New Tomorrowland ??? 1994? 1995??

the-reason14

Original Poster
I just saw this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqT1D1ap10&playnext=1&videos=qNuoZOW-J3Y

And something that is confusing me is it's saying the new tomorrowland opened in 1995. There's a point in the vid where they show the astro orbirter still undergoing construction and I think it points out that the year was 1994 or 95 or something. It's confusing me because we have video of us in tomorrowland(brief video, but footage nonetheless) and it's 1994 and all that is boarded up is the Alien Encounter. I think the TTA was open, and I know for sure that the astro oribiter was. So can someone give me a descriptive timeline on when the new tomorrowland officially opened? We were there in July 1994, and this is how it was on the video so, help because I'm confused.

zifster

I just saw this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqT1D1ap10&playnext=1&videos=qNuoZOW-J3Y

And something that is confusing me is it's saying the new tomorrowland opened in 1995. There's a point in the vid where they show the astro orbirter still undergoing construction and I think it points out that the year was 1994 or 95 or something. It's confusing me because we have video of us in tomorrowland(brief video, but footage nonetheless) and it's 1994 and all that is boarded up is the Alien Encounter. I think the TTA was open, and I know for sure that the astro oribiter was. So can someone give me a descriptive timeline on when the new tomorrowland officially opened? We were there in July 1994, and this is how it was on the video so, help because I'm confused.

I think I remember some of the attractions opening earlier, the Astro Orbiter being one of them. So you may be correct. Then again, I may be remembering wrong.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Old Tomorrowland began closing down in October 1993, the majority of the construction was throughout 1994, ending in phases as the year passed, and Alien Encounter v2 finally opened January 1995. So in effect the land was indeed complete in 1995.

dxwwf3

Everything I've ever seen has AE's opening date at June 20, 1995. Were there soft openings in January leading all the way up to an "official" opening in June?

the-reason14

Original Poster
Oh thank goodness, I thought someone was gonna tell me I was dreaming or something lol.
The video shows the astro orbiter still undergoing some phase of construction up until 1995, but we were there in July 1994 and the astro orbiter was up and running. The only construction walls I saw in our vid was from where alien encounter was going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom