New to WDW Dining

Jabbas

Original Poster
Hello everyone..

I am going to Epcot this Sunday. I've been to other parks but never Epcot. I've been doing alot of research and we have reservations for lunch at Via Napoli and Marrakesh for Dinner. I'm wondering if we should switch Via Napoli because I can get a real Italian meal at home or is it worth it? As a first timer, I'm wondering if I should have went with a different choice. Thanks in advance.

Jabbas

Original Poster
I've read good things about biergarten but I'm not into buffets. Any other suggestions? It will be kind of hard to even get a reservation at this point.

Mukta

For my first time at Epcot, I wouldn't want to spend my time eating at 2 sit down restaurants. I can spend 2 full days in that park and not see everything.

I would spend my morning in Future World and have a quick service lunch at Sunshine Seasons or the quick service place in Mexico. Then I would spend the second half of the day in the world showcase and eat at Marrakesh.

disney4life2008

For my first time at Epcot, I wouldn't want to spend my time eating at 2 sit down restaurants. I can spend 2 full days in that park and not see everything.

I would spend my morning in Future World and have a quick service lunch at Sunshine Seasons or the quick service place in Mexico. Then I would spend the second half of the day in the world showcase and eat at Marrakesh.

Sunshine is amazing - I can go in there and gain 50lbs just looking and smelling the food. I would suggest this over the QS in Mexico - again, there menu is more texmex you can find any where. I second Marrakesh though I have never been

Jabbas

Original Poster

Well since I live in Florida and I can go to WDW anytime I want I am not worried about seeing everything. I'm going back over the summer. It's just easier for us to go to one park at a time with my work schedule. I am very excited to go.

Arty Cordova

I strongly agree. You really want to enjoy your dinner reservations and I think having two sit down meals might hinder that. The great thing about Epcot is they have excellent quick service meals as well as reserved tables. I would recommend Mexico for a quick service meal to keep you full until dinner.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Via Napoli is really not the place for traditional Italian. It is THE place for the best pizza!! If you want Italian, Tutto Italia (next door to Via Napoli) or Il Mulino New York Trattoria at the Swan are the places to go if you are at EPCOT.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If you can't get good pizza at home keep the ADR otherwise do a cs for lunch. The only problem with EPCOT is so many good dining choices so little time, not to mention the weight gain LOL

Jabbas

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. I love this forum. We will probably do a pizza for lunch instead of getting something fancy. If I had my choice we would be going to Mexico for lunch or even spice road table but its not my birthday so next time, lol. Also, for my next visit, how hard is it to get into Cinderellas Royal Table?

Mukta

It is pretty hard to get an ADR at CRT. Most people make their reservations at 180 days out. Since it is a prepaid meal, most people do not cancel it. If you don't want to wait 180 days, just start playing with the ADR system to see which day you can get.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for all the responses. I love this forum. We will probably do a pizza for lunch instead of getting something fancy. If I had my choice we would be going to Mexico for lunch or even spice road table but its not my birthday so next time, lol. Also, for my next visit, how hard is it to get into Cinderellas Royal Table?
The pizza at Via Napoli is the freshest tasting pizza we have ever had! Our favorite by far. And we've never felt over-stuffed, which sometimes happens with pizza.

Jabbas

Original Poster
The pizza at Via Napoli is the freshest tasting pizza we have ever had! Our favorite by far. And we've never felt over-stuffed, which sometimes happens with pizza.

I'm glad to hear that! We will prob just get personal pizzas and share slices. I'm a big eater so I won't be full by dinner.

Jabbas

Original Poster
So I've been playing around with the reservation page. Let me tell you, I picked a date a couple of months away and I immediately found openings for Be Our Guest and CRT. Only issue is how does that credit card hold that CRT places on your credit card work? Is that price of the meal? Can you cancel it?

lilclerk

So I've been playing around with the reservation page. Let me tell you, I picked a date a couple of months away and I immediately found openings for Be Our Guest and CRT. Only issue is how does that credit card hold that CRT places on your credit card work? Is that price of the meal? Can you cancel it?
CRT charges the full amount at booking, it includes taxes and gratuity. I believe if you cancel by midnight the night before, they'll give a full refund, but I'd double check that when you book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom