New Year’s Eve options - outside the parks

Aries1975

We are planning a post-Christmas trip 12/28 - 1/2. This will be a multi generational, ages 8-79, 15+ guests, no parks trip. We are staying in two treehouses at Saratoga.

About 5 years ago, I stayed at Old Key West during the same time. I did not know the resort had a NYE party until we arrived. Since we already had dining reservations and park tickets for the night, I did not look into it. Do most Disney resorts have events for NYE? Does Saratoga? How much do they generally cost? The only parties I have ever heard about are the ones at the Contemporary. For a party 15, it would be way too much $$$ for either party at the Contemporary. Besides, we are a pretty laid back group, not that we can’t dress up and not particularly heavy drinkers.

Looking for ideas. Thanks in advance.

JIMINYCR

You might check into whats happening at Disney Springs as it gets closer to the time. They have had events in the past. I think last year there was something held at Coronado Springs and the Swan maybe a few others. Things will be announced as we get closer to the time of year for getting tickets.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I feel like every WDW resort does up the holidays. I've been at Disney resorts for Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the 4th of July. There were always so many themed activities at the resorts - egg hunts, trivia games, games at the main pools, trick or treats, scavenger hunts, etc. Even last year, during the COVID restrictions on the 4th, the Yacht Club had some things going on. I bet they'll have some sort of NYE countdown at every resort. I do wonder if it might be an 'early' countdown though - you know, like a 9 or 10pm countdown so the kids can get to bed and quiet hours can be observed?

Maybe one of the Boardwalk restaurants will offer a NYE dining package and you could stand on the Boardwalk and watch a part of Epcot's fireworks show? Or maybe you could get a reservation for Trader Sam's - grab a drink (non alcoholic if you prefer) and then go to the patio/ beach to watch the MK fireworks?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom