News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Link to the rumor??
Don't bother. It's just WDW Pro repeating all the rumors we hear here already, both the trustworthy insiders' leaks and specious rumors.

He hears there's a 10 year plan in place... as if Disney doesn't have long term plans in place continuously. This is typical of horoscopes and Chinese fortune cookies... something nebulous which can apply to everyone at all times.

He hears Main Street Theater isn't off the table... as if every other idea that's not greenlit isn't sitting somewhere to be put back on the table. Scrapped ideas can always come back. A real insider lets us know if it is back or not... not just might be back. Again, another fortune cookie.

And all these things are happening because Disney is poised to get ready to battle it out with Epic Universe, which any true insider will say is not much of a worry for Disney at all. Just think about how Universal's two parks already decimated WDW!!! ;)

LittleBuford

Don't bother. It's just WDW Pro repeating all the rumors we hear here already, both the trustworthy insiders' leaks and specious rumors.

He hears there's a 10 year plan in place... as if Disney doesn't have long term plans in place continuously. This is typical of horoscopes and Chinese fortune cookies... something nebulous which can apply to everyone at all times.

He hears Main Street Theater isn't off the table... as if every other idea that's not greenlit isn't sitting somewhere to be put back on the table. Scrapped ideas can always come back. A real insider lets us know if it is back or not... not just might be back. Again, another fortune cookie.

And all these things are happening because Disney is poised to get ready to battle it out with Epic Universe, which any true insider will say is not much of a worry for Disney at all. Just think about how Universal's two parks already decimated WDW!!! ;)
I wouldn’t have taken any notice if he hadn’t mentioned some very specific details. That’s why I thought it worth bringing up here, just in case others had heard anything relevant.

EricsBiscuit

EU will take UOR to the next level. WDW absolutely should be concerned.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I stumbled upon another website (whose reliability I can’t vouch for, and which I’m not sure I can share here) reporting that this project may be back on and even enlarged in scale. Have any of our insiders here heard anything to that effect, or is it just a baseless rumour?

don't worry about posting a forbidden site, if it's not allowed it will get blocked.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the article on this...

"I’m told that internal polling and temperature checks have determined that the Splash Mountain removal for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is no longer expected to be a major boost for the park"

Would even those most incompetent management think for a second that the re-theme would give the park a "major boost"?

castlecake2.0

From the article on this...

"I’m told that internal polling and temperature checks have determined that the Splash Mountain removal for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is no longer expected to be a major boost for the park"

Would even those most incompetent management think for a second that the re-theme would give the park a "major boost"?
The last thing that park needs is a major boost! Really all MK needs is to have all their venues open and attractions maintained to proper show quality. It’s always going to be the busiest park in the world. It’s the other three parks that need boosts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The last thing that park needs is a major boost! Really all MK needs is to have all their venues open and attractions maintained to proper show quality. It’s always going to be the busiest park in the world. It’s the other three parks that need boosts.

I actually think a large theater would help with crowds, it would soak up a lot of people.

bhg469

I actually think a large theater would help with crowds, it would soak up a lot of people.
Both of these things are true. Granted the show in the theater needs to be something really good..

bhg469

And when UO opened two lands with that most popular IP ever... did that ruin WDW?
Potter is not Nintendo/Mario... I don't believe I said it would "ruin" WDW.. Universal will never be a destination for a segment of Disney guests for whatever reason. Universal is in a position to become the primary destination for many, aside from very sheltered Disney guests.. Heck some WDW guests swear they will never go to DL.. Universal will never take catch up to WDW but their goal is to take more people away from Disney for more days and they will absolutely accomplish this with the new park and they may even take away 3-4 days of that weeks vacation.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom