New to the Candelight Processional - Couple Questions

Shere_Khan

Hi all - I have been to WDW during the Christmas season before but have never had the desire to go to the Candelight Processional. However, we will be in WDW from Dec 2-8 this year and I know this is something my mother would really enjoy as I am sure I will be pleasantly surprised as well.

I just had a few questions that I would love some feedback on to help me with planning.

I am pretty much already dead set on our dinner reservations. I really don't want to change anything. We are also not eating in Epcot. I already read that the showtimes have not been announced yet but was wondering how many shows per night do they typically have, around what times? I need to figure out if this is something we can even try to do due to our current ADRs.

Also is this something that is crazy busy every night at every show? Do I have a better chance going the week that we are going rather then a busier time of year. If I don't plan to book a dinner package I would love some tips from those of you who have not booked a dinner package on how soon to be there, where to go, what to expect. Or just any of your experiences.

I'd really like to try to see this.
Thanks in advance.

Mukta

There are 3 shows a night.

November 29 - December 30, 2013
Performances take place each evening at
5:00 pm, 6:45 pm and 8:15 pm

Weeknights can be less crowded, but it depends on who is narrating. A popular narrator can have people waiting for hours.

What I did last year was eat lunch at Biergarten with the dining package. It was the cheapest package. For $35 a person, you will get lunch, not have to wait in a long line for the package and have a nice spot to watch Illuminations from.

In 2010, I didn't have the package and people started lining up super early. I watched a bit of the show while walking by because I didn't want to wait 4 hours to possibly get into the show.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
There are 3 shows a night.

November 29 - December 30, 2013
Performances take place each evening at
5:00 pm, 6:45 pm and 8:15 pm

Weeknights can be less crowded, but it depends on who is narrating. A popular narrator can have people waiting for hours.

What I did last year was eat lunch at Biergarten with the dining package. It was the cheapest package. For $35 a person, you will get lunch, not have to wait in a long line for the package and have a nice spot to watch Illuminations from.

In 2010, I didn't have the package and people started lining up super early. I watched a bit of the show while walking by because I didn't want to wait 4 hours to possibly get into the show.

Ahh thank you, I didn't factor in lunch. That could be a great option. I imagine if you book lunch you will be placed in the first showing?
How long is the show? Unfortunately alot of our ADRs are around 6:15-6:30. We have a 6:30 at the Wave one night. I wonder if we could catch a 5pm show and still get to the Wave on time?

Upvote 0

Mukta

It is about 45 minutes long.

The only way to get to the Wave on time would be to walk out of Epcot using the International Gateway, walking to the BC and grabbing a cab to the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
It is about 45 minutes long.

The only way to get to the Wave on time would be to walk out of Epcot using the International Gateway, walking to the BC and grabbing a cab to the Contemporary.

Yes that would be a close one.
I will have to check if there are any later reservations at the Wave, and of course if there are even any lunch packages left for that day. I've never tried to reserve a lunch/dinner package like this so I have no idea how soon they fill up.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

We did the lunch package at either Morocco or Germany (I can't remember which one was the package) and were given seating at the early show. We did it a couple of days before NYE, when the park was super crowded, and I was able to make the reservation 3 weeks before we showed up. If you are flexible about where you eat lunch, you should be able to find someplace without any problems. The line for general admission was SUPER long. People even started lining up for the reserved seating 30 minutes ahead of when we were supposed to arrive. We did not, but we still got a really good seat.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips. I got my wave reservation changed to 7:15.
Hopefully that gives us a better chance of going to 5 pm show and still getting back for Ilumminations.

Now I just have to see if any lunches are available.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Is it possible to see 815 show and still be around for illuminations...

Illuminations typically doesn't start until like 9 or 930..pretty sure the latter. You'd have plenty of time. That is what we are doing this year. They gave me a 4:30 Dinner Rezzie at Via Napoli and then told me my show was at 8:15 pm. And we plan on viewing Illuminations immediately afterwards.:)

Upvote 0

armyfamilyof5

We have been and it was incredibly busy and crowded. We did the dinner package to get reserved seating and it was well worth it to us as we have kids and they are unwilling to wait hours for a seat for this, also seat saving is just not allowed because seating is so limited. My oldest plays an instrument and she loves it so we have gone multiple times for her pleasure.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Well I tried to get in at Biergarten or Via Napoli for lunch on the only date it would work out with our existing dinner reservations. No luck!
Not that I am surprised, I should have thought of this sooner.
The only options left were the three most expensive. Just not sure I want to see it as badly as $65 + for a lunch.

I guess I could try a different day but would need to change another dinner to be later.

The good part is we are not traveling with kids. Standing in line won't be fun but its not unbearable.

Boo!!!
So you think getting in standby line an hour before would help our chances of at least viewing the show?

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I just called and got Biergarten!

I asked my travel agent to try the other day and she said there was nothing available at Biergarten.
I just called and they had it!

Upvote 0

Mukta

Oh good! I'm glad you were able to book Biergarten. An hour would not have cut it at all. People line up 3 to 4 hours before a show.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Oh good! I'm glad you were able to book Biergarten. An hour would not have cut it at all. People line up 3 to 4 hours before a show.
I am so pumped now that I got in!
It will be nice not to have to worry about when to line up.
Thanks for the tips!

Upvote 0

deanaandrich

Even with the dinner package you will want to line up as early as possible to get the best seats. Yes you can show up 15 minutes prior, but you may be sitting all the way in the back or a tree or post may block your view. We have always gotten the 8:15 show but we still line up an hour ahead of time even with guaranteed seats.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom