New Years Eve 2017

mikey531

We have dining reservations at The Grand Floridian for 5:30 on 12/31/2017. If we leave the MK will we be able to get back in?

nickys

Premium Member
We have dining reservations at The Grand Floridian for 5:30 on 12/31/2017. If we leave the MK will we be able to get back in?

Are you staying onsite? If so, you won't be denied entry until the last phase of closure. Plus after the first lot of fireworks some families will leave the park. So at around 7:30 / 8:00 you should be OK. Probably.

Last year they did have a phased closure, but I don't know if it went beyond stage 1 or 2. By sometime around noon or 1pm they were redirecting people to other parks, but onsite guests and those with reservations were still being let in. I was "following" all this from BLT, waiting for DH to return from a shopping trip. They diverted to DS, traffic was gridlocked!

You can follow on social media, but I guess that's not going to help you enjoy dinner. Honest answer is I think you should decide if a back-up plan is acceptable in case you can't get back in, or whether being in MK at midnight is more important than dinner. You will more than likely be fine though.

Upvote 0

mikey531

Original Poster
We arrive at 10 am on 12/31 and are staying onsite. We will probably go to our room when it is ready then try and get back in that is why I decided to do GF so I could use the monorail and not worry about a bus. I didn't realize there were two shows. We wanted to be in MK for midnight. My backup would be going to TTC and taking the monorail to EPCOT, however I assume that will have a line also. I guess my real backup pan is to just wing it !!!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We arrive at 10 am on 12/31 and are staying onsite. We will probably go to our room when it is ready then try and get back in that is why I decided to do GF so I could use the monorail and not worry about a bus. I didn't realize there were two shows. We wanted to be in MK for midnight. My backup would be going to TTC and taking the monorail to EPCOT, however I assume that will have a line also. I guess my real backup pan is to just wing it !!!

Really, really good plan about the transport!

They do a complete run of the fireworks, including countdown "to midnight" at 6:50. Just the finale is left out then. They do the same the day before too, but that doesn't help you! I think being a little flexible is good; as long as you won't be distraught at not getting back into MK then I would do exactly what you're proposing to do. Hope it works for you. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom