NEW Theme Park

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
I heard that Universal Orlando has room four 2 more parks and 3-4 hotels and a golf course. Has anyone heard anymore?

markymark

Is that the land that comes down behind the Peabody, near where they are expanding the conference centre? Someone said this to us last year, and that they thought Universal owned it. Quite a lot of land there, but surely I Drive will start to get completely swamped if there are another 2 parks, with golf courses as well. Sooner or later, Universal will end just as Dinsey starts. Don't like that idea much. I preferred it when USF was just sat up at the top of I Drive on its own.
Even if they do go ahead with this expansion though, I can't ever see USF reaching the size or quality of WDW. Lets hope not anyhoo.

JBloom1029

well my dads the cfo of the tisch family and they own loews hotels and one of the loews people told me they were building a third park somewhere next to IOA and that another hotel chain would build a few more hotels but not loews. Loews was originaly asked to build 5 in universal but didnt want to take the risk

sillyspook13

Originally posted by markymark
Is that the land that comes down behind the Peabody, near where they are expanding the conference centre? Someone said this to us last year, and that they thought Universal owned it. Quite a lot of land there, but surely I Drive will start to get completely swamped if there are another 2 parks, with golf courses as well. Sooner or later, Universal will end just as Dinsey starts. Don't like that idea much. I preferred it when USF was just sat up at the top of I Drive on its own.
Even if they do go ahead with this expansion though, I can't ever see USF reaching the size or quality of WDW. Lets hope not anyhoo.
Yes, that's the place. I totally agree with you. You can have too much of a good thing-especially that close to the Mouse. Plus, I-Drive is already swamped.

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
If you put to many theme-parks in one area people loss interest in the older parks. This happened to Universal when the new IOA opened all the people went there. Think If Universal builds four parks and Disney has 6-8 parks and you got Sea World and many more. There going to be major competion and problems. I

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
If you put to many theme-parks in one area people loss interest in the older parks. This happened to Universal when the new IOA opened all the people went there. Think If Universal builds four parks and Disney has 6-8 parks and you got Sea World and many more. There going to be major competion and problems. I

Problems for them, great on us. if they kept on competing with one another. more better attraction are on the way :)

Brett

Competition is good!! It brings out the best in each company as the will be trying to best each other. In the end, we'll all have to choose sides, and you better believe I'm sticking with the mouse :p

woofboy111

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Problems for them, great on us. if they kept on competing with one another. more better attraction are on the way :)

Hey, I won't choose sides. Universal has some pretty good rides, like spiderman, and Men in Black. As long as both disney and Universal keep on createing new parks with great rides, I'll go to both. (sea world is another story...They need a lot of work!)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111

Hey, I won't choose sides. Universal has some pretty good rides, like spiderman, and Men in Black. As long as both disney and Universal keep on createing new parks with great rides, I'll go to both. (sea world is another story...They need a lot of work!)

I think seaworld is fine. but thats just me. yeah mayube that need to do some expansion, They really need to onsite hotels at seaworld. I'd stay there if they did :)

JAY-ROD

well it would be fine by me if universal added more parks. But my ? would be what kind of park would it be. they have a movie park, plus a thrill park, do they build another thrill park or what?

woofboy111

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

I think seaworld is fine. but thats just me. yeah mayube that need to do some expansion, They really need to onsite hotels at seaworld. I'd stay there if they did :)

I too agree that sea world's pretty good. There's just no enough to do there. THey need more rides, and hotels would help too.

markymark

I think SW is great but I am not sure that they need too many rides there, or they may lose sight of what they were originally there for. Atlantis is great and Kraken is awesome, and I'm sure they will put more rides in. But for me SW is a place to go to chill out a little. Sure have a couple rides, but lets keep it more or less as it is. I am sure that people will not stop going just because there isn't loads of fast rides.

JAY-ROD

I think SW is great but I am not sure that they need too many rides there, or they may lose sight of what they were originally there for. Atlantis is great and Kraken is awesome, and I'm sure they will put more rides in. But for me SW is a place to go to chill out a little. Sure have a couple rides, but lets keep it more or less as it is. I am sure that people will not stop going just because there isn't loads of fast rides.

maybe they should just add some more animal shows. I think that would be great.

woofboy111

Yes, but I feel that the shows start to get boreing if you have an AP to the place. With the rides, I can go on them over and over again, and notice new things (espically at disney). I know some of you won't agree, but that's what I think.

Chad

Excessive roller coasters are not the answer. I am sort of dissapointed that people enjoyed kraken as much as they did, I found it sort of an insult to imagination, and it reminds me how good disney is to us. Look at it. Its a huge aqua colored rail floating around in a field in the back of a theme park. It has no story. It has no plot. its just a roller coaster that goes fast. It doesn't evoke any real emotion in me except for fear, and that only lasts for a couple rides, maybe three. You can't go on and 'notice' something new, like woofboy said, there's nothing new to notice. Sea world could get more money by renting it out as a cow pasture. Atlantis, on the other hand, is an AMAZING ride, one that i was THOUROUGHLY pleased with, and was one that I will go on many times because it stimulates more then ONE sense, and endulges me into a story. Sea world is just that, the sea, and I hope they don't loose sight of that. Keep to the point sea world, you're doing great. Add some rides, but remember, you are there to show the world a part of the eart they don't get to see anywhere else, the creatures that live under the surface.

M

Mr Lightbeer

At the risk of being shot down in flames, I (Mrs Lightbeer that is) think that Atlantis is the best ride in the whole of Orlando, it makes splash mountain look dated and tame, although still kind of cute. I really am not a fan of wild coaster rides, prefering a story or theme ride everytime, I think Atlantis has it all and I'm sure you have to ride it more than once to truly appreciate the story. I hope seaworld doesn't keep adding thrill rides, the park is big enough and if you take time to enjoy the surroundings and environments created for the creatures you will be hard pressed to see everything in a day.

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
What do you think if Disney made a DisneySea but put shows like Sea Worlds has and the rides like it has in Toyko?

MrPromey

A lot of people have the attitude that if it's not a ride, they aren't interested. I took someone to MGM and tried to get them to go to both Muppet Vision and The Hunchback show and they weren't interested. The Hunchback part I can sort of understand because it really is a live show (which isn't enough for some people) but Muppet Vision, I couldn't understand. It's really nothing like a show in the traditional sense. If your seats jiggled just a little bit it would have all the elements of a dark ride. Still though, I couldn't convince them...

Chad

I understand that completely. People want alot of, pardon the expression, cheap thrills now a-days. Now, don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters, but over on the imagineering board, alot of peoples only answer to an open area is 'A roller coaster themed like this...or a roller coaster that does that' Quite frankly, I get bored with roller coasters. And alot of people have to be moving and doing something, its like mass ADD, and sitting through a show, even if it is 3-d, is too much for them
This was more venting then anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom