New World of Dreams VIP tour

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they did both, would your 😡 become 😃?

Because you know they’d monetize this — as any theme park would — regardless of park capacity.

Putting 4 must-see attractions in SW:GE would have done the trick.

Disney creates problems (lagging ride capacity, long lines for buses) and monetizes solutions (up-charges, MinnieVans, front-of-line tours, etc). It's brilliant when you think about it.

MickeyMinnieMom

Putting 4 must-see attractions in SW:GE would have done the trick.

Disney creates problems (lagging ride capacity, long lines for buses) and monetizes solutions (up-charges, MinnieVans, front-of-line tours, etc). It's brilliant when you think about it.
I agree that they should have opened SWGE with more rides from day one. That said, they would have had demand for a gazillion up-charges for this offering no matter what park capacity was.

Purduevian

Just doing some math on the "worth" of this tour, leaving it just to Magic Kingdom.
TS breakfast for 6 at Cindy's ~$50 per person + Drinks = ~$350
Lunch at Skipper Canteen ~$35 per person + Drinks = ~$250
Dinner at Be Our Guest $55 per adult and $35 per child + Drinks ~$350
Meals=$950

Tickets w/ Park hopper for 4 adults and 2 children during the busiest time of the year (assuming it's included) $1,165.12

Magic Kingdom dessert party (assuming it's included) for 4 adults and 2 children = $410

Assuming 2 attractions per hour average (things like tea cups will be quicker, carousel of progress slower, plus walking and shopping time) = 24 attractions * 6 people = 144 line skips.

Total "value" before line skips = $950+1,165.12+410 = 2,525.12.
Cost per line skip = $65.80 +taxes (does not include the value of park to park service, tour prices or value of the Cidy Suite)

If it does not include dessert party or tickets...
Cost per line skip = $76.74 +taxes (does not include the value of park to park service, tour prices or value of the Cidy Suite)

It is an extremely expensive cost, but I'm sure they will have no trouble selling it to the uber wealthy.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/01/intro...turing-cinderella-castle-suite-tour-and-more/

I am guessing this is geared towards the rich and those who want front access to SWGE.
I called Disney. Honestly it's just hype. I asked for maybe a dozen different experiences I could think of and their prepared response to everything I suggested was "that would not be included in this your". Generally by the end of my 20 min convo with them, I've determined that this your just allows an a la carte option from the tours they already offer with a quick view of Cinderella apartment and 3 meals. Not worth 12,000 dollars.

Surfin' Tuna

I called Disney. Honestly it's just hype. I asked for maybe a dozen different experiences I could think of and their prepared response to everything I suggested was "that would not be included in this your". Generally by the end of my 20 min convo with them, I've determined that this your just allows an a la carte option from the tours they already offer with a quick view of Cinderella apartment and 3 meals. Not worth 12,000 dollars.
This is true, and what I have tried to explain a couple of times earlier in this thread. It is a fancier VIP tour that they will coordinate with other available tours along with a couple of other pluses. The only thing you gain that is not currently offered elsewhere is the Cinderella Suite viewing. Some people will find value in it, but I'm not sure I can see the value myself. That being said, if I was made of money - why not?

DisneyJoe

Just doing some math on the "worth" of this tour, leaving it just to Magic Kingdom.
TS breakfast for 6 at Cindy's ~$50 per person + Drinks = ~$350
Lunch at Skipper Canteen ~$35 per person + Drinks = ~$250
Dinner at Be Our Guest $55 per adult and $35 per child + Drinks ~$350
Meals=$950

Tickets w/ Park hopper for 4 adults and 2 children during the busiest time of the year (assuming it's included) $1,165.12

Magic Kingdom dessert party (assuming it's included) for 4 adults and 2 children = $410

Assuming 2 attractions per hour average (things like tea cups will be quicker, carousel of progress slower, plus walking and shopping time) = 24 attractions * 6 people = 144 line skips.

Total "value" before line skips = $950+1,165.12+410 = 2,525.12.
Cost per line skip = $65.80 +taxes (does not include the value of park to park service, tour prices or value of the Cidy Suite)

If it does not include dessert party or tickets...
Cost per line skip = $76.74 +taxes (does not include the value of park to park service, tour prices or value of the Cidy Suite)

It is an extremely expensive cost, but I'm sure they will have no trouble selling it to the uber wealthy.
Tickets are not included.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
This is obviously an extravagance, and it's being sold as such. However, on my last trip in November, I saw more VIP tour groups than I had in all of my previous seven trips combined. And in addition to the "official" WDW groups, there were plenty of other private guides (another topic for another time). So it seems to me that there is clearly a market for this type of service.

My question is this - with access to two VIP guides, would that allow your party to split up? For example, could one guide take people on KS while the other took folks to FoP? And if so, could you split parks or other locations?

It seems to me the main driver of this is SW:GE. And $2000 per person for a whole day's worth of unlimited front-of-line access to that area, while extravagant, is appealing if you have the scratch to do it. But if you have some of your party that has no interest in Star Wars, and they could take one of the guides to go do other things, that makes this even more appealing.

And if you can't split up, why have access to two guides for a maximum of six people?

TrojanUSC

This is obviously an extravagance, and it's being sold as such. However, on my last trip in November, I saw more VIP tour groups than I had in all of my previous seven trips combined. And in addition to the "official" WDW groups, there were plenty of other private guides (another topic for another time). So it seems to me that there is clearly a market for this type of service.

My question is this - with access to two VIP guides, would that allow your party to split up? For example, could one guide take people on KS while the other took folks to FoP? And if so, could you split parks or other locations?

It seems to me the main driver of this is SW:GE. And $2000 per person for a whole day's worth of unlimited front-of-line access to that area, while extravagant, is appealing if you have the scratch to do it. But if you have some of your party that has no interest in Star Wars, and they could take one of the guides to go do other things, that makes this even more appealing.

And if you can't split up, why have access to two guides for a maximum of six people?

On many weekends they have 100+ tours out now. Since they've made Fastpass so complicated and started really promoting the tour service, bookings have been through the roof.

RSoxNo1

for 12 grand i want a personal tour of SWGE with an imagineer
Can I request Chris Beatty make his original pitch as we're walking through the land they're building?

In all fairness, I was able to talk with Chris Beatty at the last D23 and while I didn't address that, I did talk with him about the super awkward New Fantasyland chat on the DPB and he was a real good sport about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom