New Tomorrowland Attraction Ideas

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Thread for Tomorrowland attraction ideas, as the land seems to be starting to go through a very big renovation. Feel free to add your ideas, here’s mine:

Alien Zoo/Sci-Fi Zoo dark ride (name is a work in progress)

Possible replacement for Buzz or Speedway, ideally would like it as a new addition or to take over the stitch building but i dont know what the expansion plots are in Tomorrowland and the Stitch building seems to small unless the Imagineers could get REALLY creative with how the space is used.

Plot for attraction is that we are guest about to go on a tour of the Tomorrowland Extraterestrial Wildlife Sanctuary, when Skippy (the fuzzy alien seen in the pre show for Alien Encounter and Stitch’s Great Escape) breaks free of his enclosure and follows us on our tour of the sanctuary, possibly getting into some trouble when we find some bigger and meaner creatures. Think of this ride as Mystic Manor meets Alien Encounter. The ride system would also come from Mystic Manor, trackless vehicles transport guest through otherworldly sets, at times splitting up and taking different routes before meeting up again later.

I’m pretty busy right now so I’ll update my description with more details later on.

Excited to hear what you all are thinking for the future of this land!

THE Monorail Lime

Thread for Tomorrowland attraction ideas, as the land seems to be starting to go through a very big renovation. Feel free to add your ideas, here’s mine:

Alien Zoo/Sci-Fi Zoo dark ride (name is a work in progress)

Possible replacement for Buzz or Speedway, ideally would like it as a new addition or to take over the stitch building but i dont know what the expansion plots are in Tomorrowland and the Stitch building seems to small unless the Imagineers could get REALLY creative with how the space is used.

Plot for attraction is that we are guest about to go on a tour of the Tomorrowland Extraterestrial Wildlife Sanctuary, when Skippy (the fuzzy alien seen in the pre show for Alien Encounter and Stitch’s Great Escape) breaks free of his enclosure and follows us on our tour of the sanctuary, possibly getting into some trouble when we find some bigger and meaner creatures. Think of this ride as Mystic Manor meets Alien Encounter. The ride system would also come from Mystic Manor, trackless vehicles transport guest through otherworldly sets, at times splitting up and taking different routes before meeting up again later.

I’m pretty busy right now so I’ll update my description with more details later on.

Excited to hear what you all are thinking for the future of this land!
Are you a genius

jt04

Walt's Tomorrowlands

A telling of the Walt Disney Story through his visionary projects.

A narrative story covering Disneyland with an emphasis on Tomorrowland, his contributions to the World's Fair and his Florida project featuring E.P.C.O.T.

It would fit nicely in the Buzz building which features a classic Walt invention. The omnimover.

Classic old school dark ride designed to inspire young dreamers and entrepreneurs who might follow in Walt's footsteps.

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Walt's Tomorrowlands

A telling of the Walt Disney Story through his visionary projects.

A narrative story covering Disneyland with an emphasis on Tomorrowland, his contributions to the World's Fair and his Florida project featuring E.P.C.O.T.

It would fit nicely in the Buzz building which features a classic Walt invention. The omnimover.

Classic old school dark ride designed to inspire young dreamers and entrepreneurs who might follow in Walt's footsteps.
I feel like this would work amazing in both Tomorrowland and Epcot, great idea!

jt04

I feel like this would work amazing in both Tomorrowland and Epcot, great idea!

Thank you very much. It is specifically created to fulfill the message of EPCOT Center as FW will likely have a very different future.

Some other notes,

I would slow the omnimover down if possible. This needs to be a relaxing and information dense attraction to create re-rideability. It should also be an escape from the heat and humidity. Like Pirates or Small World.

The final message should be a question.

"What will your Tomorrowland be?"

Oh yeah, this would also replace One Man's Dream at the Studios. Most of the items there would be perfect for this new venue.

Last edited:

Disneyrailfan1996

Not exactly a new idea, but a new idea:
I would like for the Carousel of Progress to get a new Pre-show video (or a slight update at the very least) since Rex Allen is saying “some 30 years ago” or “Over 30 years ago” respectively in the two segments (the video was made in the 90’s), if they change it more to reflect the current times, then it won’t sound so painfully dated. You can’t get Rex Allen to redo it since he unfortunately passed away in 1999. Maybe even an HD remaster would work at the very least (it’s currently in 4:3 aspect ratio).
Then for the attraction itself, I would HATE to see the current version go! Jean Shepherd has great comedic timing and it’s a great showcase of well-known cartoon voice talents (the only voice talents that were pretty much well known in the original were Rex Allen and Mel Blanc). Maybe just a small rewrite would be easier considering that Rex Allen, Janet Waldo, Mel Blanc, and Jean Shepherd are no longer with us. I imagine maybe getting BJ ward and or Debi Derryberry would be very easy.
And if it ever comes to be that the show is completely redone, I PRAY that Mel Blanc’s infamous “No privacy at all around this place!” for Orville is not removed! That’s the only line and voice that’s has been the same since day 1 (well... there’s also “Sorry Orville!” but the voice for that has changed). Removing or re-recording that would most likely be removing the last ORGINAL bit from the ORIGINAL show! Besides, where will you find someone as good for the line as Mel Blanc?

rio

As a replacement for Stitch, why don’t we do a cross between Horizons, Flight to The Moon, and The Timekeeper?

Guests would sit in the same way as they do now, as a film and a couple characters bring them to the future. Naturally, something goes wrong, and they eventually end up stuck in limbo between utopian and distopian futures. The audience makes a choice, and they go to the destination they choose.

Edit: Accidently named. Flight to the Moon the title of an old Frank Sinatra song. It’s fixed

Brer Oswald

Not exactly a new idea, but a new idea:
I would like for the Carousel of Progress to get a new Pre-show video (or a slight update at the very least) since Rex Allen is saying “some 30 years ago” or “Over 30 years ago” respectively in the two segments (the video was made in the 90’s), if they change it more to reflect the current times, then it won’t sound so painfully dated. You can’t get Rex Allen to redo it since he unfortunately passed away in 1999. Maybe even an HD remaster would work at the very least (it’s currently in 4:3 aspect ratio).
Then for the attraction itself, I would HATE to see the current version go! Jean Shepherd has great comedic timing and it’s a great showcase of well-known cartoon voice talents (the only voice talents that were pretty much well known in the original were Rex Allen and Mel Blanc). Maybe just a small rewrite would be easier considering that Rex Allen, Janet Waldo, Mel Blanc, and Jean Shepherd are no longer with us. I imagine maybe getting BJ ward and or Debi Derryberry would be very easy.
And if it ever comes to be that the show is completely redone, I PRAY that Mel Blanc’s infamous “No privacy at all around this place!” for Orville is not removed! That’s the only line and voice that’s has been the same since day 1 (well... there’s also “Sorry Orville!” but the voice for that has changed). Removing or re-recording that would most likely be removing the last ORGINAL bit from the ORIGINAL show! Besides, where will you find someone as good for the line as Mel Blanc?
If they redo the CoP soonish, they could get Rex Allen Jr. to do it. His voice sounds very similar to his dad’s.

jt04

Laugh Floor replacement for 2021.

With all the Buzzy biz going on I thought of something.

How about bringing back Cranium Command in the old Laugh Floor/Timekeeper venue. New script and new characters but same general idea.

This could be put together easily in 2 1/2 years.

Just needs a Tomorrowland-esque storyline.

SafDogg

I have a couple of ideas actually that would add on to the collection of Tomorrowland rides: One can be like a rocket ride that starts at the top of an incline and slowly descends to the bottom. When the cockpit hits the bottom, the seat shifts upward so that the person sees the sky while the rocket ascends back up to the top. Another idea would be a Gundam-type ride where 5 people control a separate part of the battle robot as it punches and kicks another Gundam robot controlled by 5 other people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom