New Voice of Transport

wbostic12

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hey Everyone! I was deep in a Disney rabbit trail when I saw that Tom Kane, a very common announcer throughout WDW, had apparently suffered a stroke in December, and has lost much of his ability to communicate. As someone who has had family members suffer strokes, my heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he is able to recover well. However, as we approach the 50th anniversary, and Disney Transport and COVID announcements will change due to protocols changing, are there any rumors going around about who will replace him? I would love Joe Hursh to return, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything more concrete.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Who could be more appropriate than Mr Walt Disney himself, in the guise of the Academy award-winning actor who portrayed him in Saving Mr. Banks?

JoeHursh

What a kick! Someone sent me a link to this discussion board that mentions some of the voiceover work I did for Disney. They also sent me the link to my voice on the Bus transportation.
Haven't listened to that one in awhile!
Thank you all for the kind words! This all is making me feel nostalgic about my Disney days! Hard to believe the 50 year anniversary is this year.
Kind regards,
JOE HURSH

castlecake2.0

What a kick! Someone sent me a link to this discussion board that mentions some of the voiceover work I did for Disney. They also sent me the link to my voice on the Bus transportation.
Thank you all for the kind words! This all is making me feel nostalgic about my Disney days! Hard to believe the 50 year anniversary is this year.
Kind regards,
JOE HURSH

I called Disney Cruise Line the other day and it was your voice. Miss hearing you on the monorail!

Cmdr_Crimson

Kind regards,
JOE HURSH

I still enjoy watching the Original Disney Magical Express videos you narrated..This always gave me good vibes getting ready for my trip!😄

Chef Kronk

Kind regards,
JOE HURSH

Thank you for all the incredible memories, Joe! You will always will be the voice of Disney to me and many others, I'm sure.

Lilofan

Hey Everyone! I was deep in a Disney rabbit trail when I saw that Tom Kane, a very common announcer throughout WDW, had apparently suffered a stroke in December, and has lost much of his ability to communicate. As someone who has had family members suffer strokes, my heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope he is able to recover well. However, as we approach the 50th anniversary, and Disney Transport and COVID announcements will change due to protocols changing, are there any rumors going around about who will replace him? I would love Joe Hursh to return, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything more concrete.
Wow that's sad. I saw on his website one can get an autographed pic of him and he's only 59 years old.

wbostic12

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Kind regards,
JOE HURSH

This is amazing! I want to really thank you, as you are the voice I remember from my early trips to WDW, and your excitement always got me ready for my trip, even on DisneyTransport. thank you for giving millions their first wonderful welcome to the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom