New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

Speedy71

CouC9nXXgAQDEvl.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Neo

Now this gives me hope:
View attachment 154197
View attachment 154198
Oh ho ho! This could be the first step in redesigning Tomorrowland. A blue and white paint job in 2016 on the old copper and gold Autopia structure. Very futuristic. This I believe could be the new theme to this land in the future. We have hope!

Uh they have been slowly repainting Disneyland's Tomorrowland Blue and White since 2004. They didn't really do anything to Autopia aside from repainting it to match the rest of the land and gave it a new sign. I wouldn't point to that as being a sign of greater change considering they have been slowly doing this for more than a decade now.

The Empress Lilly

Please say Stitch...
Marni just broke the news Stitch is leaving! And you are the second person in Disney fandom to know, me I made a podium place at three. ^_^

Well possibly. And not that I don't fully count on Disney to come up with a replacement even less fitting, but without the redeeming quality of being an actual fun character.

Seabasealpha1

WDWs TL is certainly messy, and at its less cohesive than ever stage at the mo, but DL needs more help. And will get it too before Orlando gets anything major.

Aside from a certain inhabitant perhaps being evicted.
I'm actually excited about the prospect of said eviction...except that I know that section of building will just sit empty...or they'll just schedule a half-done overlay...like " Frozen: Elsa's Galactic Adventure". And in the ride description it'll say something like..."help Anna and Elsa from Disney's Frozen capture a runaway galactic snowman before he escapes!"

:banghead:

Seabasealpha1

I think my absolute favorite part about WDW's tomorrowland is the copious about of bird droppings and nests all over the "futuristic" design and architecture...nothing says "future" quite like the berry-infused droppings and nests of birds...

And nothing else says: "We blew all the money on the wrong section of the park", like this and the attraction lineup quite like bird droppings...

No Name

I like the current look of tomorrowland at WDW. Blue is what humans generally percieve as the most futursitic color, often coupled with white. Tomorrowland is mostly blue and white. I don't think it looks dated, rather, it's aged quite well. It clearly says "future" and feels that way too. It may not be fully representative of our most recent visions, but at least it doesn't try to be. Therefore, it avoids the Future World problem of being an un-aesthetically pleasing mix of multiple styles from multiple decades.

Onto the rocks... they never bothered me. I just saw the big ones at the gateway as a transition to the future, or sort of the boundary of the futuristic area. This change tries to make them a part of tomorrowland by distiguising it from natural, present-day rock. So, more than anything, it changes my view of them.

Hopefully the final product will look nice. Though I'm with most that a return to the original gateway would've been best.

Monorail_Red_77

The movie was visually interesting but the story was, um, what was it about? I have no clue.
I liked the movie, but it left me wanting more. Seems like they could have done more with it. I don't know what, but that's me. I like the fact that they left some things real in the movie as well. One example is the construction equipment on the launch pads at the start of the movie were from Beyel Bros Cranes and Rigging. That is a real crane company based in cocoa and Orlando, thought that was pretty cool that they didn't plaster over the company name with some fake name, or nothing at all.

Last edited:

DisneyFans4Life

I like the current look of tomorrowland at WDW. Blue is what humans generally percieve as the most futursitic color, often coupled with white. Tomorrowland is mostly blue and white. I don't think it looks dated, rather, it's aged quite well. It clearly says "future" and feels that way too. It may not be fully representative of our most recent visions, but at least it doesn't try to be. Therefore, it avoids the Future World problem of being an un-aesthetically pleasing mix of multiple styles from multiple decades.

Onto the rocks... they never bothered me. I just saw the big ones at the gateway as a transition to the future, or sort of the boundary of the futuristic area. This change tries to make them a part of tomorrowland by distiguising it from natural, present-day rock. So, more than anything, it changes my view of them.

Hopefully the final product will look nice. Though I'm with most that a return to the original gateway would've been best.
I've always thought the rocks reminded me of a distant planet or world...similar to how the planet sets are setup inside of Space Mountain and when you ride the PeopleMover. And somehow I connect a distant planet or world to the future because it's not something we've seen with our own eyes. We've sent rovers to Mars which show rocks (very similar to Tomorrowland), but we haven't gone there as humans...so to me it's still a "tomorrow" thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom