New Tram Design in Service at Animal Kingdom

rocketraccoon

Original Poster
One of the new trams is finally in service at Animal Kingdom. Attached are photos.

Some thoughts:
- The tram is certainly quieter than the old one.
- Part of that is probably because the engine has a deeper sound to it. Far less shrill to the ears.
- The cars seem newish. They're worn and clearly have been used, but much nicer than the other ones.
- It rides about the same. I think it breaks better but they do squeal. Not much change in general.
- Looks nicer!
- The horn is comedic. It sounds like an old car's horn now.

Attachments

• 20170515_124041.jpg
    20170515_124041.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 20170515_124043.jpg
    20170515_124043.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 20170515_124045.jpg
    20170515_124045.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 851

kap91

The thing is, the Disneyland ones (which have a very similar design to the Geoge McGinnis ones in Florida) are extremely quiet. I'm not sure why they just didn't go with those CNG ones. I know the ones at the world were originally designed to be CNG but had difficulty on the grade under the water bridge but surely technology has progressed since then?

roj2323

Is only magic kingdom getting the different colored ones?
It would't surprise me if the Magic kingdom trams were heroes and villains themed to help people remember which lot they are parked in. (It's a larger problem than you'd think) The other parks are more straight forward so they don't really need the creative theming.

montyz81

Didn't Bob Gurr design the old ones? Wonder what he thinks of them? I think they are fine. I just wished they'd make them less generic looking. Other then that, no issue.

Doug Means

there are trams, i could have been riding all these year? i heard the parking lots are getting a new gondola system to bring people up to the gates, but the accompanying scary animatronics is broken and in disco mode already.

hpyhnt 1000

As a side note, they won't be as generic when the painted fleet comes out.

View attachment 205316

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I would prefer they not go with the multi-colored scheme as I really don't think it's attractive. I'd much rather see the new bus livery adopted on the trams. It's cleaner, more professional looking, provides consistent branding, and saves resources (fewer paint colors to stock).

At the very least, they could be a bit more subtle with the new scheme. There's a reason the monorails are a white body with a colored stripe and not the other way around...

JoeCamel

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I would prefer they not go with the multi-colored scheme as I really don't think it's attractive. I'd much rather see the new bus livery adopted on the trams. It's cleaner, more professional looking, provides consistent branding, and saves resources (fewer paint colors to stock).

At the very least, they could be a bit more subtle with the new scheme. There's a reason the monorails are a white body with a colored stripe and not the other way around...
He (Bolt) was making a funny - (I hope)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom