New vacation planner

Disneykidder

Original Poster
I received the 2013-2014 vacation planner in the mail today. (Disney mail is the BEST...especially DVC!!!!) I love reading that book but what I am surprised about is that the VGF are not in there. It is a 2013-2014 book so it really should be. Am I wrong?

rufio

I've received some random advertisements for VGF, but no points planners yet. I was also surprised that it wasn't included in the main book.

EOD K9

I want to know if printing of this book comes out of my annual dues. If it does; I would prefer not to get the book because I do all my planning on line. The book is all ready in the recycle bin.
I too would like to know. I wonder how much of my dues goes in to advertising. While some of the goodies are cute, they aren't needed. If money can be saved by opting out of that printed edition book, and other mailings, I would gladly do it. Just send me an email that says the book is in PDF form and we'll go from there.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
I too would like to know. I wonder how much of my dues goes in to advertising. While some of the goodies are cute, they aren't needed. If money can be saved by opting out of that printed edition book, and other mailings, I would gladly do it. Just send me an email that says the book is in PDF form and we'll go from there.
Works for me. I do love to sit down on the couch and flip through that book, look at the pics and think of future vacations but would not hesitate to opt out of it to save some $. I also wonder how much of my dues goes towards advertising and also the mannnny stations all over the parks and resorts that show materials, give out stickers and buttons and try to recruit more members. There are more DVC symbols on the park maps than restrooms. :eek:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Works for me. I do love to sit down on the couch and flip through that book, look at the pics and think of future vacations but would not hesitate to opt out of it to save some $. I also wonder how much of my dues goes towards advertising and also the mannnny stations all over the parks and resorts that show materials, give out stickers and buttons and try to recruit more members. There are more DVC symbols on the park maps than restrooms. :eek:

I think the sales stations and sales staff throughout the parks are paid for by DVC itself and shouldn't be funded by our dues. I read somewhere that the sales costs for an average resort are around 25% of revenues so I'm assuming that's part of it. The annual book is coming from our dues, but its kinda cool to flip through so I'm OK with it.

Tinkerfan4ever

The thing that surprised me.... I did not see the floor plans of the resorts in the book. We have kept our 2011 (?) book because that does have the floor plans, but if there is someone newer that doesn't have an older book.. then they would have to always go online to see the floor plans. I know going on line isn't a huge deal, but for me (who is planning a trip with my sister) it would be nice to have her take the book and check all the floor plans out.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I believe that by Florida law no "sales" cost can go into our annual dues, but I think that cost of the planning book and some of the other stuff we get is charged to dues. Sales cost most be covered by the sale price when the time share is purchased. I for one think we as the "owners" need to let DVC know that we want to keep the resorts maintenance and operations funded, but should reduce cost of dues where possible.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I want to know if printing of this book comes out of my annual dues. If it does; I would prefer not to get the book because I do all my planning on line. The book is all ready in the recycle bin.

Same here.

I was also surprised that VGF wasn't in there.

AmongMadPeople

Haven't they already reduced the frequency they issue the planning book? I don't recall getting a new one last year, but could be remembering incorrectly. They've already made it cheaper to produce, as I think they used to do hardcover, but stopped about 5 years ago.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
The thing that surprised me.... I did not see the floor plans of the resorts in the book. We have kept our 2011 (?) book because that does have the floor plans, but if there is someone newer that doesn't have an older book.. then they would have to always go online to see the floor plans. I know going on line isn't a huge deal, but for me (who is planning a trip with my sister) it would be nice to have her take the book and check all the floor plans out.
I like to look at floor plans, too. They also do not give square footage like they used to. I found that online somewhere and printed it out and saved it for future planning...always nice to know.

Mammymouse

I said the same thing when I got mine in the mail. It must cost a fortune to print and mail all those to thousands of people. I'd rather get a Perk instead. I never read it either, like you said, I do all my bookings online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom