New Year of Dreams Giveaway: Extra Hour in the Park!

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Yes guys, Epcot tomorrow tried out for the first time a NEW promotion for Year of Magical Dreams, and extra hour in the park. About 1000 people got free reign of all of Future World (except Innoventions) for one hour. No lines at all.

The dream crew was in Innoventions in the afternoon giving out wrist bands for the extra hours. Everyone met in front of M:S at 9:30pm where a DJ with lights and dance music met us. All the CMs were really excited and nice, as this was the first time they did this. The extra hour went off with a literal bang with fireworks shooting off at M:S and with Mickey and Minnie sending everyone off. Even with a stamped to Test Track, there were no lines. Soarin' had no one on it, M:S had no line, Nemo had a handful of people the whole night, and UoE and Imagination had nearly no one the whole night.

This is an amazing new promotion they should continue!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Umm.. Epcot has done this once before (it rained - like deluge - so generally it wasn't soo successful) and we've had reports back when YOMD's started that AK was the first park to do it.

Other then those factual bits - whoo hoo! More time in Epcot, luckey you :)

ToTBellHop

I've heard of it at MGM, too. Just doesn't happen too often. 100 people seems like a waste though. They could easily have 1000 people and still have everything walk-on.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, anything would be an improvement over what we received during our January trip - a box of popcorn, and 'special' ride on Pooh thru the FastPass line (which was empty, as it was late), and having the kids march thru a gift shop at OKW banging on wooden instruments. Hardly what I would call "dreams". Of course, I went with the expectation of getting nothing, so my expectations were met. :)

I'd love to be 1 of 1000 people who got to stay for an extra hour in the park... as long as we didn't have to drag sleeping kids around. ;)

DisneySaint

This is the 2nd time this has been done in Epcot (and per the rules, the final time). Dividing up the rules the total number of wristbands given out should have been around 1,500. And that is not a lot of people (even if everyone showed) in such a big area as Future World. Soarin' alone accomodates nearly 200 people every 5 minutes.

ToTBellHop

at a Disney Park, you could have 10,000 people on a given day and everything would still be walk-on. Really crowded days will have in excess of 40,000 guests. This is why you would see Al Lutz chiming in about DCA's woeful numbers on any given Sunday, and they would have 15,000 guests that day. In a 55 acre park. You can imagine the kind of crowds the larger parks can handle with no trouble at all.

Krimedog

That may probably be even better than staying in the castle suite to me. Riding soarin 30 times in a row with no wait and then going to test track and riding that mass times. That is a dream come true

SDav10495

I only wish Spaceship Earth were alive to see this... :cry:

:rolleyes: OK, I know it's not "dead". But I can't imagine anything I'd rather do with my extra hour at Epcot than go through SSE non-stop and just take in every last detail.

Figment82

This was the second and final time (unless they decide to do it again :dazzle: ) for Epcot to have the special hour giveaway, the last time was back around October/November when the promotion first began. Let me tell you, it was quite an experience to be on the "other side." I've witnessed both of them and it's definitely interesting, to say the least. Glad you had a fun time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom