New Villains Show Coming to DHS?

doctornick

And lastly… Just it out on the air there's no way in the world they are going to have a meet and greet centric hard ticket event. Operationally, it was a disaster. Just doing basic simple math, there is no way you can have a five hour event with 30,000 people when the special characters you have for that event can meet at maximum 600 people during the event.

I've asked people behind the scenes if this will ever happen again. They said "oh hell no."

I definitely do not think we'll see a Villain themed party in the near future. However, if Disney wanted to do one that "worked" in a reasonable manner, it seems to me that they'd have to do a hard ticket event with multiple days (a la MNSSHP). If they had multiple nights in a season all with the same content, it might spread out the crowds enough to allow the M&G capacity to better fit the demand. They'd also have to limit ticket sales for each night more than they did for the previous hard ticket.

Don't see it happening but at at least would be a better planned idea than the mess they did before.

DHoy

Villains unleashed only has 14,000 ppl in attendance and the capacity of meet and greets can only stretch so far. At 8pm the queue for maleficent stretched thru th entire animation queue and out onto Pixar place it pretty much was a 5 hour wait at the beginning.

Fox&Hound

How hard would it be to adapt the new stage show coming to that Disney cruise for the parks? Can't imagine it would be too difficult.

Why would DIsney shoot themself in the foot? The new Tangled show coming to the Cruise line looks awesome and in some ways could help people book that Disney cruise they've always wanted to go on. Bringing it to the parks diminishes that. Once the show has been replaced on the Cruise? Then I could see it in a park.

Fox&Hound

Very excited for this idea to come to fruition. Would love for this area of Hollywood Studios to have more of a Villains presence. That could be very cool. Between this, Star Wars, and some real thrill rides, maybe Disney is trying to re-brand Hollywood Studios as its "edgy" park that teens might flock to. Don't get me wrong, people enjoy all the parks, but sometimes MK gets a rap as being for small kids. Very cool, Disney.

Sped2424

Why would DIsney shoot themself in the foot? The new Tangled show coming to the Cruise line looks awesome and in some ways could help people book that Disney cruise they've always wanted to go on. Bringing it to the parks diminishes that. Once the show has been replaced on the Cruise? Then I could see it in a park.
How would that diminish that at all? The tangled show is not going to be the push folks to spend 900 dollars to go on a cruise.. And the park version could have a lot of differences (for one it would most likely have to be an abridged version instead of the full running time). To me it just makes sense if you are going to have alan menken workshop new music and fit a play why not try and bring it more places at once. Does having wicked having a tour lower broadway sales of the show? Or the lion king?

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Totally agree. This DOES sound like a nice replacement for the rather-shabby Beauty and the Beast show, but a dark ride would be so much better. Too bad Iger would rather lavish money on stuff he purchased rather than on stuff Disney artists created....

Is it your hope that by doing the same old song and dance over and over here on the boards, you hope that eventually we'll all suddenly say, "Egad! He's right! I DON'T want things I enjoy in the parks!"

Anyway, this is what you sound like.

tumblr_nf55beCqBb1rz6w0do2_500.gif

Herbie

Noooooooooooope.

Two reasons. One, it's been speculated about for at least a month now we've got good sourcing on it.

Second, the audition announcement specifically refers to a new show.

And lastly… Just it out on the air there's no way in the world they are going to have a meet and greet centric hard ticket event. Operationally, it was a disaster. Just doing basic simple math, there is no way you can have a five hour event with 30,000 people when the special characters you have for that event can meet at maximum 600 people during the event.

I've asked people behind the scenes if this will ever happen again. They said "oh hell no."

Disney's mistake for making it one night only on both occassions. They've known for years how popular the villians are, and have tried to plan a hard-ticket event for DHS since atleast 2007. Hopefully these events were considered beta mode. It could still work, as a month-long celebration. They should be doing it this October-November to make up for the closures. A Nightmare Before Christmas ride (future-wise) would also seal the deal.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Disney's mistake for making it one night only on both occassions. They've known for years how popular the villians are, and have tried to plan a hard-ticket event for DHS since aleast 2007. Hopefully these events were considered beta mode. It could still work, as a month-long celebration. They should be doing it this October-November to make up for the closures. A Nightmare Before Christmas ride would also seal the deal.

Yeah, it would be nice but file under "things that never will be in Orlando"

kpilcher

I think we can all agree that it is long overdue. Cute show, but the time has come.
It's time came 20+ years ago. It was only supppsed to be around a couple of years. That it has lasted has everything to do with the movie's popularity and almost nothing to do with the show itself.

Magenta Panther

Is it your hope that by doing the same old song and dance over and over here on the boards, you hope that eventually we'll all suddenly say, "Egad! He's right! I DON'T want things I enjoy in the parks!"

Anyway, this is what you sound like.

tumblr_nf55beCqBb1rz6w0do2_500.gif

No, I'm just helping you get the attention you so obviously, desperately crave.

This is what you look like:

1434618926437.jpg

You're welcome. XD

MKCP 1985

Speaking of 2014's "Villains Unleashed,"

Like a Fantasyland dark ride that features reckless driving, a train wreck and resulting banishment to hell, some things will never be repeated in your Walt Disney World.
:in pain:

Which is why I am SO VERY GLAD that it happened the one time and we made the trip so we can talk about it forever. :cool: "Kids, you won't believe this, but there was this one event named "Villains Unleashed," and it went like this . . . :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom