New UK Disney Resort Vacation Video

RogueHabit

Original Poster
We received our new copy of the 2003 Disney Vacation planning video this week and there are a couple of things within it that I noticed.

1) As far as I can see there is not one mention of MGM when talking about the studios. It is always Disney Studios. I know this has been the case for a while.

2) Still only talk about TWO water parks.

3) The Globe parade was the featured parade, to the point where they talked about the 'Magical Globes.' Is this parade saying after HYOM?

4) The enclosed map shows EPCOT without the sign.

Just a few observations for ya'll. :D

jrashadb

Originally posted by Catch 22
We received our new copy of the 2003 Disney Vacation planning video this week and there are a couple of things within it that I noticed.

1) As far as I can see there is not one mention of MGM when talking about the studios. It is always Disney Studios. I know this has been the case for a while.

2) Still only talk about TWO water parks.

3) The Globe parade was the featured parade, to the point where they talked about the 'Magical Globes.' Is this parade saying after HYOM?

4) The enclosed map shows EPCOT without the sign.

Just a few observations for ya'll. :D

:eek:

faints...

wakes back up...

Did you just say "without the sign"?

Hmmm... could it be? I strongly doubt it, but could it be that they are getting rid of the sign?

spinsurgeon

We got ours too. We emailed for it but they also take orders by phone.

The 'strangest' thing I noticed was that the chap who presented the video was able to walk-on everything and there was no real atmosphere which would otherwise be generated by a crowd. I have been to WDW four times and although I hate to queue, I must admit that without the crowds, it just isn't the same.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by christophe
Can we order such a video from here in belgium?

The adverts on British TV have a phone number to ring and order your free planning video.
1) you'd have to see the advert to note the number
2) I don't think British video (PAL) is compatible with Belgian video players.
I suggest that you try the Disney website and see if one is available on there.

Scooter

Originally posted by spinsurgeon
We got ours too. We emailed for it but they also take orders by phone.

The 'strangest' thing I noticed was that the chap who presented the video was able to walk-on everything and there was no real atmosphere which would otherwise be generated by a crowd. I have been to WDW four times and although I hate to queue, I must admit that without the crowds, it just isn't the same.

Let me get this straight...

...you are complaining about having no crowds?

:p :hammer: :brick:

I'm sorry..I actually LIKE walking onto a ride without waiting in line in hot Florida Weather...dummy ME :kiss: :) :lol:

spinsurgeon

Scooter

I'm not saying that I want to wait in lines all day but I do like to see other people at the parks. Last time we went was October '01, when obviously, crowds were not only smallish but also a bit quiet, with all that had happened the previous month. Yes, it was great to get on the rides without a wait but WDW is not just about the rides, is it? or is it?

Scooter

Spinsurgeon...

..I was just teasing you a bit. I'm sorry.

I was also at Walt Disney World in October of 2001.
There was an erie silence in the parks.
I also remember seeing many shirts with American flags on them.
Made me proud.:)

I understand what you were saying totally. I'm a people watcher and part of the fun of going to the parks is about seeing all the smiling faces...young AND old.

I do not, however, go to DisneyWorld in the summer.
It's too hot and there's just TOO darn many people to watch.:lookaroun

DanielJ

I too am another one who was at WDW last October'01 (main reason was because the halloween event at Universal) but did find the parks having an eerie feeling to them for obvious reasons.
but it was kinda good on getting on rides with like a 5-10 min wait like for instance test track which in the sumer is usually a 1-2 hour wait and when i went back during that october it was only 5 minutes.

was abit nervouse flying there and back, cus obviously my flights were almost empty also, for instance i went with my father and we both went to premium economy going there cus it was empty just like upper class aswell (did try getting into upperclass but they wouldn't let us). and as for coming back to the UK we both had a whole row to sleep on each in economy.

Daniel :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom