broadcasts live from there, mind isn't on full working mode after a late night and I'm too lazy to look it up right now LOL)... They should try to improve on the first D23 and make the second one better... And while they seemed to have done that in MOST areas, again, the parks presentation fell flat... The presentation just felt as if there was no life or excitement to it... I really felt like Staggs didn't want to be there... Joe Rhode or Rodhe however you spell it, was the only speaker who had life to his presentation and he wasn't even there live... That's why I felt it fell flat and was a fail, not because we didn't get any major announcements...

Many of us felt the presentation was a disaster... Go read the D23 thread... many of us were hoping, after the outpouring of complaints about the disaster that was the parks presentation, that Disney would learn something about its fans... After last night, they haven't...

alissafalco

"Purchase a non-discounted 3-night, 3-day Magic Your Way package at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights February 26 to March 10, 2012 and get One More Disney Day and night for free. Book through January 31, 2012."

wah wah....wow Disney you give people only 2 weeks to take advantage of this lame promotion? 1 Day free on a non disounted package? That isn't good at all!! You were just running 35% off the room special which is a 1000x better savings!! and for 24 hours leap year, how many people are really going to take advantage of that? Not families thats for sure. Singles is about it. wah wah wah...

MickeyPeace

What a huge opportunity completely wasted. At the very, very least, the ads should've highlighted the opening of Circusland here at WDW.

Seriously, how cool would it have been for them to have the official opening of Circusland (or at least the half that's opening now) on February 29th? Why not use the advertising time to promote the Leap Year event as well as the new(ish) attractions that are opening around the same time?

To use a nationally televised live broadcast event for a one-day promotion is absolute insanity. There's an enormous amount of expansion opening this year at both MK and DCA. For them to have squandered such an amazing advertising opportunity on NYE to promote one day makes absolutely no sense. People should be getting pink slips tomorrow.

And then everyone here would be complaining that they announced stuff that we already know. Someone is always going to complain.

I like the promotion.

liloohana

We have had our trip for March planned for months. We planned our annual pass and trips this year to conincide with the ESPN weekend-and then Disney cancelled it!! I think this 24 hours is a way for Disney to generate business and recover some of the business they are losing by cancelling the ESPN weekend!!
It'll be fun to be in the MK all night!! It would be cooler if they could bring more villians and characters out to make if feel like Kingdom Keepers!!

asianway

The marketing and broadcast presentation was abysmal.

I'm trying to figure out what the message of that parade is supposed to be. By moving to the big name acts where they used to
Showcase performances by WDW entertainment of things that actually happen at the resort, it's sure not a commercial-which is what it used to be

bullsforthewin

I'll say why feel it was a fail as I cannot speak for everyone else... I watched online as Lou Mongello streamed the Parks announcement presentation... Staggs is boring... He presented NOTHING of substance... He rehashed everything already known about the stateside parks... He was monotone... And despite concept art about DLS, the presentation was boring and just fell flat... In fairness, Disney did seem to hit a grand slam during their Movie Studio presentation... I'm trying to be fair and balanced...

The original D23 gave up major announcements (Ok so the online community already knew about them via leaks) but still... We got some good hype... Disney seemed to be setting up D23 as a major convention on the same level as ComicCon or the video game conventions (forgive me, I forget the name of it, I know G4 broadcasts live from there, mind isn't on full working mode after a late night and I'm too lazy to look it up right now LOL)... They should try to improve on the first D23 and make the second one better... And while they seemed to have done that in MOST areas, again, the parks presentation fell flat... The presentation just felt as if there was no life or excitement to it... I really felt like Staggs didn't want to be there... Joe Rhode or Rodhe however you spell it, was the only speaker who had life to his presentation and he wasn't even there live... That's why I felt it fell flat and was a fail, not because we didn't get any major announcements...

Many of us felt the presentation was a disaster... Go read the D23 thread... many of us were hoping, after the outpouring of complaints about the disaster that was the parks presentation, that Disney would learn something about its fans... After last night, they haven't...

20 people online does not equal many. The Marvel Presentation alone was epic

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It seems to me that the vast majority here believe they only announced one thing last night, that MK/DL will be open 24 hours 6AM 29 Feb - 6AM 1 Mar. A small number more noticed that they also announced the package deal that covers a two week period around the first.

Very few seem to have noticed the actual biggest of the three announcements IMO, the sweepstakes for a daily draw for a 5-day/4-night vacation for 60 days, the last of which will allow each of your daily entries up to that point to go into the "Grand Prize" last draw.

The first two are at best throw-away promos that cost next to nothing and are more of a "cute" thing than a legitimate promo. But the sweepstakes is a pretty good idea in my view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom