New Tiered Annual Pass - Upgrade Early?

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone has been to the parks and attempted to upgrade their existing Annual Pass (prior to 10/4) to one of the newer tiered passes.

Didn't know if it was mandatory to wait until the current one expires. :cool::p

dreamfinder

There have been reports of people doing the upgrade before their current pass expired. However, I believe you get charged the full cost difference with no prorated price based on the amount of time left. So if your current pass has no parking, or the Photopass downloads are a must have then it may work out in your favor.

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
There have been reports of people doing the upgrade before their current pass expired. However, I believe you get charged the full cost difference with no prorated price based on the amount of time left. So if your current pass has no parking, or the Photopass downloads are a must have then it may work out in your favor.

That is interesting, i will have to ask them when we get there.

When you say lose out on the pro-rate, I take that to mean, the upgraded pass will start the day its upgraded for the 12 months, so what we are losing is the price we paid to date on the current pass, if i got that correctly. :confused:

dreamfinder

That is interesting, i will have to ask them when we get there.

When you say lose out on the pro-rate, I take that to mean, the upgraded pass will start the day its upgraded for the 12 months, so what we are losing is the price we paid to date on the current pass, if i got that correctly. :confused:

The upgraded pass will expire the same day as your existing pass. Not pro-rating the upgrade cost means you pay the difference regardless of when your old pass would be up for renewal. So if you old pass only had 1 month left on it, the cost to upgrade is the same as if it had 11 months left on it. So it may or may not be worth it to you to upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom