News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just cannot understand this thinking. We all know SWL will bring massive crowds, why not have as many new experiences you can to spread out crowds? My family and I did the Mermaid show back in Dec and it was a huge embarrassment for Disney- just no where up to par for their standards- I had not seen it in years and we thought our daughter would enjoy it....Come on Disney, update these shows!

While I agree that Mermaid and BatB (along with the open area theater) should have been replaced long ago... nothing is going to appreciably spread the crowds within DHS. There will be a 2-3 hour queue to get into SWL and they'll be closing the park and the parking lot by 10 AM.

New shows in those theaters won't ease that kind of pain.

Now, new stuff in the other 3 parks for when people can't get into DHS... that will be a help.

We'll get a preview of what "a good number of rides" can do when SWL first opens in DL. I'm thinking... not much.

Bocabear

Thanks for the correction, I vivdly remember the show. But I don't remember the show having laser effects when I seen it back in 2006. Were the laser effects there from the start or were they added years later?
They were there from the start...Sad they were ever turned off.... Glad to know they are back, though that temporary place filler of a show REALLY need to go....

crxbrett

If they did ever add it though it would make adventureland very boat heavy... actually that side of the park would be almost all boats... Pirates, Jungle, New Boat Tech, Splash, River Boat, TS Rafts, Small World...

In a way, I don't really have a problem with that lol I love the water-related attractions at the parks myself.

Indiana Jones with boats would be pretty fun!

So the rumour is AL is getting a clone of something? I wasn't even thinking of Pirates from Shanghai when I heard this. I was thinking Roaring Rapids possibly. Although i guess it would be too similar/redundant to Kali River since they are both rapid river raft rides. A pirate show in AL would be pretty popular I'd imagine and it would be pretty fun to see a show on that side of the park. If something like that did happen, I'll be sad to see the SFT go, though. I assume that's the location of any big AL project being proposed/planned.

Myth Maker

The problem is too that star wars is so popular and so big, it honestly needed a bigger stage.. Star wars theme park should of just been a 5th gate. Go big or go home as they say. Imagine exploring all the different planets and star wars worlds... would of been amazing. Some fan made concept art at some point. HWS will be choked with crowds with nothing to disperse them.

brb1006

I know...so annoying...never take them to the parks! :)
I rememeber waiting for the theater show for One Man's Dream during our Senior Trip in 2015 and there was this little girl throwing a tantrum outside the theater. I was hoping the door's would close faster to drown out the screaming in order to focus on the film that was about to start.

Ismael Flores

With nothing to base this on, it does feel like we'll either get the Moana show or the Pirates show in place of the Main Street Theater. I guess the only bright side to a theater, especially if it's Moana, is that it can be demoed for something better in the future. But I don't know if I like them limiting the theaters to specific areas like Adventureland. I guess even Main Street could have been slightly restrictive but not nearly as much. Look at the theaters in Disneyland Paris.

(Again, this is just baseless speculation on my part)

Problem with TDO is that they like keeping shows for decades. Hollywood studios still has some of the same shows that the park opened with and others have been around for many years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom