New Year's Eve Announcement?

BelleofDE

My prediction:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion is going into Disney Hollywood Studios with Hogwart's Express running between Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World! ;)

That would be the only way to get me to go to Universal before my child is a teenager. Even with Harry Potter I don't feel like Universal has much to offer the under 10 crowd. And HP even proves my point because you go to Hogwarts when you're 11!

devoy1701

The year of a Million Price Increases

They should have just called it "More Magic" at the rate they go...Year of a Million Dreams ran for over 2 years... but then again it seems like "Let the Memories Begin" ran for a short time. Maybe they're going to start coming up with a new marketing scheme every month. :shrug:

cbconglom

You peoples are sillies.
New parade
Test track improvements
Sorcerer's of the magic kingdom
Other nextgen stuff
And fantasyland stuff

DonaldDoleWhip

You peoples are sillies.
New parade
Test track improvements
Sorcerer's of the magic kingdom
Other nextgen stuff
And fantasyland stuff
The promotion should focus on that stuff. Not Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, Star Wars Weekends, etc. That's what's throwing me off right now.

devoy1701

The promotion should focus on that stuff. Not Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, Star Wars Weekends, etc. That's what's throwing me off right now.

Why do we need a Resort wide Marketing Campaign at all? Do they have a Sign and Banner budget that they have to spend on signs and banners or they lose it?

There doesn't always need to be a resort wide marketing campaign. The TV commercials are just going to show Disneyland anyway... :drevil:

DonaldDoleWhip

Why do we need a Resort wide Marketing Campaign at all? Do they have a Sign and Banner budget that they have to spend on signs and banners or they lose it?

There doesn't always need to be a resort wide marketing campaign. The TV commercials are just going to show Disneyland anyway... :drevil:
I'd be fine with no more magic/dreams/memories campaign. There are more substantive ways to showcase the resort, IMO. But if they insist on celebrating something, I think it would be logical to focus on new reasons to visit, as opposed to previously-existing seasonal events.

menamechris

Original Poster
I am cautiously optimistic. Most major announcments are made during a press event - not New Year's Eve. Which makes me think the announcement will just be a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog. Unless there is a press event I haven't heard about yet?

nyfrenchy

They will announce that the one day ticket will finally reach the $100 mark. But hey tax is included.

Oh, and parking will be bumped to $18.

yipikyer

Jeepers, Leapers! Fantasy on Land and at Sea adds to the Fun for Disney Guests in Leap Year 2012

The Exotics Course featuring “supercars” (January 2012)
Sorcerers invade the Magic Kingdom (early 2012)
New Fantasyland (early 2012)
Royal Guest Rooms (mid-February 2012)
Launch of Disney Fantasy (March 2012)
Disney Cruise Line Visits New Ports, Offers New Itineraries (beginning May 2012)
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (May 2012)
Upscale entertainment center (late 2012)
Hit the Road with Mater and Lightning McQueen (summer 2012)

pmaljr

They could call it the "Magic OUR Way" ticket :ROFLOL:

They should have just called it "More Magic" at the rate they go...Year of a Million Dreams ran for over 2 years... but then again it seems like "Let the Memories Begin" ran for a short time. Maybe they're going to start coming up with a new marketing scheme every month. :shrug:

wdw71fan

this announcement isn't that big of a news item, but it will please a few.. it's pretty well known whats up... trust me, you'll be happy.. but it's nothing 'new' just different then what was laid forth..

and NO it's NOT Adventurers Club news.

Figment1986

The Year of More Magic????

Who comes up with this crap?! :hurl:

:lookaroun interns who get minimum wage and have to get coffee for their bosses all the time who get to sit in one meeting one day and say what they think about the other rejected name :shrug:

puntagordabob

this announcement isn't that big of a news item, but it will please a few.. it's pretty well known whats up... trust me, you'll be happy.. but it's nothing 'new' just different then what was laid forth..

and NO it's NOT Adventurers Club news.

Ill place my bet on the new Magic Kingdom daytime parade.... and sadly (cuz I would rather us keep MSEP) the second guess would be a return of Spectromagic

Pioneer Hall

:lookaroun interns who get minimum wage and have to get coffee for their bosses all the time who get to sit in one meeting one day and say what they think about the other rejected name :shrug:

Probably more like the people the interns get coffee for. I bet each campaign has someone with a nice salary behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom