New version of "Wishes" for MK

stitchcastle

Original Poster
First of all, this is based on my WDW expansion thread which should be around this board :D

This is a new fireworks show that would follow the presentation of "Kingdom of Dreams" when it ends its year-long run. (information about both preview and complete versions Kingdom of Dreams can be read at this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=53038&page=1&pp=15 along with all my other WDW expansion ideas :) )

I've decided that Kingdom of Dreams is too big and too much of a show for MK to handle everyday. Plus, It represents all of the parks at WDW. I've decided that KoD will only be shown during special occassions, specifically park anniversaries.

I have thought out a brand new show which isn't as big as Kingdom of Dreams but is much more personal and relatable. The new show takes on the theme of "Wishes" which would take its cue from the old Wishes show and expand on it and tie it together a little bit more as well as induce some elements of MK's overall mythology to make for a perfect ending to a night at MK, or a stay at WDW.

Disney Wishes: An Odyssey of Dreams Fulfilled

Part 1: A Gathering of Dreams
-The show starts out very, very subtly, so subtle that the lights in the park don't even go off at first. We hear little bells chiming all around us little spotlights start to gather around the entire park. As the mainstreet and various other lights around the park slowly dim (excluding the lamp posts which will remain lit), the little spotlights become more visible and start to change colors, plus we hear laughter and cheer among these lights.
-These lights hover around in the darkness for a good 30 seconds before they slowly move towards the castle, turning off the lamp posts along their way. An instrumental "When You Wish Upon A Star" softly underscores the movement of the lights as they make their way to the castle gathering themselves upon the tallest spire.
-An instrumental version of the refrain from the song "For A Moment" (from The Little Mermaid 2) suddenly fills the air as a single blue star shoots off to the sky. The Blue Fairy welcomes us on this magical night in which the stars will be play and dance to the beauty of our Wishes. She tells us that each star that fills the Magic Kingdom Sky is a symbol of all the hopes and dreams of the world and that whenever you make a wish, a star is born.
- "When You Wish Upon A Star" plays as shooting stars shoot off to the sky (similar to the current Wishes version. As the song ends we hear the many wishes of the children who are watching the show and with each wish a star twinkles and hovers above until the entire sky is filled with stars, the wishes of the world. this part is underscored by an instrumental version of "Part of Your World" (also from the Little Mermaid, the finale version).
-Just then, Tinkerbell comes swooping up from the east to the castle's tallest spire and when she gets there...

Part 2: A Gathering of Friends
-A bright green blast of fireworks erupt in the sky as Tarzan's "Two Worlds" theme is played to blazing drums.
-The castle turns a bright shade of green as Zazu (from the Lion King) tells us that friends are the pillars of wishes. with each friend we meet, a wish is born in our hearts that we keep each other comapany through the journey of life. Multi-colored shooting stars shoot off around the castle as the birds from the Enchanted Tikki Room Under New Management give us an impromptu jamming session as they sing a medley of Disney songs concerned with friendship. "friend like me", "you've got a friend in me", "my funny friend and me", and "Hakuna Matata" (a duet between Zazu and Iago).
-Monkeys invade the party as King Louie tells us "I Wanna Be Like You".
-There goes on to be a musical duel between the monkeys and the birds (emulated by fireworks) the battle ends with "The Tikki Tikki Room" song.

Part 3: A Gathering of Courage
-The park goes dark as the leaf spirit from Pocahontas is projected all over the park underscored by "Listen With Your Heart".
-The castle takes on the texture of water as the reflection of water is projected on the castle as Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas tells us..
-Wishing for courage is like looking for something that is already there. If you look deep in your heart and wish hard enough, the fear shall be rinsed away like dirt in the pouring rain.
-Mist fills the hub as the suite from "The Haunted Mansion" is played to an eery backdrop of lightning and sinister fireworks.
-A swarm of bats fluttering around are projected upon the castle.
-Just then, a blast from the western side of the park shoots to the castle as an orchestral version of "The Ballad of Davey Crockett" blares on the park speakers. The music goes on as if it were "cleaning up" or "saving" the area from the Haunted Mansion.
-The moment the castle is freed, "Colors of the Wind" choruses through the air. a medley of red, white and blue fireworks errupt to the sky.

Part 4: A Gathering of Romance
-The Fantasmic "love theme" then plays as the Cinderellabration Arches come to illuminated life and the 6 Disney Princesses are projected upon the castle.
-Julie Andrews reminds us that Love is the heart of a wish. With every desire, with every dream, it is love that sparks them to life. Let us celebrate now the beauty and magic of the emotion which is called love
-The castle and the arches then go through a medley of Disney love themes:
-"So This is Love" sung by Cinderella herself plays as a ballet of fireworks and lights fill the park.
-"One Love" sung by Snow White, turns the park a lovely shade of gold as fireworks shaped like sunflowers fill the sky.
-"Once Upon A Dream" a duet by Princess Aurora and Prince Philip recreates the courtship lovers go through as fireworks launched from the western side and the east side of the park represent the royal couple.
-"If I Never Knew You" sung by Pocahontas and John Smith illuminates the sky with romantic blue fields of stars behind the castle.
-"Beauty and the Beast" a choir sings one of Disney's most beloved love song as golden sparks shoot to the sky around the castle.
-"Love Will Find a Way" from the sequel to the Lion King is sung by the choir as the Magic Kingdom sky is literraly covered with romantic blue sparks.

Part 5: A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

-Walter Cronkite speaks to us...A Wish is a key that unlocks the gates of the future. It is in wishes that we begin to dream and work for a better world...
-"It's A Small World" plays throughout the park. colorful, playful fireworks shoot to the sky changing colors with each language in which the song is sung.
-The song is interrupted as the park goes dark and silent, as if there were a glitch in the show. A sinister laugh echoes through the park...it's Stitch we see his shadow projected into one of the castle's balconies looking as though he is short circuiting the system. sparks erupt around and on the castle as if the fireworks were exploding. All the while Elvis' Trouble plays in the background.
-a rocket is then heard firing, "we have ignition" a voice says, as fireworks around the castle shoot off to the sky as if emulating a rocket launch. The theme to Space Mountain plays and rockets shoot all over the sky as the hub and mainstreet are covered with stars. Fireworks shoot all over the park following the beat of the music.
-A Giant golden blast illuminates the sky behind Cinderella Castle as "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" reaches a chorus. White, Gold, and Blue sparks shoot off around the castle.

Part 6: Just Believe

-"Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight..." The familiar little girl who sings the "wishes" theme is heard as the star (wishes) field slowly returns to hover above the sky.
-A single blue star flies above them all, it is the blue fairy that the power of Wishes knows no limits for it is within our hearts that lies the strength and reason that our wishes shine and that if we look deep our hearts, our wishes will come true
-The classic "Wishes" finale plays along with the appropriate fireworks.

Part 7: A World of Wishes Eternal

-taking a cue from "Kingdom of Dreams", the park quiets down as if the show has ended when we hear the same chimes and voices and see the same lights from the begginging of the show.
-the lights once again gather to the tallest spire where in a million bolts of electric light, comes Tinkerbell flying out of the spire and flying around the castle spreading pixie dust over it as the many wishes of the park's guests are heard once more
-Just then the Cinderellabration Arches, the mainstreet lights, the hub fountains, even the visible icons from Adventureland, Tomorrowland and Frontierland turns a golden glow that spreads its way to the castle.
-As the music climaxes another blast of fireworks erupt at the Castle's tallest spire and out comes Sorcerer Mickey (in a dark blue, electric lights version of the costume :D ) doing as he did in the Fantasmic finale. The same music from fantasmic! playing.
-Mickey then commands more and more fireworks to shoot off to the sky, above the castle, around the castle, around the hub, all over mainstreet, fireworks fill the air with a million colors.
-A mixture of the Wishes theme, Fantasmic theme, Spectromagic theme, and "When You Wish Upon A Star" fills the air as more and more fireworks shoot to the sky.
-Mickey then dissapears from the top spire in a blast of sparks and reappear in the castle's lower balcony telling us: "See ya real soon!".

stitch001

That is pritty freeking sweet. Its kind of got the Cali. Idea going but with a Wishes feel to it. I really like it. I totaly think that would be an awesome showI think it would be cool if you could some how find time for Meg from Hurcules in your princesses part. but thats just my unhealthy obsession with her comeing out. but its really cool. But I do have one question, you got Tink comeing out of the castle twice, how dose she get back up to do her second one without anyone seeing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom